• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
For the games, sure...

But once you start making a movie, the rules change. It's not a complete copy of Indiana Jones, but their is more than enough to assume that the games are highly reminiscent of the franchise. If what is produced seems to too similar to Indie, which if taking inspiration for the games, it might, then Sony it just going to have to deal with Disney coming after them. And that is not pretty.

Tomb Raider is Indiana Jones and another one of those just came out not too long ago.

I wonder what is causing the directors to bounce. Are they wanting to do their own thing and Sony/Naughty Dog is telling them no? Are they having trouble getting everything they need (Cast, location etc) in a timely fashion and the directors bail for other projects that are actually taking place?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just give the people who made the fan film with Nathan Fillion $50 million.
It's insane how the creators of the game say they were inspired by Nathan Fillion, how fans spent years saying he'd be a natural choice for an Uncharted movie, and then they made a fan film with Nathan Fillion that every fan of the games - including the developers themselves - praised for being fun and authentic to the series.

... How big of a sign do you need that this should be a thing with Nathan Fillion?!

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Obvious answer: let Hideo Kojima direct it. Boom, you got Uncharted and also your "auteur" happy for letting him waste 150M and 3 years of work.
It might make a movie so crazy I'd pay to see it.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Premise is kinda lame, no one cares about young Drake and Sully.

Casting has been shit too.

Just let it die.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I don't blame people for dropping a video game adaptations. For Uncharted, you're adapting series known for its big budget visuals and insane set pieces, and it's hard to capture that "I can't believe that was playable" hook in a non-interactive live action medium. It feels inevitable that you'd make something inferior to the original. I'm not sure if the characters and stories are strong enough to carry a movie either. They were written to be the filler between the actual draws of the games. Set-pieces, art direction, and game design first, and script comes after to try and weave it all together. Movies don't work that way, trying to push that stuff to the foreground would probably just make it come off like a cheap 90s or 2000s TV show, or that Sahara movie. I don't think it's going to be worth anyone's time.

Oct 25, 2017
I can honestly only think of one good fit
44485.jpg

FuddyDuddy

Nov 4, 2019
I forgot this movie existed. I just don't see any reason for this to happen other than to make money off Tom Holland hype.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At this point, Uncharted 5 will be announced, finished and released before the movie ever come out

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
In what way does one of the largest media corperations on the planet, over look a movie that seems to be steeped in it's IP (Indie went with the lucasarts deal, so yes you would be dealing with Disney). I don't expect Disney to overlook that (and they have not in the past), and that has to have Sony worried at least a little.
Uncharted is more National Treasure than Indiana Jones and i am pretty sure nobody owns the rights to adventure movies.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
At this point the whole project has lurched from one embarrassment to another. The idea that a 'scheduling conflict' could derail this when the film that's supposedly derailing it is also from Sony is ludicrous.

I'm willing to bet that this came down to Travis' getting fed up (as countless others have) and bailing or Sony just getting cold feet about their 'young Drake' take on the material post the Charlie's Angels debacle and just shelved the whole thing.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least the longer they take, the more age appropriate Holland is going to be for this role.

Oct 27, 2017
Young Drake is such a lame fucking idea anyway.

Who looks at Uncharted as a property, says "that would make a fun action adventure movie", and decides "let's focus on those short flashbacks when he's a teenager". What Uncharted fan wants that version of the story as a whole film?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time to get Scorsese to direct to show that videogame films are far superior to comicbook films

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever this does manage to come out, I feel like it's going to be a Last Guardian situation and everyone will have given up hope before it gets announced

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I mean National Treasure 3 has trouble getting made after two successful entries, I doubt Uncharted gets made.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those movies that are mandated by studio executives and will have a 29% on Rotten Tomatoes

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
This has to be a joke. This whole Uncharted movie thing was started back in 2010 right?

The same goes to Gears of War movie.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What a weird hill to die on. Tom Holland wouldn't be in my top 100 picks for Nathan Drake.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Well, there goes another chance of debut trailer & official introduction of PlayStation Productions at E3 2020 maybe...