• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Are the graphical settings atleast increased for this port?? It'd be really shitty if we just got the bare minimum

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So performance mode is upscaled 1440p

PS5™ features

• DualSense™ Wireless Controller features: Feel the action unfold with the DualSense™ wireless controller's haptic feedback through punches, vaults and vehicular traversal. Experience the tension in rope swings via dynamic adaptive triggers.
  • Fast Loading: Jump back into the adventure quickly with the PS5 console's Ultra-High Speed SSD and near-instant load times.
  • 3D Audio: Hear the world of UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection come to life around you with 3D Audio.[SUP]1[/SUP]
  • Fidelity Mode: Play in a super sharp native 4K resolution with a 30fps target framerate.[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Performance Mode: Play with a smooth 60fps target framerate.
    • 4K-TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution.
    • 1080p HD-TV players will experience a 1080p resolution supersampled from a 1440p base with improved anti-aliasing.
  • Performance+ Mode: Play with a high impact 120fps target framerate[SUP] 3[/SUP] and a 1080p resolution.

www.playstation.com

UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Are you ready to seek your fortune

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I assume that I have the Physical edition of Uncharted 4 and the physical edition of Lost Legacy I only need to pay $10 once.

I don't mind paying the $10,I just call it the Duelsence and Haptic Feedback tax.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I need one more thing to put me over the edge on this.

$10 to get upgraded versions of two great games seems fair to me. I'm big on dual sense implementation, plus the improved audio and load times are cool, but I was just assuming 4K 60 was part of the deal. 120hz is cool, though.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I guess most of us were not expecting a $10 upgrade. Good shit ND

www.resetera.com

Am I going to have to pay $10 to get 60fps Uncharted 4 on PS5?

I’ve been replaying the Uncharted series on PS5 and they’ve all run super smooth but I noticed that Uncharted 4 was running kinda weird and after looking it up I realized it’s because it runs at a locked 30fps on there. So do we think ND is going to unlock the frame rate once the new one is out...

Protagonist

Sep 13, 2021
Sony has the weirdest upgrade paths. Removing the individual games from PSN and only having the bundle with both games available is something that feels strange to me. Same with the way they handled Spider-Man remastered.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Wooop! £10 upgrade is sweet, will wait for the physical to drop in price before copping that one

I have played UC4 6 times (I wish I was joking) and played the game almost 3 weeks early thanks to that UK heist that happened prior to the game's release lol so this game and series means a lot to me.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, outside of giving the upgrade away for free, I don't really have any complaints with this. If you really want to deal hunt, you can maybe find a digital code for them since I think at least Lost Legacy was available in a bundle at some point. You can definitely get a deal on a disc copy of either at this point too. But 10 dollars for both titles to anyone that owns a PS4 copy of either? That seems pretty generous to me.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I have no issues paying $10 since I owned both. It would have been nice to get PS5 upgrades applied to the digital versions as it would more convenient for me.

What I don't understand is the fact for the Collection, they couldn't get this last game running at 4K/60 FPS? Did Sony/ND have another studio work on this?

Det

Jul 30, 2020
You see the people hyped to pay $10 for this? It's why Sony will continue to charge for these pitiful upgrades.

The value prop is very different depending on each scenario, which is bizarre. I bought Lost Legacy for $10, so this $10 upgrade nets me both "next gen versions" for $20 all up. Which is great in my situation. Not so much for others.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Let's see.

First people got mad thinking this was going to be 70 dollars
then people we saying they weren't going to have an kind of upgrade path
now people are complaining its 10 dollars to upgrade and if they got the game as part of a collection with the sub.

Meanwhile you only need to own one of the games to upgrade to this collection. or you know just ignore the upgrades since there will be a shit ton of games to play within a month of this releasing and you can get it for dirt cheap In some Black Friday sale.

Never change era. Never change.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty lousy deal, 60FPS should have been a free patch. Xbox has been knocking free performance patches out of the park so far, while Sony... seems far more hit and miss. Id like to replay the games at 60FPS, dont really feel all that incentivised to pay for it though.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Weak proposal in all fronts; the upgrade path is welcome, at least, for whoever cares about the improvements (though when others have done more for free, it's hard to praise them for giving you the choice to pay again).

Whatever that high-performance patch is, it's time to talk about it.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

I’ve been replaying the Uncharted series on PS5 and they’ve all run super smooth but I noticed that Uncharted 4 was running kinda weird and after looking it up I realized it’s because it runs at a locked 30fps on there. So do we think ND is going to unlock the frame rate once the new one is out...
What? 71% said they expected to have to pay $10 to upgrade. And the other 29% likely expected a free upgrade.

So I have no idea what you're talking about lol

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only have Uncharter 4. If I pay for the upgrade path I'll receive both Uncharted 4 and TLL?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
The value prop is very different depending on each scenario, which is bizarre. I bought Lost Legacy for $10, so this $10 upgrade nets me both "next gen versions" for $20 all up. Which is great in my situation. Not so much for others.
Dude, a full freaking Raytracing and performance modes patch for Hell Blade for free. Can I pay $10, easily, but let's stop acting like Sony is doing us favor.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017

www.resetera.com

yeah this is a fun read with how everyone was so sure with their full price takes and all.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Sure, a free patch would have been better, but I'm fine with paying 10 bucks for the upgrade. I still have both of my physical copies for U4 and LL, glad I kept them around. As a new owner of an OLED screen, I'm sure LL in particular will wow me once again. Can't wait!

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

That first page is brutal.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
I only have Uncharter 4. If o pay for the upgrade path I'll receive both Uncharted 4 and TLL?
Don't think so. This is in the pricing section: "Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital versions."

If they are going to make you insert either disc to play the game, they aren't going to give you a copy of the other game. You pay $10 to upgrade both games, but sounds like you need to own both in some form or another.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty disappointing that it's only 1440p in performance mode. A lot of other PS4 games got the 4K/60FPS treatment. I wonder why they could not hit that target. Do we know what kind of upscaling technique ND uses?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I'd rather have a free upgrade too, especially if it's just a resolution and framerate bump, but I mean, they still gotta do extra work, devote time and resources, so $10 doesn't sound unreasonable.

However they should def add an unlocked framerate option to the PS4 versions for free, since the PS5 can brute force it.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate that they never added or improved any graphical features. Would have liked to see some of the level of upgrades that Spiderman Remastered got on day one of the PS5 launch. Improved textures, lighting, hair tech, level of detail, ray traced reflections. These are the types of things we should have gotten.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Nov 14, 2017

www.resetera.com

Hey! My thread :)

I feel like I'm required to pay the $10 since I asked the question but if a free BC patch comes out for 1440/60 then I might just stick with that. The fidelity of those games still looks great it's just the FPS that was bothering me.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Don't think so. This is in the pricing section: "Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital versions."

If they are going to make you insert either disc to play the game, they aren't going to give you a copy of the other game. You pay $10 to upgrade both games, but sounds like you need to own both in some form or another.

Not necessarily, they only use the disc to check ownership.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
$10 is better than I expected.

Bruh I know it's different engines but Death Stranding and GoT both ran at 4K60
Death Stranding has frame drops in 4K mode:

DigitalFoundry said:
Cutscenes and combat can see frame-rates drop from 60fps, mostly into the mid-50s but also into the high 40s too. I'd consider this to be a great option for variable refresh rate display support, if and when this function comes to PlayStation 5.
www.eurogamer.net

Death Stranding: Director's Cut - a beautifully tailored PS5 experience

One of more original games of the last generation, Death Standing's focus on traversal and delivery over combat was a w…

PS5, XSX are only about 2- 2.5x more powerful than the PS4 Pro | XOX. So running a 1080p30 game on PS4 -> 4K60 on PS5 is not quite a given.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Uncharted 4 has been a plus and the collection, so I won't if both versions are not eligible for the upgrade.

Because the collection isn't tied to your plus subscription.

Also is a 60 fps patch coming as well for regular ps4 version?

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
How does this upgrade work if I had a physical disc of UC4 but have a Digital Edition PS5?