• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I am sitting here just watching random recommended videos on YouTube and the latest AVGN video titled "Contra How I Remember It" came up so I started watching it. I haven't watched much from that channel in a while, but I love me some Contra so I hit play. So I'm watching it, then all of a sudden before I even realize what is happening my eyes are watering up and tears are coming out. Not from laughing, but from the video taking a turn at the end. It totally caught me off guard, totally caught me off guard.

www.youtube.com

Contra How I Remember It - Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN)

Go to https://expressvpn.com/cinemassacre and find out how you can get 3 months of ExpressVPN free!This is episode 202 of the Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN) an...

I searched for something here on that video, couldn't find anything, so decided just to toss this question out there in general. What unexpected things have caught you off guard in a similar way?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Mary Poppins Returns hit me hard and I didn't and don't quite understand why. The original was in my rotation as a kid, but it wasn't my favorite and I can't recall the last time I watched it as an adult. Somehow the sequel just kind of hit the exact right note and it genuinely felt like getting punched in the nostalgia feels. None of the other remakes/sequels of pretty much anything hit the same way with the same ferocity. I legitimately felt like a kid again for a brief moment.

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For me, it's the chorus of In The Garage by Weezer. I think I just can really relate to the idea of feeling like a weirdo and having a "safe space" where no one can hear you make music, plus Rivers delivery is quite emotional here. Man, early Weezer was something else...

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
We recently signed up for Peacock so that I could watch Top Chef Houston. I moved to California 5 years ago and am still incredibly homesick. I realized I was incredibly homesick as soon as the show started the intro panning of the city. Before I knew it I was crying big ole tears and kept it up through the end of the episode. They even go to the Asian market on the side of town my mom still lives on. It jst destroyed me for days.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty brought me to tears. I think I felt for the main character who was stuck in a job that wasn't getting much recognition.
I left my job of 7 years a few months later and went travelling.

It's also a beautifully shot movie.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
When I first saw this scene in theaters

E-44K-0XMA4MySp.jpg:large

I cried for the next 15 minutes.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Elton John's Empty Garden. It's the only song that makes me cry and I don't just get tears, I start bawling. It just hit me out of nowhere listening to it once and it happens every time now. Whenever I listen to it I'm flooded with memories of someone I lost when I was younger.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I listened to The Used - The Taste of Ink on YouTube and i started crying a few weeks ago. It had been maybe 10 years since ive heard it and it !immediately brought me back to high school with all my friends.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Heartstopper. I had read the web comic and it never made me cry but the show opened a dam in me xD

Serial Experiments Lain back in the day shook me. Cried for an hour after the final episode.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I haven't owned a dog for about 3 years now. My friend sometimes asks me to dogsit his Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for him for a few nights every few months and I do get a bit teary after I have to return him.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
My auntie passed away earlier this year, and I have been dealing with it in up and down waves. She really pushed me to complete my degree and was the absolute happiest for me when I met my wife, we moved in together, had our son, etc. Covid kept us at a distance quite a bit, because she was also in kidney failure and had a severely weakened immune system.

I played the newest Pac-Man collection on Xbox Gamepass...and immediately had as close to a breakdown as I've had in nearly a decade. When I was a kid, we all would crowd around the Turbografx-16 and play Pac-Land. I mean, it was nearly all the grandkids, my grandmother, my older cousins, and my auntie. She did not have any kids of her own, we all basically were her surrogate sons and daughters...I heard the music at the beginning of the level and openly wept. I could hear her voice and laugh again. Happiest and saddest cry I've had in a long time.

Lukenukem716

May 20, 2022
I don't normally cry too often in movies, but I have this thing where if a character sees a dead relative in a dream or by magic, it hits me so hard. So come to my surprise me crying my eyes out in the end sequence of Deadpool 2. It also helped that the beautiful acoustic version of Take On Me was playing. Still embarrassed to tell people deadpool 2 made me cry.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Everything Everywhere All At Once. I'm an easy crier but I didn't realize how poignant of a story it was going to tell. Especially about a difficult and fractured child-parent relationship. Through all the insanity of that movie, I was bawling at the end.

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
Everything Everywhere All At Once. I'm an easy crier but I didn't realize how poignant of a story it was going to tell. Especially about a difficult and fractured child-parent relationship. Through all the insanity of that movie, I was bawling at the end.

Came to say this. Wasn't expecting the Swiss Army Man guys to have me in tears but here we are.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Vikings Spoilers

Finehairs death.

I spent entire seasons waiting for that bastards death and when it finally came it actually made my eyes water a bit. Him being greeted by his brother and them singing while he dies was unexpectedly emotional.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Recently, I watched an episode of The Last Drive In with Joe Bob Briggs who had the entire studio celebrate the contribution of Clint Howard to the horror industry by serenading him with a song they created for him. He was so moved that he started tearing up, which got me going too.

But I still say that I never expected to walk out of a Guardians of the Galaxy movie with tears in my eyes. I was about to be a dad, and that GOTG 2 ending just wrecked me out of nowhere.

I was going through a rough time in my life when I started playing Saints Row 4. By the last two levels featuring some cameos from my childhood, I was laughing so hard that I started crying because I guess I just needed the release.

AvianAviator

â–² Legend â–²
Jun 23, 2021
The Bed Song by Amanda Palmer.
youtu.be

Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra - The Bed Song

"The Bed Song": from Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra's album, 'Theatre Is Evil,' get the track FOR FREE / NAME YOUR PRICE at AmandaPalmer.net: http...
It made me absolutely bawl the first time I heard it, and I have NEVER cried at a song before.

Can't stop tears from welling up whenever I listen to it now.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Finale episodes of series can get me to tear up pretty easy, though I guess that's not that unexpected.

Dec 30, 2020
In Wakko's Big Wish there's a scene near the end where Buttons' owner thanks him for protecting Mindy and just gives him a huge plate of steaks to eat and that just made me burst into tears.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The ending of 2006 French thriller Tell No One. It's an all around excellent film, but man, the first time I saw it I did not expect the ending to kick me in the gut as hard as it did.

mrndkra

Oct 25, 2017
Dave, season 2 finale at the end with GATA and Dave's performance. Knowing that he did that for his friend and reflecting that I don't have anyone like that in my life....it hit me like an absolute truck and still does every time I watch it.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
If you haven't checked out toonrifictariq mans has great cartoon retrospectives but his Fat Albert movie review came to straight for my jugular

Highly reccomend but God the ending

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
These two:
p_bridgetoterabithia_19754_77904a58.jpeg
MV5BMTkwOTQ4OTg0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzQyOTM0OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I remember being bored while watching Bridge to Terabithia, but I certainly didn't expect that I'd be crying before the movie was over.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Leaving on a jet plane.. the original or cover from Armageddon, doesn't matter. Get glassy eyed just thinking of the song.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Togo (the Disney+ movie about the sled dog) - I'm not usually one to cry but the ending sequence had me fighting back tears as hard as I have in years.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I cried a lot when I played Undertale the first time. Like, a lot a lot. But I did not expect (Undertale spoilers obvs) that just thinking about someone playing the Genocide route and killing Tsunderplane would make me start sobbing..

Oct 27, 2017
Connected in Tetris Effect. Makes me cry and think of my daughter every time, why TF did they have to go so hard on the music in a Tetris game lol

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This level in Elite Beat Agents.

lucy-stevens.png

If you know, you know. It's such a tonal whiplash from the rest of the game leading up to that point that it feels like you got sucker punched in the stomach.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Somehow, this one, very brief scene showing a character's dying pet birds near the end of The Hourglass Sanatorium (Sanatorium pod klepsydrą) is the saddest fucking thing in the world to watch when you're stoned af on edibles. 😢