• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
My local mom and pop usually gets Tuesday releases the Thursday/Friday before release date.

That's what I'm saying, this game coming out Friday instead of Tuesday means it would have more likely come out NEXT Tuesday as opposed to today, which means you would have gotten the game this Thurs/Fri regardless

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
so i replayed through DMC4SE on nero/dante and i don't remember the lucifer cutscene after you kill berial as dante being so juvenile

dante is such a dork

i'm in the middle of my lady/trish playthrough and i don't like lady at all. trish is fun though

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so i replayed through DMC4SE on nero/dante and i don't remember the lucifer cutscene after you kill berial as dante being so juvenile

dante is such a dork

i'm in the middle of my lady/trish playthrough and i don't like lady at all. trish is fun though

Dante's always been a dork lmao

Everyone finds him insufferable but let him get away with it because he just happens to be the equivalent to Superman in the DMC universe.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom pls
2MXekDf.gif

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
The Trish and Lady scenes are really bugging me, if they were playable I think I could tolerate it, but they're not

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Yes, they've explained what these were going to be from the beginning

Separately, have we learned if there is any kind of boss rush type stage at all?
Yea part of creating cutscenes is creating a pre-vis.

I missed the pre release explanation so I literally thought they were actual live action acted cutscenes!

But its cool to see the Pre-Vis but I was totally taken off guard on what to expect lmao. Hilarious.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So V is Vergil? Kinda disappointing TBH, I kind of liked how the character is shaping up... as unpopular of an opinion that may be.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I forgot Boss Rush. They really screwed up if they don't at least add that with the Bloody Palace update.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I think they mean that it doesn't have to be one or the other; you can have best-in-class gameplay and incredible graphics, character models, art style, etc.

Though I will say that I bet Capcom gave Itsuno and his team an unusually high budget to work with, as well as seemingly all the development time they needed. This has to be the most expensive character action game ever made. I can't imagine your average Platinum project ever sees anywhere near as much money, for comparison.

If DMC 5 was going to be the last game due to bad sales, Itsuno made damn sure the series was going to go out on a high note. It makes a lot of the character action games that came before it look antiquated. This one truly feels like an evolution of the genre. I think its safe to say a new bar has been set. I look forward to what other devs do for the genre from now on.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
If Vergil was forced to run the DMC shop I can't tell whether he'd end up as broke as Dante or rolling in dough.

I can't imagine he'd accept living like a bum like Dante but at the same time he'd probably tell most customers to go fuck themselves while he reads some poetry.

He'd probably be more pragmatic about it. As in he won't accept being hoodwinked or low balled when it comes to pricing.

Dante is the nicer twin. He'll do some jobs for free apparently. With Vergil? Lol fuck no is that happening.

In other words, the shop would actually be profitable, and running like an actual business, instead of being a dumpster.

Of course, telling customers to go fuck themselves while he reads some poetry is also a realistic scenario.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the Lady posts.

Damn. The dev team just couldn't deviate from that trope, or they really didn't have anything for Lady and Trish.

Will still but the game, but I'm going to instantly skip those cutscenes.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
The whole game was streamed on YT already lol.

- V and Urizen are indeed Vergil's human and demonic halves. Vergil split himself into two after taking the Yamato back from Nero. A weakened V shoves his sword into a defeated Urizen's chest and then Vergil appears
- Dante's Sin DT does crazy damage
- Dante and Vergil remain in hell at the end with a post credit cutscene showing them fighting in hell with Vergil saying "Don't you dare say it" and Dante responding "Jackpot"
- There's a post credit cutscene of Trish and Lady bickering about who gets the business now with Dante gone before Morrison comes in and says it's his
- Full shot of Vergil's new DT:

image0.png

- Vergil is literally labeled as "The Alpha and the Omega" when he appears lol
- The leaked pics of Nero stopping Vergil and Dante from clashing happens immediately after Nero awakens his DT.

Too tired to post anymore.

Last edited:

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
The whole game was streamed on YT lol.

- V and Urizen are indeed Vergil's human and demonic halves. Vergil split himself into two after taking the Yamato back from Nero. A weakened V shoves his sword into a defeated Urizen's chest and then Vergil appears
- Dante and Vergil remain in hell at the end with a post credit cutscene showing them fighting in hell with Vergil saying "Don't you dare say it" and Dante responding "Jackpot"
- There's a post credit cutscene of Trish and Lady bickering about who gets the business now with Dante gone before Morrison comes in and says it's his
- Full shot of Vergil new DT:

image0.png

- The leaked pics of Nero stopping Vergil and Dante from clashing happens immediately after Nero awakens his DT.

Thanks for this.

There was a thread started on gfaqs where the guy said Vergil ends up leaving Hell and gets a job at DMC with Nero. Dante willingly stayed behind and told Vergil to leave and spend time with his family.

That and Vergil apparently courted Nero's mother by reciting poetry to her.

What he says varies a lot with what you said so I'm wondering if he was lying after all since things got heated in that thread and people called him out for lying.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for this.

There was a thread started on gfaqs where the guy said Vergil ends up leaving Hell and gets a job at DMC with Nero. Dante willingly stayed behind and told Vergil to leave and spend time with his family.

That and Vergil apparently courted Nero's mother by reciting poetry to her.

What he says varies a lot with what you said so I'm wondering if he was lying after all since things got heated in that thread and people called him out for lying.

Yea he's lying. I watched the guy's stream and Dante and Vergil never leave hell. The last we see of them is from that post-credit scene I described in my post. The menu screens showing various characters in the van (like Vergil and Nero) aren't meant to be taken literally.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017

image0.png

I'm curious as to why Vergil split himself. Like if it was a "MY HUMAN FORM IS WEAAAAAAK" thing or just he wasn't strong enough to contain it. Idk lol.
It happening after he took Yamato back feels weird, rather than it being like when Nero Angelo got "beaten", his form split then.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

image0.png

True form of Yamato... Ahhh yeah... So Dante really got a 2nd rate present by his father. But what we need now is Demon Sword Vergil

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I'm curious as to why Vergil split himself. Like if it was a "MY HUMAN FORM IS WEAAAAAAK" thing or just he wasn't strong enough to contain it. Idk lol.
It happening after he took Yamato back feels weird, rather than it being like when Nero Angelo got "beaten", his form split then.

That's exactly what it was.

qNDqWRq.jpg

He wanted to defeat Dante so badly that he believed severing his human half would give him the power to do so. Yes, DMC5 basically boils down to Dante and Vergil's constant pissing contest. It's really more of a Vergil game than anybody else to be honest.

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Can you tell me what happens to the Sparda sword and how the Dante's new sword is created.

Seriously I still hate the fact that Yamato is so special and even got a new form... while Rebellion was so lacklaster all the time

Dante absorbs both the Sword of Sparda and Rebellion and that's how he gains both his new sword (Devil Sword Dante) and his Sin DT.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dante absorbs both the Sword of Sparda and Rebellion and that's how he gains both his new sword (Devil Sword Dante) and his Sin DT.

WUT <3

Still Rebellion is and always was lackluster or is there a story behind this fusion?

Now Vergil needs to absotb Yamato and form his Devil Sword Vergil in DMC 6.

And really curious if Vergil and Dante will meet Mundus in hell in the future

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
WUT <3

Still Rebellion is and always was lackluster or is there a story behind this fusion?

Now Vergil needs to absotb Yamato and form his Devil Sword Vergil in DMC 6.

And really curious if Vergil and Dante will meet Mundus in hell in the future

Not really. Dante ponders what Rebellion can do since Yamato can split a person into two beings and then stabs himself with Rebellion to find out lol.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Rebellion has been slaying Demon Gods for years while Vergil was stewing in hell. Show some respect, god damn.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
That's exactly what it was.

qNDqWRq.jpg

He wanted to defeat Dante so badly that he believed severing his human half would give him the power to do so. Yes, DMC5 basically boils down to Dante and Vergil's constant pissing contest. It's really more of a Vergil game than anybody else to be honest.

lmao cool.

its nuts but i'm ok with Vergil secretly being the most immature person in the entire series.
I mean Dante & Vergil are essentially gods kicking around in a playground compared to the rest of us.

As much as people might want V back because of his playstyle or just character...feels like it'd be holding the series back too much to have that sort of thing. Shame, but alas. Ah man, I can't wait till Friday.