• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Update not live on iOS yet? Wanted to play a few rounds of knockout on iPad but there is no update so far.

Also still can't believe they didn't add any more cosmetics to the Protopass so far.
yeah, I still have no idea how volvo gong to make moneys

Update makes it sound like they're somewhat close to season 1 if they're implementing tutorial stuff and on boarding new players.
woo hoo dedicated tutorial mod

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played much lately because I didn't like the underlords mechanic at all. Knock out is great though, love it!

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Ok Knockout is amazing.

Even having a shit start can turn around after a few rerolls.

Last edited:

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
How is that Knockout mode? That sounds like something I wanted out of a turbo mode for Underolrds.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped the game after a while because of match length but a knockout mode... I might get back in for this.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
How is that Knockout mode? That sounds like something I wanted out of a turbo mode for Underolrds.
It's chaos. Forcing some roles may or may not work. Positioning kinda matters. Economy is an effective non-factor, as interest no longer counts and gold isn't used to level up. Underlords are pretty ineffectual, since you only choose their ultimate.

It's a lot of fun

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I just need ranked Knockout now. I thought having no real management aspect to it would make it tire out quickly, but the games are so short and you can change so much on the fly the mode is just addicting as hell.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
My knockout modes games swing from "can I get at least one level 2? I am about to be knocked out!" to "Get knocked out by my full party of three star units, loser!"

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I'm just overvaluing it, but Terrorblade seems like more insane in Knockout. Get him to 3 star and give him a good item and everything just melts. Didn't he get nerfed a while ago?

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Since the beginning I was skeptical of a turbo mode, but knockout is just about the right length I was looking for

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Knockout mode has really revitalized my interest in the game. I love the sudden shift between being weak to having a dominant team, compared to the usually slower shift in normal games.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Have they said when the proto pass is ending? I'm just getting into this and am at level 6.

Knockout was far too overwhelming to start, but I feel like I'm starting to piece things together playing against bots. The knockout pace and game length is perfect.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they said when the proto pass is ending? I'm just getting into this and am at level 6.

Knockout was far too overwhelming to start, but I feel like I'm starting to piece things together playing against bots. The knockout pace and game length is perfect.
I dun think it is going away.

It's been like this for a while - do daily quest get free cosmetics.

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
I have 200 hours in this game and just realized you can hover over the stats bars to see the specific contributors to each

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The new modes UI when you hit Play is good. The previous design was too messy and made it easier to miss different options.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XHSWc4i.jpg

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I went back to regular play....I think it was a mistake doing knockout cause now the regular game seems impossible to go back to.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really surprised how quickly I've cooled down from the game. A new alliance and another Inventor (and Weaver being Scrappy) reminds me of what I like most about the game (juggling alliances, bridging from one team to the other depending on what's in the shop), but then I see the underlords still being a major focus of the board and I'm just "nah, I'm good".
This is me, only that after two rounds with the underlords I was already at that point lol.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how much better the game would be if they just ctrl + x'd all the underlord code.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy that Knockout basically lets me ignore them completely. I just wish they weren't a part of the play field. Make them the overlord on the sidelines that changed up the play somehow.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit unfair, because we all hate the Underlord system before having seen it fully formed (with the other two underlords), but... yeah.
I understand why they don't want to scrap the idea entirely just yet. But a separate mode like Knockout would have been ideal to test the game with a much reduced Underlord interference.
They either added these two too early or too late.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit unfair, because we all hate the Underlord system before having seen it fully formed (with the other two underlords), but... yeah.
I understand why they don't want to scrap the idea entirely just yet. But a separate mode like Knockout would have been ideal to test the game with a much reduced Underlord interference.
They either added these two too early or too late.
I swore I heard a rumour that there was something like 10 Underlords

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Crazy how much better the game would be if they just ctrl + x'd all the underlord code.
It was cool at first but I can't help but agree. The heroes. The alliances, items all feel at a pretty good spot and yet the game feels like it's got something holding it back. Underlords may be the culprit but let's see what the other couple of Underlords look like before anything

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone suggesting changes to Knockout to make it more strategic (and a little longer) to have it eventually be the standard mode, while the longer standard mode becomes an alternative. Thought it was pretty interesting

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone suggesting changes to Knockout to make it more strategic (and a little longer) to have it eventually be the standard mode, while the longer standard mode becomes an alternative. Thought it was pretty interesting

Link to that? I find the regular mode far too time consuming (tough to commit to it with any distractions at all IRL), and the knockout mode to be nearly perfect. Adding a few more minutes to knockout wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm finding knockout much easier to learn about the characters and alliances as well.

I've been clearing all of the challenges and working my way through the proto pass purely by playing knockout mode.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the way to make Knockout more strategic would not be to make it more like general play, but to add something in place of all the strategy taken out. Add some kind of incremental choices that take the place of economy level management.

I don't entirely know what it could be but I feel like it more just needs something else to take the place of choices. I had thoughts of something like incentives to decide between choosing alliances early on or getting some kind of stat increase if you have less synergies or only the alliances you start with. Or be able to put your gold in to something other than just rolls.

Probably a dumb idea but what if they did something like restrict the board down to a 3x3 box at the start of a match and either you gain a spot each level or you can put gold in to it. It probably doesn't matter all that much, but I was just thinking of what gold could be put in to besides levels.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Link to that? I find the regular mode far too time consuming (tough to commit to it with any distractions at all IRL), and the knockout mode to be nearly perfect. Adding a few more minutes to knockout wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm finding knockout much easier to learn about the characters and alliances as well.

I've been clearing all of the challenges and working my way through the proto pass purely by playing knockout mode.

Summary:
- Make 3-star heroes harder to get, 6 copies either through 3+3 or 2+2+2
- Make leveling cost gold again
- More health, 7-8

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh wow, I dropped out by October because like all multiplayer games I get bored of the gameplay loop, but holy shit at all the additions. Its like a completely new game and I cannot wait to discover all the new heroes. The spirit alliance especially feels like my jam.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Not a huge fan of Knockout mode right now, I actually find it way too fast.
Feel like it's pretty much impossible to make a come back if the RNG gods aren't your side. More health + making it harder to get 3 stars would be a good start.
Regular mode is more fun to me right now.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Chess Rush is Auto Chess at its most basic, and sometimes that's a good thing, this knockout mode is so alienating. However Chess Russ is lik Arena of Valor, feels like its gonna take AGES to get something good going.

Status
Not open for further replies.