• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It had a nice ending too~
tumblr_ow9jciMKmf1qe9lpso1_500.gifv

u_neek

Oct 28, 2017
I completed it for the first time last night. At just under 6 hours I kinda rushed through it, but what a brilliant, compact Uncharted experience it is.

Last edited:

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Even though the dev pipeline was already in place, it's still amazing what ND could pump out in a year

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
It's my favorite Uncharted, entirely on the back of the open world section.

I loooved the open world. Having a map, a car, objectives that can be completed in any order, and optional content is refreshing after the previous for games. To me, it's very clearly the direction the series should move to.

Mar 18, 2018
My only issue with it is that Chloe and Nadine are partners at the beginning but it's never really revealed how they became partners.
During the game (mainly at the beginning), it's told that Chloe hired Nadine Ross to help her with the job of finding the tusk. As game goes by, they become partners on equal level (before, Nadine was basically a mercenary, gun-for-hire to Chloe).

Monkeynuts

Jan 17, 2019
Couldn't agree more, i had this in my backlog and finally got round to playing it thru recently. absolutely wonderful game and one of the best in the series without question.

The visual and art design teams over at naughty dog are absolutely top tier, the game is straight up breathtaking to look at in places

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, my favorite in the series next to 2.

I'm really hoping we get another game with Chloe and Nadine.

Fully agree. The game was excellent, Chloe and Nadine were great as leads who felt like they grew as characters across the adventure and it was perfectly formed with barely any padding or screen time wasted. Heck, even the 'open world' sections were just right in that they were not too big but fit in lots of tasks and environmental variety.

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
Totally agree, this game is my favorite Uncharted. This final battle on the train is incredible.

And this music !! ♫ ♥

Daxter01

Nov 3, 2017
It would've challenged U2 for the best Uncharted game if it had 2,3 more chapters and locations

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got this digitally a while back and it's probably my 2nd favorite (first is 2). Granted Chloe's probably my favorite character in the series.

My only issue with it is that Chloe and Nadine are partners at the beginning but it's never really revealed how they became partners. Nadine is for some reason a hero now out of nowhere. And I guess there not being much new stuff could be a flaw but it wasn't for me. So overall I'd give the game a 9/10.
Eh, she's not evil. She's a mercenary and very professional. That's the only reason she's willing to put up with the villain's bullshit for so long in 4. In LL she seems to be choosing more carefully after 4 got 99% of her employees killed by Nate and Sam. Also she seems to legitimately like Chloe because she can relate to her motives whereas Rafe was just crazy about treasure, not because he needed it but because he needed to find it to placate his own obsession.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it much much better than the 4. The pacing was on point. My favorite Uncharted, as I didn't quite like the finale of the second opus.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was overall a better experience than 4, in story, execution and gameplay

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
it's seriously a gem, up there with 2 and 4.

and what makes me happy is that the TLL co-directors filled up Bruce's director's chair on TLOU2.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
It was okay. The game had a lot of limitations in odd places for being semi-open and some of the encounters were awful like a certain rainy chapter. There was also issues with running out of ammo that I encountered that made things frustrating.

Beautiful locales, solid set pieces, etc. The story and performances were great and it didn't overstay its welcome like Uncharted 4. The difficulty was a little bit better balanced too.

Uncharted 2 is still the best game in the series though.

Wonkertonk

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 15, 2019
Warwick, England
I really love the Uncharted series and this game is no exception. It just shows how good the series is as a whole that it ranks as my fourth favourite Uncharted game (not counting Golden Abyss etc.) overall.

4, 3, 2, LL, 1 - for me.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and wow. It's wonderful. But first let me say while the climax is kinda samey, it was still insane.

The game has a whole though was awesome. It retains all of the greatness from Uncharted 4 like the graphics, gameplay, writing, facial animations and then makes it even more fun somehow. I think this game was better paced and more consistently fun than Uncharted 4. It was the perfect length for me and there were never any dry spots that felt like they dragged on. The chemistry and writing for Chloe, Nadine and Sam was golden aswell. These 3 hold the entire game up with the amount of charisma they have. It was really enjoyable having Sam Drake come back too. Also hearing them talk about Nate was cool aswell. The puzzles in this game might be the best Uncharted puzzles of all time as they aren't annoying or undoable like in the other games. Asav was a good villain and the story is your standard Uncharted story. The environments of India were jow dropping. Like they were so pretty to look at. Last but not least the grapple hook is even better here and you ride an elephant so it get's a bonus point for that.

My only issue with it is that Chloe and Nadine are partners at the beginning but it's never really revealed how they became partners. Nadine is for some reason a hero now out of nowhere. And I guess there not being much new stuff could be a flaw but it wasn't for me. So overall I'd give the game a 9/10.

If this is where the series ends and Sony doesn't make anymore, then I say the Uncharted series ended beautifully on a high note and I'm glad it went out like this.
Yep, maybe the second best Uncharted game. Shooting felt better, game looked beautiful and Chloe is awesome.
It's a Marvel what Naughty Dog did here in such a short time.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the most fun (if not THE most) the series has to offer. I put it alongside Uncharted 2 with Uncharted 4 lonely at the top.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely up there with 2 and 4 as best in the series.
I'd like it more if the characters would ever STFU for five seconds. Exploring, fighting, cut scenes, driving... doesn't matter, they're just jabbering non-stop.

I love it. Great characters and the banter in Uncharted games is always superb.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that they didn't include Nadine as a hero in the mp as well

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I felt like the exploration segment was kind of padded and unnecessary but otherwise I enjoyed it immensely.

chloe and Nadine the OTP

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is fantastic. Probably the best Uncharted game.

I go back and forth between it and 4.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Just finished the 1-3 remastering the other week, should go through this again as it's up there with 2 & 4.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't finish The Lost Legacy. I enjoyed the very beginning of it with the wonderful array of colors when jumping from building to building. But as soon as Chloe and Nadine get to the wide open area to collect some treasures at six or seven points around the map, I became very bored. Once I collected the last item needed to open the gate that leads to who knows where, I stopped the game. I checked out and couldn't continue anymore.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I didn´t like it at all and it was the only Uncharted game I played.

I wrote some impressions on it some days ago. The shooting sections became tedious and unrewarding quickly to the point I thought of them as a way of breaking the peace and those parts I wanted to end as soon as possible the moment they appeared. Also, the game was more interested of showing me how beautiful the landscapes were, with those camera pannings when I arrived at some high place and the protagonists themselves even saying how beautiful the views were while taking the control out of my hands, than proposing me interesting gameplay mechanics or challenges. I ended feeling in those setpices that the game was playing itself instead of me doing it, which takes out the reward of the experience.

Also, the protagonists... they won't shut their mouth for more than 10 seconds. It ended being really annoying, even more because the dialogue was really really C tier movie quality. It's like the game was trying to remember you constantly how you should feel at every moment. It just doesn't play itself for some parts... it tells you, directly, how you should feel.

There is this long rope jump at the big statues at the two hour mark or so of the game with the waterfall at your back. It's pretty much an authomatic jump where you just need to press a shoulder buttom the moment it appears on screen. It's like the 20th jump you make like that in those first two hours of the game and it's starting to wear off because at the end is just a glorified quick time event of pressing a prompt buttom (a mechanic as shallow as it can exists). The dialogue between the two protagonists goes like this:

Nadine: You having fun out there?
Chloe: You know it!
Chloe: Wooo! Amazing!!
Nadine: Wooooo!
Chloe: Fun right?
Nadin: That's the craziest thing I ever done!

IT'S REALLY BAD. It's like the game it's constantly trying to tell you, in your face, how fun it is instead of proving it with something more exciting than a buttom prompt. When you are not having fun because of how shallow some mechanichs are, the last thing you want to hear is the game telling you how fun that is.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah it was such a fun experience and now I just want to jump back into Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy and replay them.