• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the matrix.. oh wait it's KATE BECKINSALE oh shit!!!

Or that scene where Kurt Kobain falls out a window and punches a cop.

What are your fav Underworld (2003) or other guilty pleasure movies?

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
I like all of them. 2nd is just as fun and I even enjoyed the others, though the last is the weakest, sadly.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy that the style is shamelessly lifted from the Matrix, but the action set pieces are taken from Albert Pyun movies.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
i really need to watch these. im all about that era of campy 90s/2000s vampire movies and tv. buffy, angel and blade are all some of my favorites so im sure this would be right up my alley

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
Bill Nighy hamming it up as Viktor made this an instant classic for me.

Like someone else mentioned, this movie also captured that early 2000's aesthetic perfectly.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Which one was it that didn't pay to have the dude that looks like Scott Sapp come back and didn't even try to find a lookalike?

Was that 4? That made me laugh so hard.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Almost everything feels like something cobbled together from something else - the Matrixy things, the combat styles, the World of Darkness flavor - so much pastiche and it results in what is definitely a fun, easily watchable movie. I rewatched it not along ago and it's still entertaining.

jenya

Oct 27, 2017
I never understood the concept of guilty pleasures, how are you guilty of anything?

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
I love Bill Nighy in these movies. I really like these movies.

jenya

Oct 27, 2017
How does loving trash make you guilty though and Oscars are meaningless anyway.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I like them too, I think I'll watch the fifth tonight. Nobody looks as good in leather as Kate Beckinsale.

Jimi D

Oct 27, 2017
Ya, I need a dose of Underworld and Sommers' The Mummy biannually; as a '60s Monster Kid these movies are just too much fun!

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I enjoyed the first one a whole lot back in the day. Kate Beckinsale in a black leather skin-tight outfit - sweet baby jesus. Don't recall if I saw any of the others. Still have the DVD in a box somewhere.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Much like with Rambo, the first one would probably be held in higher regard if the sequels didn't happen.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish that movie had been directed by John Woo. It would have been glorious.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
What I always find amazing in these movies is how they can't shoot straight.

You are like a fucking vampire that can run faster than a car and catch a fly with your tongue, but bad guy is 30 feet from you and you can hit him with a semi automatic gun that shoots 10 bullets per second.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
MagnificentWelcomeIridescentshark-size_restricted.gif

Underworld 1 had so much style it dripped off the screen. You can feel it's gothic post Matrix/WoD influence.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The entire franchise has a great mood and they're fun too watch. Not enough movies do the sci-fi vampires thing. Yeah it's campy and trashy at times but they're very enjoyable. Resident Evil movies get a lot more hype but I feel they go for a similar thing and Underworld pulls it off a lot better.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bundle these in with the Blade movies. Guilty pleasures I enjoy watching and if they are on I'll usually watch them.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
16 years late. Watched it on Netflix. Yeah I can totally see what people meant when it looks like it was shot on leftover sets from the Matrix