• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Also, appears this dude is posting some tracks from the full game

Gallery thene is dope

Full recap video

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It took them like 8 thousand dollars to develop a costume and then scan them. Most likely any actual different costume is going to be like a 5 dollar DLC.

Honestly they should have given us some plain clothes costumes like in RE2. Just pick up some clothes from the mall and scan them in!

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
1551588141341.jpg

The man is like some kind of Majin Blue Eyes White Dragon. I'm absolutely fine with this. I need to see some more detailed pics when they're available.

"Feeling accepting yet?"

"Of your existence? Or your strength?"

"Both, you fuckin' asshole"

We chuuni as fuuuuck and I love it :P

That dialogue is so delicious.

After watching that boss fight like 20+ times...

That boss fight is the highest production value anime fight in a video game yet. It's like a photo realistic anime fight, complete with Hueco Mundo backdrop, crazy transformations, mid fight shit talking, Johnny Young Bosch getting emotional, Vergil who is already anime incarnate and characters stabbing each other simultaneously.

This is peak anime in video game form. And before anyone comes up with those Ninja Storm games.. I am talking about a fight where you are actually controlling the characters actions and not inputting QTEs every 5 seconds.

As someone who likes Bleach fight scenes, this resonates very well with me. The teach really made this their passion project and it shows. The jump in quality from visuals, to gameplay, to story telling to character interactions all firmly place this entry in a different dimension in comparison to its predecdssors. That's how it should be though, each entry sets the bar for the series and genre going forward. I hope Bayonetta 3 and Lost Soul Aside are at least 3 quarters as good.

Nero's DT looks super cool.

1551633922093.jpg

(Only found this picture with the youtube name over it.. sadly)

That design came out real nice. Its just a slight redesign of his DT from 4 but it looks great still. It ranks right up there with Devil Kazuya and Devil Jin.

latest

devil_jin_true_form_original_cg_art_bv_by_blood_huntress_d4lu8yu-fullview.png

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of costumes, I find it odd that this games' DLC color costumes are for show. I understand Dante, Nero and V as we play as them, but why non-playable characters such as Lady, Nico and Trish (unless there is playable character DLC somewhere down the year)?

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has already been talked about (I'm scared of spoilers but need info) but has there been any more info on the co-op system? Is it only involuntary and campaign-based like Resident Evil 6 or will there be additional modes?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It took them like 8 thousand dollars to develop a costume and then scan them. Most likely any actual different costume is going to be like a 5 dollar DLC.

Honestly they should have given us some plain clothes costumes like in RE2. Just pick up some clothes from the mall and scan them in!
In hindsight this actually explains why Dante and Nero have much simpler character design in this game lol.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Argosax being as powerful as Mundus is news to me.

Seeing this vid we have confirmation that Mundus can return at any point again as he is just sealed... And both Vergil and Dante are in the demon world at the end.
So maybe they will meet again.

Ok we can bring up the question why he wasn't in DMC2 or even in this one... But still

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

you know it's going to be a uniqlo collab

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Man, in hindsight people are gonna either flip when they realize that the final boss is basically Vergil from DmC 2.0 or deny deny deny that the way he was in that game inspired multiple elements of the fight
-cinematic camera angles
-DT clone
-some of his animations

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man, in hindsight people are gonna either flip when they realize that the final boss is basically Vergil from DmC 2.0 or deny deny deny that the way he was in that game inspired multiple elements of the fight
-cinematic camera angles
-DT clone
-some of his animations

Having watched the fight, yeah, it definitely does seem like they're very deliberately calling back to that part of DmC with the way the fight goes. It's a better version of that fight (obviously) but the similarities are impossible to miss.

Even the arena looks vaguely similar, color scheme-wise.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Having watched the fight, yeah, it definitely does seem like they're very deliberately calling back to that part of DmC with the way the fight goes. It's a better version of that fight (obviously) but the similarities are impossible to miss.

Even the arena looks vaguely similar, color scheme-wise.
Now I wonder if the Dante version of the fight closely resembles the one in DMC3. Like if it too will have the cinematic camera angles and such.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Do they explain why or how Vergil has a kid? I'm sure Nero was an accident but I need to know what compelled Vergil to fuck a human.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
-cinematic camera angles
-DT clone
-some of his animations
Sure but the main difference between the DmC Vergil fight and this is that there are no game play interruptions, it's all 100% seamless.

I actually liked the Vergil boss fight in DmC, it's definitely the game's best fight but there were three main issues I had with it:

1) The constant cutscene interruptions which killed the flow/replayability of the fight.
2) The Pull ability made the fight easier than it should be, you could whiff punish Vergil from half a screen away. This does not seem to be the case in DMC5, Vergil can only be Snatched if he is stunned or reeling back.
3) 90% of the fight is very easy.. but the real challenge is in the last 10% where the difficulty cranks up insanely high. Compared to this DMC5 Vergil fight, which is easy in the first 25%, moderate until he is like around 1/3rd HP left and he becomes stronger, more aggressive. It's a more gradual spike in difficulty per phase.

The animations are generally taken from DMC4SE though... which were inspired from DmC Vergil (the playable version of him). The three main things that they have taken from DmC is the arena, Vergil having Doppelganger (tho it mechanically works differently here) and Nero cursing mid fight. Those cinematic exchanges are actually optional, they are just Buster animations.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah stuff like this is seen through out the game in boss fights or certain attacks or thresholds. Crazy slow mo when you parry Vergil's or Cavalliere Angelo's attack as well.

Oct 26, 2017
No idea how much you guys have seen (Not gonna risk reading any of the thread xD), but I should have the game tomorrow (bout 11am gmt), ill post an unlisted stream link in quotes if you guys wanna see stuff.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Itsuno himself oversaw DmC, I think it was mentioned he had weekly calls with Ninja Theory. I'm not sure why folks would be surprised elements of that game carried over to DMC5.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
You guys are giving too much credit to that turd of a game DmC. In turn they took most things from DMC3, the only cool thing they came up with was the doppelgänger.

Had go to youtube and watch that fight to actually remember I finished that game.

Deny camp all day long baby lol

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Sorry if this has already been talked about (I'm scared of spoilers but need info) but has there been any more info on the co-op system? Is it only involuntary and campaign-based like Resident Evil 6 or will there be additional modes?
The way it works is there are certain points where you can choose a character. The character that you don't choice becomes controlled by a someone jumping into your game/you joining there's It's completely involuntary unless you turn it off. It doesn't even really do anything for you other than add style points.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
-cinematic camera angles
-DT clone
-some of his animations
What's to flip out about? There's all of two seconds of slow-mo in DMC5's fight against the 54 seconds of cutscenes in DmC's version of the fight, and I don't think anyone objected to the idea of Vergil getting Doppleganger as a thing at the time. What people did object to was the unstated requirement that Dante's finishing blow HAD to be while he was in Devil Trigger, which was rightly removed from the Definitive Edition version of the fight.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Do they explain why or how Vergil has a kid? I'm sure Nero was an accident but I need to know what compelled Vergil to fuck a human.
It's implied in Vergil's DMC4:SE campaign. Vergil travelled to Fortuna to learn something about Sparda, while there a lady in red took an interest in him. Clearly Vergil was thinking "She wears red, like Dante! I must impregnate her!"

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any videos anywhere of the Vergil and Dante fight yet? Wierd that they'd record Nero and Vergil but not the reunion of the Sons of Sparda.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5VSmile.gif

I think I like Vergil more based on this gif than I did throughout DMC3. It's nice to see a look on his face that isn't generic brooding.