• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Undecided voters in this trump era are really..

• neutral individuals who are hard to be swayed by either party

• anti-democrats

• trump supporters

• independents

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
What if you didn't like how things were going 4 years ago? I am not trolling. I don't live in the US. Some of the thoughts on here (if you support Trump, you're a racist seem rather reductive)

What if the status quo wasn't agreeable to folks?

Trump supports white supremacy. If you support Trump, you support a racist. You are a racist.

This isn't a debate or up for question. If you need further proof, please look to 12 hours ago.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
They absolutely are Trump supporters. Unlike other elections, this is a binary option. You're either a decent human being or you're not.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Trump supports white supremacy. If you support Trump, you support a racist. You are a racist.

This isn't a debate or up for question. If you need further proof, please look to 12 hours ago.

although I would speculate the response is some form of strawman that Biden would support white supremacy but not openly.
but literally the president is asking for his white supremacist supporters to get violent. You cannot two sides that shit. It's incredible anyone would choose not to take the strategic vote against him

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I tried to watch a CNN interview with undecided voters after the debate and we noped the fuck out after the first two basically were straight up Trump supporters. Undecided voters are the worst. Past elections I've managed not to get angry at them, but this election the choices are clear as day. You either support Democracy and the rule of law or you support naked fascism and a racist criminal.

Undecided voters are the dumbest people in the country. They are vain attention whores who want to be rewarded for actively being fucking selfish, stupid, and so politically unengaged they should be shunned by society. They are an indictment of America's civic culture in the sense that they only give a fuck about themselves and want attention and accolades for being fucking morons.

Oct 27, 2017
The undecided voter shouldn't be conflated with the disenfranchised/disengaged voter.

The former are Trump supporters through and through.

My favorite argument is "i voted for him in 2016 but im not sure who i'm gonna vote for now..."

You already lost me at "i voted for him in 2016" chief

Fuck all your thoughts and feelings

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
They are the people that come into work next day and say wow that was a shit show for both of them (then they laughed)* fk those people *

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Statistically there's no fucking thing as moderate independents. It's a fairytale media narrative to support their both sides bullshit.

Independents are usually partisans on the far left or right, sometimes single issue voters, that are disaffected with the current state of their party. Teahadists and Trump voters were "independents coming home", they sure as hell are not moderates.

The largest group of eligible voters actually up for grabs are "don't/didn't vote". Non-partisans that don't bother to participate, but most likely have the highest chance of actually being persuaded.

I would disagree slightly. I think a lot are just people that don't really follow politics at all, and show up once every 4 years to vote after doing very little research, and probably barely follow the news. Though this is just my observation from people I've come across.

Though there's probably a variety of independents. For example, I'm registered as independent but that doesn't mean I can be swayed to vote republican. Which would agree with what you said about independents being left or right.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Vote Trump Out

Then lets try and find and build a worthy 3rd party. Don't know how to pull it off, but there has to be away.

Heck, I'd volunteer, but I'm not rich, lol.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Generally they're just idiots. Some people are just stupid. I saw some undecideds interviewed last night on a few networks and holy shit. Pretty close to "this particular individual" kinda shit from Idiocracy. The kinda people that watched what happened last night and thought both candidates were so smart they didn't understand what was happening. Idiots.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I don't think there are many actual undecided voters at this point. Undecided not being the same as non-voters.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
In a recent call with my mother-in-law, my 6 year-old son asked who she was voting for. She hemed and hawed with "I haven't made up my mind..." and my son wasn't buying any of it. You know you aren't fooling anybody when a 6 year-old can clearly see through your bullshit.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
They absolutely are Trump supporters. Unlike other elections, this is a binary option. You're either a decent human being or you're not.

Making things black and white is often crazily inaccurate, and this is no different. Otherwise you're basically saying that anyone who doesn't vote, or who is currently unsure whether to vote or which way to vote, should be counted as a vote for Trump. Which I'm sure he'd appreciate.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone undecided, as in someone who says they want to vote but struggling to pick a candidate just wants attention. That's different than being checked out because they have more immediate and personal concerns.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
this has 100% got to be satire.

Any sane person should prefer rolling back 4 years rather than vote for the wholesale destruction of public order. There is so fucking much on the line right now and people need to stop the bleeding before they fix anything.

A lot of sane people weren't exactly happy with the Keystone Pipeline, Freddie Gray, usage of drones, accelerated police militarization, or wealth inequality that expanded under the recession recovery. Yes Trump sucks and is a complete garbage fire but I swear the last four years have rotted people's brains and they blame all of this countries failings just on him when this shit has been going on forever.

Trumps viability as a politician is a symptom of "politics as usual" that everyone seems so eager to return to.

Cerulean_skylark

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A lot of sane people weren't exactly happy with the Keystone Pipeline, Freddie Gray, usage of drones, accelerated police militarization, or wealth inequality that expanded under the recession recovery. Yes Trump sucks and is a complete garbage fire but I swear the last four years have rotted people's brains and they blame all of this countries failings just on him when this shit has been going on forever.

Trumps viability as a politician is a symptom of "politics as usual" that everyone seems so eager to return to.

Discussion of the past is not an answer to the challenge of the present though. If we cannot answer the immediate problem we will never be in a position to worry about the systemic problem.

I want to reiterate. I am not in support of the fucked up shit that got us here. But I don't think the good answer to "what should we do this election" is "build a time machine"

Last edited:

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Discussion of the past is not an answer to the challenge of the present though. If we cannot answer the immediate problem we will never be in a position to worry about the systemic problem.

I was literally replying to "rolling back 4 years". Those problems that happened under Democratic leadership don't stop being things that happened just because Trump is bad. It is also kind of important when you understand who the VP was at the time.

Cerulean_skylark

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was literally replying to "rolling back 4 years". Those problems that happened under Democratic leadership don't stop being things that happened just because Trump is bad. It is also kind of important when you understand who the VP was at the time.
I do not think your response addresses my point at all.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
I think they are mostly racist white people who just wish that Trump wasn't so overt with it because they don't want to be judged for the pieces of shit that they really are

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Non voters /= undecided voters. Undecided voters are apathetic to racism which, to me, just makes you a Trump supporter by default.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I do not think your response addresses my point at all.

History doesn't stop being important because Trump sucks. A lot of people were dealing with shit before Trump showed up, and Trump didn't necessarily make their lives worse. If everything has always sucked, it is much easier to remain undecided or just not care, especially when both candidates have already been in a leadership position. Does that help?

Cerulean_skylark

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
History doesn't stop being important because Trump sucks. A lot of people were dealing with shit before Trump showed up, and Trump didn't necessarily make their lives worse. If everything has always sucked, it is much easier to remain undecided or just not care, especially when both candidates have already been in a leadership position. Does that help?
No it doesnt. I have no idea why you think that I am arguing that point. it does.
My argument was

"A is clearly better than B"
And your response is
"B sucks"

That isn't a response to my point. I agree with you. But since you're not answering to my argument you're not convincing me that choosing not to vote is based in a reasonable assessment of the current situation and choice.
If SOME people feel that things have always sucked for them and didn't get worse. Cool. I understand that.

But my argument is that Biden probably wouldn't continue state sponsored forced sterilization and the promotion of a white terrorist gangs. And people should care about more than what affects them personally.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
No it doesnt. I have no idea why you think it does.
My argument was

"A is clearly better than B"
And your response is
"B sucks"

That isn't a response to my point. I agree with you. But since you're not answering to my argument you're not convincing me that choosing not to vote is based in a reasonable assessment of the current situation and choice.
If SOME people feel that things have always sucked for them and didn't get worse. Cool. I understand that.

But my argument is that Biden probably wouldn't continue state sponsored forced sterilization and the promotion of a white terrorist gangs. And people should care about more than what affects them personally.

I already said I was replying to the "rollback 4 years" part. Context is important. My point is things have sucked for a lot of people, continued to suck, and rolling back 4 years doesn't necessarily help. It is very easy for a lot of people to just see "same shit different day" when it comes to politics and go about their days. That isn't necessarily a question of sanity.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Imagine thinking those are the reasons the majority of the undecided are undecided

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Many undecided voters have the ability to make false equivalencies out of anything. They feel that being undecided means they are being somehow "fair" because no matter what the two sides are saying, the correct answer must be somewhere in the middle.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why would they be torn between the person who had that stuff happen in his administration and the person who is objectively worse on every one of those issues? If any of that stuff is a deal breaker for someone, they would not be considering Biden or Trump, they would be sitting out the election entirely or voting third party.

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I listed to this infuriating thing on NPR today on my way to UW-Madison campus, fucking undecided voters (lol) giving their takes on the debate (double fucking lol) and how before the debates they weren't quite sure who to vote for, but now they are not going to vote at all. Fucking idiots.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Undecided at this point means one of the below:

In a coma for last 4 years and literally woke up today
Secret Trump supporter, doesn't want others to know
Just wants to watch the world burn
Cognative ability is severely lacking

Sep 14, 2019
I was watching a couple of TYT videos on YouTube about the debate and they were pissed off over some of Biden's answers, like being against the Green New Deal and not saying he supports at least some parts, and wanting more funding for the police.

People need to understand that these debates aren't for us that are already voting for him (whether because people think he really is a good candidate or because we think he's better than Trump). They're not for the cult on the right.

These are for the undecided. These are for people still on the fence wondering who they should vote for.

And people need to understand that, if the racism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny, racism, mishandling the pandemic, constant lying, etc. isn't enough to sway those undecided voters, then Biden mentioning support of any capacity for the Green New Deal or stating how the police have a big issue with racism and there need to be major changes, that will just spook those undecided voters.

It sucks, but that's the situation we're in. Doesn't mean we can't fight for change once (if) Biden is elected, but we gotta think strategically here.

Also, like some said, some undecided voters already know who they're voting for.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
They interviewed some undecided voters on CNN and asked what they thought after the first debate. A handful were still undecided, 6 or 7 were now voting for Biden and 2 for Trump.

I have several questions.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
people are frequently myopic and we manage to find new ways to be a weird contrarian all the time.
i don't know why an entire demo of people would commit to this weird perverse bit where they are 100% in for trump but pretend to be undecided. Idk people have jobs and mortgages and stuff and most people suck at lying or pretending.

Oct 29, 2017
I listed to this infuriating thing on NPR today on my way to UW-Madison campus, fucking undecided voters (lol) giving their takes on the debate (double fucking lol) and how before the debates they weren't quite sure who to vote for, but now they are not going to vote at all. Fucking idiots.

Yes NPR was a very frustrating listen today. The sisters who were debating each other was bizarre.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Trump supporters are still worse, but yeah, really mind-boggling.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The poll is missing a group. I know many of them. People that have no interest in politics, only watch sports, and never watch the news or do much on the Internet. They don't know the real Trump so I understand why they are undecided. They are also unlikely to vote anyways.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The poll is missing a group. I know many of them. People that have no interest in politics, only watch sports, and never watch the news or do much on the Internet. They don't know the real Trump so I understand why they are undecided. They are also unlikely to vote anyways.
That was my dad before last night's debate. Now voting Biden.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The piece of shit literally told a white supremacist group to stand by for future orders last night. On live fucking TV. If you are undecided how you feel about that, you are also a piece of shit.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
A lot of it's stupidity, some of it is wanting to look above it all with both-sidesism, and some are just people too shy to say their actual beliefs and know they're incapable of backing up their support