• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
3*s suck (lol). I was the one with the boring end game warlock ball.

FwrOc4v.jpg
3* only matter if you are damn sure that your synergies pay off, and the global items can back you up. Also matters if you are using one of the OP strats, you have scaled+warrrior+Warlock, and right now its secretly the best strat if you can pull it off. And in any case,, your opponent is using Scrappy+Inventor backed by nothing else, maybe sniper. Of course its gonna fail.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
But he got the scrappy and inventor synergy in spades.

Anyway, I dont think any 3*s are worth rolling for unless you determined your team is already the final one you can make for the game.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
Damn this game is awesome. Having a lot of fun, first time with one of these types. Never played auto chess. My problem is that I think I keep trying bad lategame strats. I always end up top 3 but have never won in 30+ games. Last game the last one left had 6 assassin. How do I even protect against that. Got wiped.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this game is awesome. Having a lot of fun, first time with one of these types. Never played auto chess. My problem is that I think I keep trying bad lategame strats. I always end up top 3 but have never won in 30+ games. Last game the last one left had 6 assassin. How do I even protect against that. Got wiped.

Corner your fragile units, put a tank at the back as bait, dont use squishy units, or last until late game where assassins are too squishy and die too fast to do anything.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
Corner your fragile units, put a tank at the back as bait, dont use squishy units, or last until late game where assassins are too squishy and die too fast to do anything.
Yeah I think I was invested in a couple 3* squishy units. I just don't know when to just sell and try a complete new strat for something like that.

Last edited:

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think I was invested in a couple 3* squishy units. I just don't when to just sell and try a complete new strat for something like that.

When I see a two or more Assassin players in the game, I would just abort out of any archer or mage compositions if im not too deep in it yet. If you are, determine the best round to spend all your money to beef it up to be too strong for them or get out of it.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Crystal Maiden level 2 with Kunka + 50% cooldown reduce item is fun. One round I had 4 or 5 ships coming in. Sound was like 🔔🔔🔔

Died too soon to get KotL level 2 but should've been fun, too, with the horses.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a link to a good guide? Played a bit today and was getting crushed in every game. It feels like everyone else has no problem getting 2 star units while the units I need never come up, so I'm sure I'm missing something.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AOPdAml.jpg

Much harder to screenshot wins with the proto pass screens
Too impatient to wait for druids, changed to scalies, got scaly buff
EZ 👏

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a link to a good guide? Played a bit today and was getting crushed in every game. It feels like everyone else has no problem getting 2 star units while the units I need never come up, so I'm sure I'm missing something.
I have come to the realization that I will never get early ⭐ ⭐ and I just chill and don't panic spend.

The matches will come.

If I get the early matches I'm a little sad because then I have to spend money trying to keep a win streak going.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
They need to make the neutrals rounds harder. In DAC, you could lose the rounds like the troll round pretty easy. In this game, you actually have to try to lose them. It makes them useless.

circuit

Oct 27, 2017
Always be refunding heroes. If you buy all five from the shop, that's five heroes you have a chance to 2-star the next time the shop appears. If you get nothing, then you can refund everything. However, it's first better to figure out how interest works. If you beat someone, you can even use that 1-gold victory bonus to buy something right before shop refreshes

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
In Autochess you had to plan specifically to beat them.
It's sad what they did to the creeps.
They were like a boss, not an intermission.
good thing they made it weaker, imagine get useless item because your draw get you comp that cant beat magic resistance dragon in late game,.. if you playing daily stronger creep round is just nuisance.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
looks like my training against hardcore bots worked, immediately won my 1st game against real players after only playing hardcore bots in a while
dunno if i'll bother with protopass progression, i'm too lazy and underlords games still last too long

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

In Auto chess certain synergies (like mages) where almost an auto loss against some creeps.
I agree that they nerfed them to much in Underlords but in DAC they where to hard.
I think TFT has struck a nice balance there.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
A good start makes the game so much easier. Only lost 2 battles the whole game. Definitely the most dominating game I've had yet.

1f0Cg4k.jpg

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the best RNG drops today.

2 Coordinated Assault
2 Hunter's Focus

Medusa and Drow at the back, Troll Warlord and Witch Doctor ahead of them, Lycan and Omniknight to soak up damage.

2 Slarks to jump and flank behind.

Enemies just melted.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only one that feels like that in Underlords is the dog and pony show, where 5 dogs immediately jump in your back to murder your mages.
In games were other players don't get too assassin-friendly, I often leave the back of my army unprotected or with just one guy to soak up the backstab, which means this particular creep can fuck me over. So I have to box my units safely in a corner just for this fight, and then once it's over move everyone back to their original position. Not my favourite moment of the game, really.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
ohh progression is here

will pick the game back up to get that loot, but turbo mode needs to come w paid battle pass or it's bomb city

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Knights with Dragons and Necrophos are still stupid. Went from 7th place with 6hp left and hang on until the last round (both I and the 2nd guy died at the same time) lol. And I was constantly beating the 1st guy. Sometimes bad positioning just makes the difference.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I ran a full druid+Savage+Warlock+Elusive board and it went as bad as you can expect it to go. I mean it could have gone worse than 4th place, but good lord was I outmatched. Everyone was running some form of a summon strat and we are talking about 15vs 7 unit rounds the whole game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
any guides?

I dont really play seriously. Most of the time I love trying out bullshit strats.
I don't play it either. I mean it's hard to pull Lone Druid and getting a level 2 or 3 Lycan.

You also need supreme RNG to double or triple up on the items/buffs

Completing the Cycle
When a Druid dies, it heals allies 1 cell away over time for 30% of its total health for 6 seconds.

Octarine Essence
Reduces the ability cooldown by 50%.

Summoning Stone
Allied summoned units have +150 Health and +30 Attack Speed.

Refresher Orb
Refresh all cooldowns and restore 50 mana after casting an ability.

Expanded Roster
+1 Unit cap.

Font of Creation
Primordial units spawn Eidolons on death. Eidolons are weak ranged Primordial units that don't spawn Eidolons.

Tooth and Claw
Savage units apply a stackable 10 damage/s bleed on attack.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't play it either. I mean it's hard to pull Lone Druid and getting a level 2 or 3 Lycan.

You also need supreme RNG to double or triple up on the items/buffs

Completing the Cycle
When a Druid dies, it heals allies 1 cell away over time for 30% of its total health for 6 seconds.

Octarine Essence
Reduces the ability cooldown by 50%.

Summoning Stone
Allied summoned units have +150 Health and +30 Attack Speed.

Refresher Orb
Refresh all cooldowns and restore 50 mana after casting an ability.

Expanded Roster
+1 Unit cap.

Font of Creation
Primordial units spawn Eidolons on death. Eidolons are weak ranged Primordial units that don't spawn Eidolons.

Tooth and Claw
Savage units apply a stackable 10 damage/s bleed on attack.
fucking hell

sounds fun though

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
You guys also try the Savage+Summons strat if you ever get the both passive (Savage stack, summoning stone)

Once you get it rolling the power spike is huge. But its hard to pull off cause RNG

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

lots of datamined stuff. turbo mode, new game boards, models for new heros, models for the actual Underlords, replay mode, chat, matchmaking and rank changes, more controller support, vr mode, team based mode, other game modes, etc.

they are moving real quick with this game.
Speaking of the Underlords, I wonder wtf happens when they decide to include the hero Underlord in a season as a piece. I'm guessing he would likely have Firestorm as his skill.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Gotcha. Yeah its disgusting cause even if you are rolling something really great a Zoo Strat as you call it can and will wipe you out through sheer endurance.
You guys also try the Savage+Summons strat if you ever get the both passive (Savage stack, summoning stone)

Once you get it rolling the power spike is huge. But its hard to pull off cause RNG
Never got Savage Stack or Summoning Stone at the same time, summoning stone for me is my Strange Bedfellows. Got 3 in one game but jack shit in terms of Nature's Prophet, Lone Druid or Heartless Eidolons. First time I got Nature's Prophet AND Lone Druid in the same fame was in thar game I mentioned above, but there was far too much Schadenfreude going on with the others to make it work.

lots of datamined stuff. turbo mode, new game boards, models for new heros, models for the actual Underlords, replay mode, chat, matchmaking and rank changes, more controller support, vr mode, team based mode, other game modes, etc.

Huh, never considered that some heroes could be removed for later seasons and new ones added to the rotation. That definitely will shake things up and as someone who has never played Dota I cannot wait to see what these will be. Also a Team Mode? Man, we really need to start sharing profiles in here and get together for some team matches if it does happen.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

thanks for writing them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.