• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
This is in a Kirby game:

2uDISOd.png

Granted it's not exactly easy to notice without looking at the full level layout

Still dunno how it slipped by, honestly
Remember when Zelda had the swatsticka as a dungeon layout?

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Pretty much all the sheltered kids I grew up with or am related to grew up to be weird or super sensitive and have had problems interacting with other adults once they went to college or joined the workforce. I can think of about 10 individuals I know that were sheltered. A couple didn't, but once they were 16 or so they went nuts and did any drug available, drank, and slept around. Purely anecdotal of course, but that's what I've observed as well.

My mother was super protective of my brother and I but thankfully her and dad still let us consume most whatever media from a young age so I guess it balanced out.

There is a ton of middle ground between being "sheltered" and allowing a 5 year old to watch Mortal Kombat or other M rated games. I have a 6 year old and don't play M rated games or watch R rated movies when he is in the room. If that is "sheltering" him, then so be it.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt the first second of Nino Kuni 2 nuking the united states and killing the president?

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
The Babs sub-story in Dragon Quest Builders 2 is an odd inclusion for an E10+ game. (And just inappropriate in general.)

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Weird sexual assault of Carmelita during the end of Sly 4 by the villian, really no goddamn clue what the devs were thinking in most of the decisions made when making the game but that one takes the cake

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Weird sexual assault of Carmelita during the end of Sly 4 by the villian, really no goddamn clue what the devs were thinking in most of the decisions made when making the game but that one takes the cake
Man, Thieves in Time is just so tonally out of touch with the franchise in so many ways. I completely forgot about that part but yeah, that sucked too. Sanzaru is a D- tier company.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Of anything, you made it weird OP by your reaction.

My nephew is 5 and watching stranger things and playing Mortal Kombat 11 and is fine. He's chatty and comfortable with adults and can hold conversations

I've other Nephews who are much older 12 and 14 and are restricted to fortnite and the like and honestly they are the ones who are touchy about things. Because it was overly hyped and restricted all their life.

I wonder how much your kids had even noticed.

Letting a 5 year old watch Stranger Things and play Mortal Kombat is just bad parenting. Also why would anyone think that a 5 year old would even understand a show like Stranger Things. Lol acting like it's fine because he is ok is some stupid logic. First of all stuff like that might affect him later and also you don't know that he is going to be fine. So you risk his well being for entertainment.

Some people should not have kids, you included. Insane to actually think that it's ok to let a 5 year old watch Stranger Things and play Mortal Kombat.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Letting a 5 year old watch Stranger Things and play Mortal Kombat is just bad parenting. Also why would anyone think that a 5 year old would even understand a show like Stranger Things. Lol acting like it's fine because he is ok is some stupid logic. First of all stuff like that might affect him later and also you don't know that he is going to be fine. So you risk his well being for entertainment.

Some people should not have kids, you included. Insane to actually think that it's ok to let a 5 year old watch Stranger Things and play Mortal Kombat.

I don't have kids thanks, a nephew is when your brother or sister has a child. I am an Uncle, not a Father.

Complex, I know.

Frankly you sound the type to not have children because you'll riddle them with neuroses.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I don't have kids thanks, a nephew is when your brother or sister has a child. I am an Uncle, not a Father.

Complex, I know.

Frankly you sound the type to not have children because you'll riddle them with neurosies.

I never said you had kids. I said you should never have them. You clearly have no idea what good parenting is.

But frankly you sound like a miserable person. I feel sorry for you.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
91x5Or86eXL._SL1500_.jpg

TLDR: A Devteam went wild when WB Games asked for their WiiU Shovelware party game to include a Story mode and they signed off on it.

The whole tweet thread is here:

😂🤣 I'm so glad i read that thread!

Complex, I know.

Frankly you sound the type to not have children because you'll riddle them with neuroses.
I never said you had kids. I said you should never have them. You clearly have no idea what good parenting is.

But frankly you sound like a miserable person. I feel sorry for you.
🍿 oh boy 👀

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
That second video with the Knack sequence isn't inappropriate in the slightest. You're right OP, all parents have different standards, and I'll be honest here and say that I don't really shelter my daughter from violence, but what was inappropriate about the second video? Noone seemed to get hurt, one side ran into the forest while the humans just remain on that wall they were on. Was it the mere fact that a weapon was shown being fired? Seems a bit.....overboard for me, in terms of considering that inappropriate, but that's just my opinion.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't think that's at all inappropriate, but the Twitter story is pretty great, so thanks for sharing.
Yeah, inappropriate was a stretch but I guess stealth theming your shovelware minigame collection to be about a pretty real thing that could upset kids/parents who bought it for them kinda fits.

In reality I just wanted to share the thread because it's so bonkers :P

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017

Complex, I know.

I see we've reached the part of the thread where some dipshit who doesn't have kids starts yelling about how they "should never be parents."

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Yeah, inappropriate was a stretch but I guess stealth theming your shovelware minigame collection to be about a pretty real thing that could upset kids/parents who bought it for them kinda fits.

In reality I just wanted to share the thread because it's so bonkers :P
You did good, best one so far.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there that Dog game where the villain is making food out of Dogs and then the game ends with the human falling in and being cut up and served as food? It was pretty much a kids game up until that point. They played it at a GDQ event.

Found it lol.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I purchased Ni No Kuni II since it looked really child friendly and I had played the first game quit a bit. Therefore I was familiar with the game world and I assumed that also this game is child friendly enough so I can play it with my daughters (7 and 4).

But then this scene happened after 30min of play time:

(Time stamp: 2:10)

There had been a scene with a gun before that made me uncomfortable playing this in front of the girls but when suddenly the same character shoots a monster in the head including a blood effect, I turned off the game immediately.

I am not sure if I dare to play this game again since I do not know if more inappropriate scenes such as this may come (as the character still has his pistol). Would love to know this as a side question...

One of these days I want to see a game have a one shot weapon that shoots "cutscene bullets."

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
The Babs sub-story in Dragon Quest Builders 2 is an odd inclusion for an E10+ game. (And just inappropriate in general.)
Well... the very next chapter has you burying corpses multiple times.

DQB2's tone jumps all over the place sometimes
Yeah, the Babs thing is probably the most tame thing in the game compared to what comes later.

I mean you have to rescue your friend in a very bleak hellscape with "sanguine cinders" while swimming through "plasma" to pluck old eye balls

I mean I thought Moonbrooke and Skullkatraz were pretty dour but I wasn't expecting Malhalla. That's a real, "You know... FOR KIDS" moment of I ever saw one. How they got away with fooling the ESRB with an E10+ rating is beyond me.

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
I dunno about T rated games. I think they should be expected to have that extra bit of spice to them. Hence why Ratchet & Clank on PS2 for example should not be unexpected.

Ratchet & Clank on PS4 was E Rated and the lack of such off color material was notable.

The old rating of K-A definitely was pretty vague, though. It was like the old PG rating before 13. I mean, Crash Bandicoot was K-A before the E and T ratings were established and they ceratainly weren't without inappropriate material. It probably would have been T if released later.

Last edited: