• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Some of the entitlement in this thread is nauseating.

The upgrades are really meagre and delisting the originals completely sucks though.

We'll see if anything changes.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
So if I started collecting trophies on PS4 and want to get the PS4 platinum trophy, I'm screwed right? I need to finish the shitty 30fps version to get all PS4 trophies?

I don't even care about the $10, but this is bullshit. Why can't there be a shared trophy list? This wouldn't be a problem if there was a free patch instead.
Yup, gonna have to deal with this BS too. Their terrible language implies a already existing performance mode but their press releases are usually filled with weird shit like that anyway. Was hoping to do Crushing on 60 fps but oh well :/

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
I know this is a weird question, but the PS+ ownership of a game doesn't overwrite any other ownership (say physical) of the game right? I own Uncharted 4 on disc, but also redeemed the PS+ version, am i going to be fine?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
If I purchased Lost Legacy with money but have uncharted 4 from ps+ can I get the $10 upgrade?

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
I love Lost Legacy and have been meaning to do a second play-through, so now I'll just wait for this upgrade, which I wish was free but 10.00 isn't going to be a deal breaker for me.

Oct 6, 2020
Is this exciting for those who have already been through the series? Even with the performance bump (which I'm usually a sucker for), I don't see much incentive for this one. Even for $10. The gameplay is so static

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Er, I'm confused. I own both Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy on disc, but also redeemed UC4 on PS+ (to have a digital version). Does this mean I can't get the upgrade, just because I redeemed something that is part of my paid subscription??

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Price is fine. Even the physical version is £39.85 in the UK, somewhat respectable for a PS5 release and will probably get price slashed pretty quickly.

1080/120fps is actually insane, but i'm more disappointed at the 1440p/60 mode, assuming they haven't improved anything visually.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
You are giving engineering problems as a reason to excuse business practices. I am an engineer. I will be laughed out of the room by my stakeholders if I said a business requirement was not possible because of engineering reasons or tech debt. Thats what I am paid to solve

The long and short of this is Sony doesnt care enough that this is a problem. And maybe they are right. Maybe they will fix it with Spartacus where they get rid of these entitlement nonsense and get a sane SKU strategy fit for the 21st century

But for someone like me, who has a Sony PS5 Digital, one of the attractions was the PS Plus collection as I was entering into the Sony ecosystem. In addition to that I got Demon's Souls, R&C, GoT and Spider Man to flesh out my Sony experience

Now Sony says, guess what, that incentive we gave you to buy a PS5 is not actually a real SKU. If you want to experience this game as we now intend on the PS5, you have to pay whatever number of dollars on the PSN store rather than the upgrade path we offer to anyone who else who has a disc machine or anyone who actually 'bought' the game (which also excludes the millions of PS4 owners who upgraded to PS5 but only have the PS+ version of this game.)

Holy shit you're angry lol calm down. Yes, you're right, TLDR: Corporation wants to maximize its profits and doesn't have the desire to engineer a solution. 🤷

For me, it just means I would be insane to give Sony much of my gaming budget because I have the luxury to give it to companies who take better care of their platform and their customers long term. The PS5 can be an exclusives machine

This is the right attitude tbh, especially if you're brand new to the ecosystem. Play the exclusives that interest you, and that's it. 👍

Apr 19, 2018
So for disc owners of either A Thief's End or Lost Legacy, I'm guessing you'll still be required to have the disc inserted to boot up the Legacy of Thieves upgrade?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Ps5 Performance mode wording sound like ps4 will be getting a 60fps but same graphics setup ie 1440p etc and it will be the same on ps5. Disappointing since ps5 can push 120fps in 1080p.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I own Uncharted 4 but not Lost Legacy. Will I be able to upgrade just for the Uncharted 4 PS5 version or will I be blocked out since I don't have Lost Legacy.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Pretty underwhelming "remaster", to be quite honest. Certainly not worth rebuying any of these titles or paying for the "upgrade fee".

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last time I played this game, it was at 1080p on an LCD panel, playing this now in HDR on an OLED is going to be a treat

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will gladly upgrade my UC4 disc, I never got around to buying Lost Legacy so that's a no brainer purchase. I don't think that ever went lower than $10 anyway, glad I slept on it lol

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Is the $10 deal live yet?

The PS5 OS is f'ing dumb. And if you own a game both digitally and on disc, those are separate installations, but you can only have one installed at a time. That means I had the PS+ version installed, but I just deleted it so I can switch back to using the disc version, since that'll be upgradable.

I had UC4 installed and had been playing through on my PS5. So this sucks to wait a bit for launch.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Is the $10 deal live yet?

The PS5 OS is f'ing dumb. And if you own a game both digitally and on disc, those are separate installations, but you can only have one installed at a time. That means I had the PS+ version installed, but I just deleted it so I can switch back to using the disc version, since that'll be upgradable.

I had UC4 installed and had been playing through on my PS5. So this sucks to wait a bit for launch.
No wont be live until launch

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm confused about this... is the 1440p 60fps performance mode something that was already available on PS4 Pro? Meaning the PS Plus version of Uncharted 4 I own will already do 1440p 60fps?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Wish I held off on Lost Legacy. This would've easily been worth it if I hadn't played it yet, and I just bought it like a yr or so ago

Yea, I think for newcomers or first time Lost Legacy players, it's probably a good value, but if you've played both of these games, the improvements are pretty minimal so I don't see a reason to shell out the cash to play them again. (imo, of course)

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I wonder if they'll give shadow and motion blur quality a boost. They were the only blemishes on otherwise completely stable, clean and consistent looking games.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Seems that they removed the mention of a "PS4 Perofrmance patch" from the blog now, instaed it just says:
  • Performance Mode – Performance Mode targets a 60 FPS frame rate.
This has been so weird.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I'm confused about this... is the 1440p 60fps performance mode something that was already available on PS4 Pro? Meaning the PS Plus version of Uncharted 4 I own will already do 1440p 60fps?
There is likely a patch coming for the game, similar to what the last of us part 2 already has, so a 60 fps 1440p mode. So even if you don't own this collection, you can still play the game at 60 fps.

That's what their description sounds like anyways, because there is no 60 fps mode on PS4 as of right now.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Oh okay, $10 for 60 FPS and faster loading is enough for me, love both of these games

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if they're still working on the PC version or it's more or less ready and Sony is deliberately staggering the releases. Guessing they don't want to risk cannibalizing either the Uncharted 4 PS5 sales or GoW PC sales in January.