• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I begrudgingly root for their success because of my idols in the hobby dev OT, but I am not fond of Unity as a company, with their sketchy royalty payout system. I'm very grateful at the ease of use of Unreal Engine nowadays, I don't know how comfortable I would be using Unity for my project

I've only lurked in the dev OT thus far

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I have a question, in the event the president who runs an engine company did something like this (or worse) and didn't lose their job, would people boycott the entire engine? Don't think I've ever seen that situation before.

If you've been working on a project for a year, what're you really going to do in this situation?

sorry if this is a DP

EDIT: yep sorry for the DP

EDIT2: I mean this to be illustrative, not to snark at you

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
If you've been working on a project for a year, what're you really going to do in this situation?

sorry if this is a DP

EDIT: yep sorry for the DP

EDIT2: I mean this to be illustrative, not to snark at you
Yeah, this. Whereas it might influence future games development, I'm not about to throw away a project I already have multiple years of work in.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I have a question, in the event the president who runs an engine company did something like this (or worse) and didn't lose their job, would people boycott the entire engine? Don't think I've ever seen that situation before.

For Current Project - No
But For New Project, It's Depend on How Much Developer care/attention on this news.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably not, at least in my case. As a hobbyist it's not worth the time to learn a completely new development environment when I like Unity and have spent a lot of time with it. I don't make enough from it to "have" to give them anything either.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This is a horrible statement from Unity. I'm lowkey kinda glad I've been talking shit about them for years.

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to comment on the he said, she said but that statement is absolutely the wrong move. The HR VP was going to report the CEO to whom exactly? It also doesn't matter when it was or wasn't reported. Fuck off with that.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
John Riccitiello...I haven't heard that name in a blissfully long time, and never in a positive light.

That statement from Unity is super scummy as well, attacking her credibility left and right while also unironically asking why she never previously reported.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Man that TechCrunch article is fucked up plus the internal email and that "statement" is full on smear mode.

Shinku_King

Nov 11, 2017
Mann soo much racist, homophobia, and sexual assaults recently, what is goin on with the world? It's really sad

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if you actually... cared about whether... or not you... would... get... banned i would imagine you would... message a moderator... asking them since that... would... get you an answer. since... you didn't... do... that... and now you're just acting all... pissy i assume that you just like having a... victim... complex

Ellipses overload

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
No I don't...it's just a bad situation since these things are very delicate and she also unfortunately sounds like a disgruntled employee because she did this after getting terminated...

If she did it while she was employed, she would have lost her job. What am I even reading?

Vaibhav

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
User banned (permanent): misogyny, dismissing sexual harassment
Men are at a serious disadvantage in this day and age in these situations. They say stuff and get in trouble.

If a women was higher up and wanted the same, she wouldn't say anything and still get what she wanted.

At this point, I would be surprised if this was not happening in corporates. I would consider it a rape if boss was totally out of league with victim and she had to suffer it.

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people taking sides? It's he said or she said. Till it's resolved, everyone is playing a guessing game.

Saying you going to boycott Unity is stupid too because John Richotello is just one person in that company. Are you going to boycott every company? Because let me tell you the horror story that every big company has some sort of scumbag working for them. If you going to boycott stuff on the basis of one person you not gonna have many games left to play that's including your favourites from rockstar and naughty dog. They both have or had scumbags work for them.

rein

Apr 16, 2018
Men are at a serious disadvantage in this day and age in these situations. They say stuff and get in trouble.

If a women was higher up and wanted the same, she wouldn't say anything and still get what she wanted.

At this point, I would be surprised if this was not happening in corporates. I would consider it a rape if boss was totally out of league with victim and she had to suffer it.

giphy.gif