• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Nitro-Fueled has a steady frame rate of 30 frames per second on the original PlayStation 4 hardware, but those of you with an Xbox One X and/or PlayStation 4 Pro will be able to enjoy the game at a solid 60 frames per second when all is said and done. These will no doubt be the superior versions of Nitro-Fueled, though there's nothing wrong with taking the game on the portable front with the Switch, if you can step away from Mario Kart 8 long enough.

Super disappointing for the base version, but at least the people with a Pro or an X will be able to play it decently. It doesn't sound too good for the Switch though.

Source: https://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/crash-team-racing-hands-on/

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I wonder abut that Switch version, also I wonder about Team Sonic Racing.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Wish they'd aimed for 60fps in the base version (at least on PS4 and Xbox One), even if it meant toning down the graphix.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's surprising. So all the base consoles + Switch run at 30fps...not sure if I agree with that but hey.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's great that there will be 60 fps versions, but pretty disappointing for me. oh well, still in for the switch version.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
makes me happy that i got a Pro, i do have to wonder how well the game is gonna run on the switch now

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As a PS4 pro owner, I have to say, this is fucking dumb

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
They should push an update for Crash N.Sane as well

As a PS4 pro owner, I have to say, this is fucking dumb

It's not.
If you buy a 300€ PC you will get inferior framerate compared to a 600€ PC.

That's how things should work, base consoles are 2013 hardware, outdated in 2019.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
That's good news for some people, although it sounds like it'd be messy online, with some players having an advantage due to playing at a higher framerate.

It does totally collapse the argument that they went with 30FPS for authenticity reasons though.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Lol at the trilogy running at 30fps, I really wonder why considering it runs at 60 on potatoes on PC

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Why just move settings down on the base consoles? Is it really that important to have the graphics sliders as high as they can go before completely tanking the frame rate ?

beni12

Oct 25, 2017

It's not.

That's how things should work, base consoles are 2013 hardware, outdated in 2019.
it is, it's console not PC. everybody in console version of multiplayer games should have a same frame-rate.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which means... 15fps in 4 player splitscreen?
lolololol (does it even have 4 player splitscreen?)

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

It's not.

No, there was nothing stopping them from targeting 60fps on base consoles from the beginning. This isn't a matter of low power, it's a matter of priorities and how they decided to use that power.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not.

This comparison would make sense if you could choose whether you want to take a hit in graphics or framerate but you clearly can't. For a racing game, yeah it is kinda dumb.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Wrong choice. They should have targeted 60fps and then boosted the graphics or whatever for the pro consoles.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda baffling for a racing game. I was always told that racing games HAVE to go for 60fps. And aside from some minor exceptions i generally agree, at least for singleplayer/ no split-screen.

Why not tone the graphics down to achieve 60 at least in singleplayer across all platforms? I doubt that would make the game ugly. It's already an incredible looking remaster as it is.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
I am ok with the base console and the switch running at 30 fps. I played the original game at 30 fps with slowdowns. Same goes for Mario Kart 64, Sonic All Star Racing or Transformed. It's not that big of a deal for a kart racer. 60 fps is better obviously, but I'll live with it just fine.

beni12

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 and Xbox One are consoles with PC architecture, the fact that we have mid-gen upgrades explains a lot, hampering down games because "parity" is bullshit and should not happen.
Mid-gen upgrades were mostly for delivering better graphics not double frame-rate (especially in multiplayer games)

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted this on the switch to pick up and play but with a lower resolution and frame rate than MK8 I ask myself if it won't just feel like a cheaper version of Mario kart.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It's not.

This doesn't make sense, the premium consoles should give you features that are not possible in the base consoles (4k/hdr) or the option to customize the experience. On the later, I don't mind when games like Nioh for example give you the option to get 60 fps at the sacrifice of graphics to look like a base console game, mostly because is a single player game.

But for a multiplayer game, there should always be parity in everything that isn't related to graphics, Activision should have perfectly made the game run at 60 fps on the base consoles, while also giving the pro/x all the stuff that justify the premium price (higher resolution, more details, etc)

I don't want those premium consoles to become p2w stuff

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I played it last week on a PS4 Pro and it was 30 frames-per-second. Asked PR about whether there'd be a 60 frames-per-second option and they didn't know.
Maybe there's been more previews with more updated builds since then?

Still, I think it'll be better to lock this thread then until there's any other source.