• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm somewhat self conscious about my appearance. When I wear my baseball cap, sunglasses, and mask I feel damn near anonymous lol.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Disgusting-Coordinated-Aurochs-size-restricted.gif

Harder for people to see when I jizz in my pants

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
It creates a nice social barrier between you and other people. I love it. Now I get why so many japanese people wore them even when they weren't sick.

Oct 27, 2017
My nose is very stopped up at certain times of the year due to alergies. I always felt very self conscious about breathing through my mouth. I know it makes me look like a dork, but it's very hard to breath through my nose at times. Now I don't have to worry.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
I have been wearing a mask most of the weekday for the past ten years. I love them. So many advantages.
Mitigates my bad breath.
Don't have to fake a smile.
Vice versa, can grin while listening to a podcast on the bus without looking like a murderer.
Has a general connotation here of "leave me alone" anyway.
I have a stuffy nose but I feel self conscious mouth breathing when walking up a hill or something because I am out of shape. With the mask nobody can see that.
Similarly, yawning openly

This is all outside of health concerns for others and myself. It would be easier to list downsides because I can only think of one, they can be uncomfortable/hot depending on the brand. Also, now that everyone has to wear one, I find it hard to remember the names of new people and I think it is partially because I don't really know what they look like. Apart from that, yay masks!

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
This is the main win for me.
Plus I can hide my gaijinness a bit making me stand out slightly less.

Also less concern about annoying people with my coffee or smoke breath.
Nice avatar satan lol
On topic: i have a tattoo on my lip, most people like it, but at my job i deal with vip boomers who used to get instantly offended by it. Not happening anymore with my mask on haha!
Also I have a goofy smile that comes out pretty quickly, now I don't have to worry about smiling haha!

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
People don't have to look at my resting bitch face and now take me at my word and not my expression.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Literally nothing, like I am definitely not against it, it's super important and makes me and others safer, but I have no benefit from it beyond that.
Instead I have to deal with people who DON'T KNOW HOW TO WEAR A MASK it makes my blood boil, and I have enough goddamn stress as it is, the addition of randos being the stupidest motherfuckers on the face of the earth does not help.

Also it can make my face itch a ton, and it's awful for someone like me who has frequent allergies.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can I uhhh get a link?

I don't have to smile, and it covers cold sores.

Character Fitted Embroidered Face Mask Washable Reusable | Etsy

Weve been working hard to make the most comfortable mask, and I honestly think weve found it. This mask has a very soft moisture wicking fabric on the inside and is fitted around the nose and the chin preventing that all so familiar nose squish weve all experienced. This mask is easy to wear all day

Be prepared for a wait, took a month for it to get delivered to me.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's improved my cardio a lot, especially running with one.

I can now walk around with my mouth open like a doofus all day without anyone knowing.

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't had a cold in like a year.

That's never happened, I'd always get sick around the same time in spring/autumn. Like clockwork. Not this year

And when it's cold outside a mask can be quite nice actually

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I can listen to Conan O'Brian's podcast on the bus without looking like a crazy person trying to hold back laughter.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Uhh... I guess better knowing when my breath is bad. Other than that it's a nuisance and makes my beard sit a funny way.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a cold all year.
THISSS
I used to get a cold minimum 3 times a year, and I HATE it so much. So happy I didn't have to deal with it this year. Well, at least, you know, as much as one can considering the state of the world, but hey! No more colds!

Honestly I haven't found a downside to wearing a face mask, would love it if we kept wearing them after this pandemic.

What the hell is wrong with people thinking they are entitled to tell you this.
It's the weirdest thing that I can't fathom why or how it's still a thing, but people do it anyway.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I run in a maks, which rely sucks. The other day I got to the beach early and no one was around so I ran maskless and realized how much running with a mask has enhanced my cardio

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I was tripping on acid and I didn't have to be paranoid that everyone knew I was laughing

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Mask + Glasses + Hoodie: I can completely opt out of all unwanted social contact. Don't even need to do the frustrated face + headphones combo. I'm a veiled, anonymous entity, just coexisting with other people who happen to share the same supermarket. Non-interactable. No words are exchanged. It's so good.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I can snarl at other dogs I do not like without getting into fights in the park.