• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Only played two bot games with the new update, creeps are crazy hard for real. Still, with a six warrior, two scaled group I managed to get everything down. I like that the creeps are now harder, though I guess they could be toned down a notch.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 stars Venomancer + Crystal Maiden is the new Arc Warden+CM, except it's easier to setup since Venomancer is rarity 1.
I didn't get any of the items for his alliances or summons, only got the grade 1 of the Warlock alliance, and the game was mediocre... until I found the last Venomancer I needed to 3*.
And then I stopped losing for 10 matches straight, including neutrals, and won.

I like that new emphasis on 3* units. I don't think I've gone close to 50 coins in any of the 4 matches I've done.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
This game is SO much different than when I last played it like ~2 weeks ago. Looking forward to digging in a bit this weekend and finding hot new strats.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So uh, I didn't equip the protopass goodies when the game offered me them but they aren't in the loadout menus now. Did I fuck myself out of this beta bling or is it just a glitch?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I finally won my first game. Things were looking dicey because there was one guy that no-one could beat with 1hp but a last minute level 10 and putting both Gyro and Enigma on helped win the last round.

20190720001029_1.jpg

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
First game of the new patch and I win.

Lvl 3 Veno backed by Crystal Maiden is fucking bonkers. Spawns wards faster than people can kill.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
oh no wonder the game is way faster they just boosted the damage you take across the board. I don't like that change at all. it punish early RNG way too much.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
The clone strategy is a just a meme. IMO good builds outclass it by quite a wide margin. It's very strong, and very annoying for one spike in the midgame in my experience.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Still haven't won a match with the new patch. I played in a group with two friends who are Boss and Big Boss rank. I'm just a Lieutenant myself, so the competition is bit too tough for me. Played one game alone and ended up second. It's good to play with them though, it always reminds me that the game isn't just about RNG, even though sometimes it feels like that's all it's about when things don't go your way. Atleast I know I still have a lot to improve, which is kinda depressing too considering how many hours I've already spent on the game and I still don't get it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So far, I think I like the new creep changes. It serves as a better check for your current team and to see how everyone else is doing. Except dinos, they might need tweaked because they seem way too difficult.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Won my second game too. Yep, lvl 3 veno with octarine is stupid. Top player was kicking my ass hard then I got him to lvl 3 and it was night and day.

mIJ9i8X.png

Nov 1, 2017
CM and Arc with a blink plus Eidolons** is actually hilarious. Probably not the best strat but Mages + Primordial can be a rough beat (typically 20+ damage)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, Venomancer is pretty stupid. I just had the easiest win ever. Four savage and troll buff with Coordinated Assault and Tooth and Claw. Plus I took Vicious Intent. The last player had 26 hp and I knocked them out in one game because all the fucking adds from Vemon, Lycan, and Lone Druid.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
god, this needs a turbo mode asap

playing on my phone in my office is wonderful because I can get some things done and seldomly pay attention

at home though, holy shit this is boring (250 hours played thus far)

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Finally!
14MX6Lo.jpg

Man, MMR is really volatile at higher levels. It took like 15 games to get from B5 to BB1. Maybe I will take a break and play something else now. lol.

The new meta is:

6 MAGES

level 3 Veno is still really dumb, but the thing that every game I've played tonight had in common was that the winner was playing 6 mages. I think it's gonna start feeling oppressive before long.

H0rR7vw.jpg

Hopefully they nerf mages and veno before long. I think razor is okay. but primordials are going to be really annoying to play against, especially when they hit the 10% ranged disarm.

edit: assassins seem pretty good too, better than I expected.

Last edited:

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Just did a bot game where I had a three star veno with mana boots, two two star nature's prophets with refreshers and a two star lone druid with a refresher. Backed by a CM. Only got seconds place though, unit movement was a problem with so many units on the board.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just went up against someone that got two of the Tier 3 Troll item, got completely rolled.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
just got owned by a 3* arc warden

edit: my god Slark 3* with a MoM is a one-fish army

Last edited:

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just won a game with Veno3 with Octarine Essence + CM3 + 2 Summoning Stones.
I threw in a Lycan, 2 Natures Prophets and an Arc Warden and my whole board was basically filled up within ~2.5 seconds after the fight started.

In round 35 I got the Vicious Intent global and wiped out my last enemy with a 30++ (40? 50? dunno) damage round. Feels kinda broken tbh. Volvo nerf pls.

Edit: also had that Eidolon thingy and 4 elementars. The only thing that was missing for the perfect meta exploit was a refresher on AW.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wait, Tier 1 Veonmancer is actually better than Tier 3 Venomancer? How the hell does that work, cayse you can 3* the unit easier?

because it's cheaper and available sooner. If I can 2* the 3 gold Venomancer then I can also start putting in level 1 Necrophos, Alchemist, or Disruptor in my team for the Warlock bonus. Tier 3 Venomancer was a very, very poor unit. Arguably bottom 5 before this patch.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
because it's cheaper and available sooner. If I can 2* the 3 gold Venomancer then I can also start putting in level 1 Necrophos, Alchemist, or Disruptor in my team for the Warlock bonus. Tier 3 Venomancer was a very, very poor unit. Arguably bottom 5 before this patch.
Nah, Venomancer 3 is currently absolutely broken. You just need to manage getting some Mana / Cooldown support for Veno and it will spawn 3 plague wards every 3 seconds. That's just too OP.

At this point I'd like to try something like:
7 Venomancers + CM1 + CM2 + CM3

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nah, Venomancer 3 is currently absolutely broken. You just need to manage getting some Mana / Cooldown support for Veno and it will spawn 3 plague wards every 3 seconds. That's just too OP.

At this point I'd like to try something like:
7 Venomancers + CM1 + CM2 + CM3

before this patch. tier 3 veno. not 3* veno.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
So yeah Primordial bonus needs a quick nerf.

Can't even win now with full demons as most of the time my units are just standing there doing nothing lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Veno build is catching on. There goes power-ranking before the nerf.

So I'm pretty casual, Smuggler, and don't care much (well, didn't... ) about ranking but it's really starting to frustrate me. Since the patch I've played six games: two in first place, once in second, once in third, once in fourth and once in fifth. If I place fifth, I am certain to get demoted but I rarely get promoted. In all of those games I gained one rank (two rank-ups, one rank down). It disincentivizes creative play when I can't risk doing poorly in one game because I'm deranking.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Veno build is catching on. There goes power-ranking before the nerf.

So I'm pretty casual, Smuggler, and don't care much (well, didn't... ) about ranking but it's really starting to frustrate me. Since the patch I've played six games: two in first place, once in second, once in third, once in fourth and once in fifth. If I place fifth, I am certain to get demoted but I rarely get promoted. In all of those games I gained one rank (two rank-ups, one rank down). It disincentivizes creative play when I can't risk doing poorly in one game because I'm deranking.

I've been stuck at Smuggler 1 for 3 weeks and I think it's because I played around with some builds at one point. I have no idea how far away from Smuggler 2 I am and it's super frustrating. It's at the point where I'm wondering if my ranking is bugged or something.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been stuck at Smuggler 1 for 3 weeks and I think it's because I played around with some builds at one point. I have no idea how far away from Smuggler 2 I am and it's super frustrating. It's at the point where I'm wondering if my ranking is bugged or something.

Yeah, for awhile it was pretty 1:1 where if I was top half I'd gain a rank, bottom I'd derank. Then it's like a switch flipped and now I only derank, which seems really punitive. I was about to be Lieutenant at one point and now I'm Smuggler II. I am top three way more often than I am bottom three.

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
the faster meta is just what i wanted. you can't econ to 50 anymore. you hve to invest in two stars by round 15 or you get destroyed. think 2-3 interest is sweet spot until end game

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird. I just won a game and the progression rewards screen for the proto-pass showed a totally different reward than is shown as the reward for level 9. The reward shown was a totally new banner that I have never seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.