• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yes or no

• Yas

Votes: 654 92.9%
  • Neg

Votes: 50 7.1%

• Total voters

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games of all time.
Uncharted 4 is arguably the worst game in the franchise.
Uncharted 1 and 3 are average.

Lost Legacy is a solid second best and enjoyable time. Give it a shot.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Yes of course. It's much more focused than 4, although equally open/wide in comparison to the previous ones. But less prologue (almost none, just a bit), less exploration without combat or puzzles, less "filler". I loved U4 and it's my favourite one for one playghrough, but probably the less favourite for a replay; while I think a replay of Lost Legacy could be very nice at any moment. It's still less action focused than the first 3 but a very fun and well paced game imo.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
It makes good on the potential and promise of UC4's improvements over past games. There were multiple instances that felt like direct responses to things I found disappointing in 4.

If you almost really enjoyed 4 because of the incredible battle arena designs and story, but the constant start-and-(come to a complete, screeching)-stop pacing held it back from being engaging, and if it felt like the newer stuff like sliding/rope swinging/open areas/etc. seemed cool but underutilised as if the "loop" part of "gameplay loop" was never properly closed with those aspects, then Lost Legacy is for you.

The open areas in 4 were woefully empty despite being gorgeous, and there were only a few scant environmental puzzles that made it feel worthwhile—one of the most interesting environmental puzzle (the well/Jeep/wooden beam thing in Madagascar) was for a rewards that had no use from a gameplay perspective (treasure collectible), and only had some diary entry that felt insubstantial, even from a lore perspective. The conversations between Nate and his brother were occasionally insightful, but the vast majority were just them qupping back and forth (that does get subverted in a really good way halfway through, but the game drags in a lot of places which in turn makes that note typical conversing seem rote).

Compare that to Lost Legacy where you hidden special weapons (with a decent amount of ammo!) are all over at enemy encampments, each conversation between the two leads gives meaningful insight into their motivations, and the spatial puzzles are better and make good use of climbing in interesting ways. The lack of crate pushing was welcome too, and every section of traversal feels distinct as opposed to 4's overly long, samey cliff faces (which feel like a remnant from when the game was going to have a stamina meter).

if you hated 4 through and through, maybe skip TLL, but if 4 just sorta missed the mark, give it a try.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Who is voting "Neg" here? Why are you stupid? (please reply and make me look like the one who's being stupid - I honestly want to here your thoughts)

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's the second best after two so yeah.

Just finished it second time today, got me emotional all over again.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Lost Legacy feels like the best two thirds of an Uncharted game to me. The story doesn't really do it for me, but I think it has the best finale, the best single chapter, and the best overall gameplay of any Uncharted game

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Legacy is probably my favorite Uncharted game.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lost Legacy is a much more focused and enjoyable experience than Uncharted 4

reminded me of U2

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
$25? It goes on sale all the time for $10, just so you know. Great game; definitely worth playing along with all the other big Sony first party titles.

Always check PS Prices

en.psprices.com

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Price drop in official PlayStation Store store for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Last edited:

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's the perfect length for a single player game. I really enjoyed it.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought it at launch and haven't played it after the open world chapter. I was just burnt out of linear games at that time and need my rpg fix, haven't get back to it yet

Oct 27, 2017
I often feel like I'm crazy reading some of the countless takes on this site but I've never been more at odds with the general consensus for this game on this forum. I mean, I can't recall much of any game on this forum, if at all, that has this much unanimity in its favour but for my part I was primed for a nearly spotless and thrilling adventure of the likes of 2 and 3 but in the end was generally underwhelmed by the familiarity of it all, apart from the more open chapter. I'll repost a quick summary I wrote for another thread on this game.

But I also think Uncharted 4 is underrated in relation to Lost Legacy which I constantly hear the claim that it totally rectifies the faults of 4, a claim I found to be totally hollow when I played it recently. I simply cannot find whatever is regarded to be so exceptional in Lost Legacy and it carries over a lot of my gripes with 4 while lacking the environmental variety the larger game 4 offered. It continued with the far too stale and unchallenging climbing through environments designed for the player to gawk at rather than be deeply engaged in the act, too few setpieces yet again, and the one that stood out was itself a reincarnation of an older concept etc. It really brought very little fresh to the series, apart from the more open-ended chapter.

In the end, despite the heaps of LTTPs on here declaring its greatness, I found LL to be my least favourite Uncharted, only in front of Uncharted 1, and next to it I genuinely think Uncharted 4 stands superior.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
It's a best of Uncharted collection condensed into a "spin off". If I had to play only one Uncharted, LL would be the one.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Most people here were very positive about it.
I thought it didn't look as good as Uncharted 4 and i lost interest after the "open area".

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
This game gets a thumbs up from me!

Brisk pacing where nothing overstays its welcome. Dense and varied and highly replayable. I would appreciate more AAA games like this, where they're shorter and more focused but all killer and no filler.

This is how I feel. It might be somewhat shorter than many of the other Uncharted games, but in this case that actually works in its favor, since it's paced so well and is thoroughly engaging from start to finish. I wouldn't mind seeing future Uncharted games with a similar scope.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would recommend skipping the optional content in the open area. Really kills the pacing if you stick around and do that. Think I would have liked it more had I skipped it

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Yes, it's the best in the franchise due to the less linear environments and greater focus on puzzles. Nadine and Chloe also have GREAT chemistry

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It's great, but I was pretty "done" with the series after 3 and ready for ND to move on. Then Uncharted 4 was great but had some pacing issues that made me feel like the series as a whole was outstaying its welcome. So Lost Legacy is a bit of a victim of that. It doesn't have pacing issues of its own, but it somehow still felt overlong to me. Removed from that context, it's probably the best Uncharted game.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
It is the compact version of everything good in Uncharted 4 and leaves out most of everything that is not, including pushing chests around. In fact they mention it at the very beginning in the game.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
i loved it, i thought the open world stuff was a nice change of pace and the puzzles were good. pacing and setpieces were on point as well.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Great game if you love games like Uncharted 4 that make characters' actions a direct result of their famous antiquarian families.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
TLL is a tighter and more focused game than Uncharted 4, admittedly. It can even be more fun as well.

A Thief's End was far more impactful and satisfying for me though. Either way, I feel you should give it a go, even if you didn't enjoy 4 all that much, and specially if you played/enjoyed Uncharted 2 by any chance.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished it and it's incredible. My favorite Uncharted since Uncharted 2. I'm desperate for a sequel!!

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
The best game in the series for me. The open-world/non-linear section is exactly where I want Naughty Dog to go with their games.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Joining in all the recommendations, TLL is my favorite Uncharted game after UC2. The game's incredibly gorgeous locales and insane sense of scale is something I really missed in UC3/4, and I also prefer TLL's pacing overall. (Some of UC3/4's areas really outstayed their welcome.) Chloe was a fantastic lead, and I loved her dynamic with Nadine. There's an emotional Chloe moment around the midpoint in the game that is one of the best scenes from any Uncharted game -- Claudia Black outdid herself.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I often feel like I'm crazy reading some of the countless takes on this site but I've never been more at odds with the general consensus for this game on this forum. I mean, I can't recall much of any game on this forum, if at all, that has this much unanimity in its favour but for my part I was primed for a nearly spotless and thrilling adventure of the likes of 2 and 3 but in the end was generally underwhelmed by the familiarity of it all, apart from the more open chapter. I'll repost a quick summary I wrote for another thread on this game.

Yeah I can't agree with the "it's like UC2" and "fixes everything from UC4" takes. Structurally it's similar to UC4, it's just shorter. Comparisons to UC2 also I think set up the wrong expectations, LL isn't as unrelenting as UC2: there are lots of downtime moments (which is not a bad thing).

They refined the open world area that has a fun little optional quest. But besides that I think UC4 has better level design, better environments, and a much more satisfying overall narrative driving the action.

I think LL is like a really great version of UC1 in that you're not globetrotting. It's selfcontained in one area. It's beautiful and a worthwhile expansion, but just not on the level of UC2 or UC4.

I do want the series to continue with Chloe/Nadine in UC5 though. I feel like LL was just a taste of what a full on proper adventure with those characters would be like.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can't agree with the "it's like UC2" and "fixes everything from UC4" takes. Structurally it's similar to UC4, it's just shorter. Comparisons to UC2 also I think set up the wrong expectations, LL isn't as unrelenting as UC2: there are lots of downtime moments (which is not a bad thing).

They refined the open world area that has a fun little optional quest. But besides that I think UC4 has better level design, better environments, and a much more satisfying overall narrative driving the action.

I think LL is like a really great version of UC1 in that you're not globetrotting. It's selfcontained in one area. It's beautiful and a worthwhile expansion, but just not on the level of UC2 or UC4.

I do want the series to continue with Chloe/Nadine in UC5 though. I feel like LL was just a taste of what a full on proper adventure with those characters would be like.

The reception of both games are two sides of the same coin, really. The consensus around Uncharted 4 and its poor pacing, while true, is inflated but to the diminished acknowledgement of other areas it excelled in and was arguably better in than Lost Legacy's greatest quality, its pacing, is elevated without mention of any of its flaws. It's pretty common here on era, lowering one game to prop up another.

Oct 27, 2017
LL is my favorite Uncharted. Strips off the fat, which it sounds like you'll like, and adds some new things to the series. Plus, it pulls of a change in protagonists, switching in previous supporting cast, really well. All that with the good mechanics and graphics of UC4.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely yes. It's one of the most underappreciated games this gen.

You could argue it's the best in the series. It's the only one in my mind that truly rivals Uncharted 2. It has all the gameplay enhancements of 4 but with incredibly better pacing. It's so good.