• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
They still find ways to twist the narrative - they were scared that their stores were gonna be looted, etc. It's honestly pretty pathetic to see.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I remember when I was leading the Operation Rainfall campaign, there was two Youtubers that were completely against us. They would release daily videos about how stupid we were and how we only wanted to hurt Nintendo. Then Nintendo localized the game (xenoblade). Those same youtubers were sending us congratulation emails and thanking us. Fanboys continue to be fanboys.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
My favorite is "get woke, go broke". I'm going to enjoy the fucking meltdowns over TLOU 2 selling and reviewing gangbusters.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if giving attention to this account is bad (horrible person that has an agenda against almost everything), but this is how stupid these people are (Nintendo commented a few hours after the post)

I went on the website for fun and oh boy. The list has almost 300 companies. The best was even listing "Anonymous".

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
xDDjcGFZwGiwUySVTFvdlyIDUpM=.gif
Prefection

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Anyone whose reaction to BLM is "unfollowed" or any other type of objection, rebuttal, or qualification is a waste of space, and no one should be concerned what they think.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone whose reaction to BLM is "unfollowed" or any other type of objection, rebuttal, or qualification is a waste of space, and no one should be concerned what they think.
They always rely on the perspective that they represent the majority consumer base when trying to flex that unfollow sentiment

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
edit: I misunderstood why people were saying they wouldn't buy these systems

Ok fuck those people.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
If you feel the need to announce it on social media then you are a bitch and I don't believe you or you are a small enough minority that the brand/band/artist/whatever doesn't need to give a shit.

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if giving attention to this account is bad (horrible person that has an agenda against almost everything), but this is how stupid these people are (Nintendo commented a few hours after the post)

What is even more pathetic is that this person acts like this whole ordeal can be reduced to points for the "console wars". "Social unrest? who cares. I can spin this in favor of the company that makes the toys that I prefer"

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Was there any follow up from that chode after Nintendo's statement? Guess he's playing his Atari Jaguar now.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Why are those 2 companies singled out?
Havnt all the publishers pretty much shown some kind of support?

Also I'm sure companies really care about the 0.000000009% that don't buy their products lol they'll cave anyway, just empty threats.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Good, fuck those guys. The less toxic people playing games the better.

However, we all know these fucks are just blowing hot air. They will buy the next-gen consoles because what else are they going to do? Build their own?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Man you should see the Resident Evil BLM comments, so many racist snowflakes, just wish the social media manager had the courage to just reply and tell them to get fucked.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing these comments under BLM posts about the protests, under posts from companies, actors and posts from bands during this situation is making me angry and sometimes making me laugh.

Bands that I'm a fan of - like Thrice or Circa Survive, have made statements and pledged money to important non profit groups that support poc. These posts are peppered with comments from people claiming to be "disappointed" or "I liked you before you became SJWs".

Just last Christmas, Coheed and Cambria released the video for their song "Toys", and it was a very anti-Trump cartoon. Now, Trump is never mentioned directly in the lyrics of the song, so this video was eye-opening for many MAGA fucks that were fans of the band. They're all over the comments, acting all sad and disappointed because their favorite band would be so "divisive" and "politics shouldn't be in music".

I chuckled at the time because those fucks apparently missed that the previously released song "The Dark Sentencer" was much more obviously anti-Trump in its lyrics. Again, Trump isn't explicitly mentioned in that song either, but I always felt it was anti-Trump (although I used to question myself at times, like maybe I was just hearing what I wanted to hear).

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
As if they have the backbone to follow through on not playing with their toys.

Still I hope they mean it; the world needs less of these assholes and the less we hear of them the better.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao. "Never" is a long ass time, they will be the first in line to buy the lastest and greatest PS/Nintendo game. These people have a big mouth, but don't have the ability to boycot shit.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The ones that actually boycott them are nothing of value lost

And the rest don't have the conviction to actually boycott

So you're right, it is funny

The Dexit Controversy really put that into perspective. Regardless of how you feel GameFreak dealt with the national dex in SwSh, that protest proved to be nothing but hot air.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Lol, they will be back. Gamers are probably the least proactive community out there. They talk the talk, but the sales NEVER actually reflect that.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Saw lots of posts like that for lego on their announcement x donation x pulling of police sets
Lol I always laugh when people boycott stuff, they usually come back

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
these people can die alone with like one game on an atari lynx or something

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I reported so many replies to Idea Factory International, PQube, Crunchyroll, Square Enix, and Pokemon's tweets during the first day or so that companies were making statements. Just report, block, and move on since these people are not interested in a discussion.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind having less shitstains playing the few online games I'm playing.
Too bad the crushing majority of those people are simply trolls who don't care about anything but themselves and will still buy the new consoles and games from publishers and devs that spoke up.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I could only DREAM those guys would keep to their word and actually skip out on buying consoles/games, they're def the very same clowns who act stupid as shit online. By all means please boycott!!!!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Dude in my marvel strikeforce guild quit because the company spoke out and donated to BLM. Imagine being so small and petty

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Its easy for people like that to talk shit with their mouth, especially cause the fucking internet, but when it comes down to it they'll be speaking volumes with their money. Though it would be great if they back up the big talk and fuck off completely from a hobby that I enjoy and a hobby that I don't want any more shithead toxic people to in and around.