• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Universal Studios Orlando have been holding a press conference today, and they've officially announced the long-rumoured third gate (discounting Volcano Bay, because come on): Universal's Epic Universe.

universal-epic-universe-aerial-render-a.jpg

Here's a recap of the information we knew before the announcement. https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/th...announcement-thursday-rumored-to-be-new-park/

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I was really impressed with Universal Orlando when I went. Excited to check out Mario and hopefully another section of Harry Potter stuff (ministry themed? Azkaban? Tri-wizard tournament? Lots of fun ideas)

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's actually just an app for Oculus rift. That way they don't even have to build new screens.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The leaked logo and name was so much better. Curious to see how it works with it including hotels and shops. Will it have it's own CityWalk kind of area?

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
The Theme Park Wars are back!

But boy will it be even more expensive and time consuming to do a Disney/Universal trip.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you're expecting a lot of specific information today, I think you're going away disappointed.

I don't see Nintendo/Mario world in that concept art?
It's concept art for the overall format of the park (hotels, shopping, etc.) rather than specific details. I suspect they aren't going to set out any IP details today.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The theory is the hotel at the back is actually directly connected to the park, right? Seems like it would be kind of a pain. Either you're checking for tickets on the way into the hotel, or the experience isn't seamless and is just literally placed right there.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
If you're expecting a lot of specific information today, I think you're going away disappointed.
Then they shouldn't have hyped it up on social media with that post. The land is already being prepped for construction, at the very least they should share what themed areas they have planned.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
The theory is the hotel at the back is actually directly connected to the park, right? Seems like it would be kind of a pain. Either you're checking for tickets on the way into the hotel, or the experience isn't seamless and is just literally placed right there.

Hmm? There are already several hotels connected to parks that exist, such as at DCA, Tokyo DL, and Paris DL. They all have entrances outside of the park as well

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They definitely are hiding the IP and making them look generic in that art. The Mario and DK lands are immediately noticeable to the left.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Alright! Let's see what lands we get confirmed. We know Nintendo is a given and probably more Harry Potter.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Universal is my personal favorite theme park. I enjoy it much more than Disney but perhaps because I'm not a kid anymore.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Mario land (on the left) so colorless?
This art isn't going to be representative of the look of the specific lands, it's just the overall shape of the park- the details will likely look completely different.

If you know a bit about the rumoured themes, you can fill in some blanks (Nintendo at the bottom-left, Universal Monsters at the top-left, Ministry of Magic at top-right), but they're very deliberately not showcasing IP today (and probably won't for years to come).

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This art isn't going to be representative of the look of the specific lands, it's just the overall shape of the park- the details will likely look completely different.

If you know a bit about the rumoured themes, you can fill in some blanks (Nintendo at the bottom-left, Universal Monsters at the top-left, Ministry of Magic at top-right), but they're very deliberately not showcasing IP today (and probably won't for years to come).
Makes sense. Thank goodness the DK area from the leaked concept art is there. That area looked crazy.

FearMyWrench

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm not seeing how the bottom left land is Nintendo, am I fucking stupid lol

EDIT: I can kinda see the DK resemblance for the back half but the front half?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

I know this is just concept art, but this is a really weird image. The scale is completely off. Look at the size of the roads and then look at the size of the people. I'm pretty familiar with the piece of land that they're developing, and based on this concept art, it doesn't look like this is going to be a very large park. But then you look at the scale of the people relative to the park and it looks massive.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
My guess is the bottom right part is Dreamworks, mostly How To Train Your Dragon based on the more European looking fauna and it's kind got that Dueling Dragons vibe with the rollercoaster.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Alicia is a well-known insider from the theme park community. This is her pointing out where the rumored lands likely align to the concept art.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Where are they going to build the park?. Shit is already packed there.

Orlando is growing at an insane pace. The amount of construction going on is madness

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Lol. I'd rather go to Disney over Universal any day of the week. "Disney Magic" is marketing, but they do their best to drill that into their employees. It's also pretty evident in the theming of the parks and such. I was at a wedding at a Universal hotel last year and we did a day at the parks. There's so much... I don't know if the word is generic, but there's a feel to Universal that's lacking. I didn't notice it as a teenager who went all the time because I was there for rollercoasters and thats basically it. But now its much more noticeable, especially after leaving a ride that was just a screen.