• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017

According to a park guest, Universal's Volcano Bay water park was open only one hour on Sunday before a guest had already reported that something wasn't right.

According to a Universal report that a guest provided to the Orlando Sentinel, Wendy Lee, 43, said she felt electric currents moving down her legs as she stood in the lazy river Sunday morning. At 9:34 a.m. she complained to Universal workers of a metallic taste and a humming sound in her head.

The theme park opened for business at 9:00 a.m. and this complaint came only a little over a half hour into the park's hours of operations. Even still, the water park remained open for hours afterward, even as other visitors reported feeling similar shocks of electricity.

One park guest from Boston told the Sentinel that they felt like they were "zapped" when walking on the pavement at around 11:00 a.m.

Four employees were taken to the hospital later that afternoon when the Orlando Fire Department responded at 4:44 p.m.

The theme park's rides reportedly closed early on Sunday, before the park was shut down, according to some Universal employees.

T7KCRa0.jpg

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My wife and I were there that day.

As early as 11am they had the a section of the park closed off and the Aqua Coaster closed.

Around 4:30 we saw emergency vehicles pulling in an entrence.

By 5:30 they were closing everything and getting people out of the park.

Oct 27, 2017
Not exactly related, but what do they do when someone pukes in the water at a water park? Happened yesterday at my gym's pool, whole thing was closed for an hour at least.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly related, but what do they do when someone pukes in the water at a water park? Happened yesterday at my gym's pool, whole thing was closed for an hour at least.
My friend found a dead rat in a water park we went to as teens, in the river ride. He chucked it out by a lifeguard's chair and the lifeguard put a cone over it.
Water parks are generally just gross.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
My friend found a dead rat in a water park we went to as teens, in the river ride. He chucked it out by a lifeguard's chair and the lifeguard put a cone over it.
Water parks are generally just gross.
Not to much all the pee and poo particles. People do not wipe their asses very well, kids especially.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Superchlorinate/brominate.

Edit: Public and commercial pools or water features are required to have a sustained elevated level of sanitizer in the water at all times. The the flip side of that is that strong chlorine smell you catch at pools or parks. That's gas emitting from chloramines attached to/breaking down the bacteria in the water.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Should have immediately closed the park, considering electrical shock and water parks don't mix
Eh, unless the shock was very serious, like they needed actual medical attention you wouldn't do that. Otherwise anyone could just be like - 'welp I felt a shock um over there' and the whole park is closed. May as well not have a park if every prankster knows you'll close the whole thing down after 1 or 2 reports.

Nov 30, 2018
Eh, unless the shock was very serious, like they needed actual medical attention you wouldn't do that. Otherwise anyone could just be like - 'welp I felt a shock um over there' and the whole park is closed. May as well not have a park if every prankster knows you'll close the whole thing down after 1 or 2 reports.

I mean, can you name the times pranksters have done this?

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Being shocked while in the water I understand. But someone was shocked while walking on the pavement, too?

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I'm no friend of water parks in general.
Brain eating amoebe, electrocutions, sketchy water slides etc etc

The docu I saw about the "Action Park" (lol) in NJ feels like straight out of a Roger Corman movie.

15598876861560034.gif

15598878951560086.gif

Action_Park_looping_water_slide.jpg