• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
  • When I'm at the grocery store and see some one I know but don't want to talk to I simply just don't make eye contact with them. Since my face is covered I'm able to avoid any kind of conversation (and guilt for avoiding said conversation!)
  • My mask keeps my face warm in the wind.
  • After eating Korean BBQ for lunch my mask smells like Korean BBQ for the rest of the day
  • Sometimes I look like a Ninja
  • I don't have to shave as much
  • Less fart smell in elevators

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think taking back ownership of our own faces (re: privacy) in public spaces is low-key really important, especially normalizing the behavior in a world that mostly sees anonymity as something criminals or rioters are using, and not ordinary people.

Last edited:

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
No more having to force a smile when I was working at the Liquor Store. Back when I was working I mean.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
- look like a dollar store ninja
- feel less ugly when I feel ugly.

and yeah, wearing it walking to my car really helps with the cold.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the fashion part of it. Just bought this mask and I love it.
il_794xN.2542244745_5f4l.jpg

I don't have to worry about smiling
Doesn't help me, people always seem to know when I'm not smiling. I guess I have expressive eyes.

Oct 25, 2017
I can make stupid faces constantly in public and nobody knows
big dumb goofy grins at total strangers that go on too long and the like
i mouth words to myself much more often too because nobody can see it
if you piss me off at work you better believe there's some shit going on under that mask

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a goddamn superhero trying to set a good example for my family & my community.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I can mouth "Fuck you" directly to people's faces without them knowing.

Oh and it is warmer when cold out.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Less shaving (working from home and wearing a hat all day has eradicated the need for grooming mind)

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Face warmer, haven't been sick in months from colds or flus I usually get like clockwork every season, hides bad breath from others when I eat something that causes it and I don't have to smell other people's bad breath, the smell of the city is blocked out, protection from smoke from the various California fires...

I definitely plan on wearing masks post-COVID just for the cold/flu reason alone.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
I hoped it would block people's bad breath, but one dude talked to me the other day and I could still smell his breath even though we were both wearing masks.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Pro: Keeps my lips moisturized.
Con: I believe I am unintentionally clenching my jaw more often for fear of making the mask move down my face. Anyone else doing the jaw thing without thinking about it?

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
It really blocks cold wind out. Real nice for dog walks or all the time I spend walking to/from my car for work.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
My sister made me a custom mask with a big biohazard symbol on the side. The first time I wore it grocery shopping, a maskless asshole took one glance at me, uttered an audible "Jesus!" before giving me all the room he could.

Not sure that's an unexpected positive seeing as that was the intended reaction but it sure was enjoyable.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
I went to the doctors for a regular check up. Came out, removed my mask and checked the mirror. Had a massive nose hair poking out. Thank you mask. Thank you.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Not for me specifically, but I hope to god that restaurant staff maintain the mask and gloves protocol after the pandemic is over. Should be like that all the time imo, kinda crazy that it wasn't looking back

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I was at a meeting the other day and someone said "you gotta dot your i's and cross your t's" and i thought "if you didn't do that and spelled the word tit, it would look like lll" and the mask hid my stupid, stupid grin from everyone.

Nov 27, 2019
I get complimented on my choice of facemasks/gaiter pretty regularly.

I have an easier time passing if I go full en femme, provided I don't open my mouth and talk. Only problem is I don't have a reason or place to go en femme :/

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
+ face warm when working in fridge/freezer, and outside now that weather is colder
+ less allergens
+ less seasonal flu and cold like illnesses
+ covers my acne breakouts
+ covers my sneezes so I don't have to do it into my elbow/jacket
+ covers food odours from breath
+ overall good for prevention of illness

- fogs up my glasses if not positioned right
- can get moist, especially from condensation if temperatures are cold, which makes mask gross
- does give me breathability/gag/nausea issues at rare times since I am pregnant and am "sensitive" lol