• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020

Besides the graphics, all of important PS5 only features,

- DualSense™ Wireless Controller features: Feel the action unfold with the DualSense™ wireless controller's haptic feedback through punches, vaults and vehicular traversal. Experience the tension in rope swings via dynamic adaptive triggers.

- Fast Loading: Jump back into the adventure quickly with the PS5 console's Ultra-High Speed SSD and near-instant load times.

- 3D Audio: Hear the world of UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection come to life around you with 3D Audio.

- Fidelity Mode: Play in a super sharp native 4K resolution with a 30fps target framerate.

- Performance Mode: Play with a smooth 60fps target framerate.
4K-TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution.
1080p HD-TV players will experience a 1080p resolution supersampled from a 1440p base with improved anti-aliasing.

- Performance+ Mode: Play with a high impact 120fps target framerate and a 1080p resolution.

www.youtube.com

Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Remastered Vs Original Graphics Comparison 4K

In this Video we are compare the UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection the Remastered Version vs Original that released on PS4. Share your thoughts, leave ...

Last edited:

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
This dude just ripped the YouTube trailer and spliced together other ripped YouTube videos. How about we wait until like Tuesday when the embargo ends. I'm sure plenty of people who played Uc collection 2 will have more in depth comparisons on YouTube

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I though this was going to be 4K60 by default and not 1440P60?

At-least there is a 120fps mode but that feels like it should be 1440p and not 1080p.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This dude just ripped the YouTube trailer and spliced together other ripped YouTube videos. How about we wait until like Tuesday when the embargo ends. I'm sure plenty of people who played Uc collection 2 will have more in depth comparisons on YouTube
Ugh, I hate people who do that.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
The updates to Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy should be free to the people who already own them. It's like a next gen patch :/

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I'll wait to get this, but paying for a 60FPS mode with no Multiplayer is just a kick in the nads.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing "remastered" there is the rendering resolution.

At least they are coming to PC which will hopefully make such "remasters" free in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's great that it's coming to the PC, but for PS5 owners, there doesn't seem to be an awful lot there that couldn't be covered by a patch to the PS4 version.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
fc093cd27c26f09d4be0e4a044c9c343c124fd89.jpg

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It's a good idea though tbf. For sure we should still wait for a proper comparison but still

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
120 fps mode is enticing tbh. That would honestly go a longer way in making the game look better than real 4K

Should've brought back multi tho

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's great that it's coming to the PC, but for PS5 owners, there doesn't seem to be an awful lot there that couldn't be covered by a patch to the PS4 version.
Just another Sony money grab, for the players..... Minimal effort, change money for it. Since the pc release is months away, hopefully allot more effort will be put into it.

Same company that finally relented on free HFW upgrade for ps4 to Ps5 after a ton of complaints, but hides this fact and still makes it seem like you need the special edition to have access to both.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
1440p for performance mode is a joke. Seeing how they patch tlou2 to run at 60fps, the same engine that pushes everything harder in BC mode. 1620p base line with dynamic res would have been a lot better with some sort of TAAU. I sure hope they can at least max out the AF unlike ghost of tsushima.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
whoever's first gets the clicks tho.

this is how everything works.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I haven't gotten around to these games yet but idk I'll probably just stick with the PS4 versions I bought years ago. Unless there's some kind of cheap upgrade option, then I'll take that.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand why people think compressed YouTube footage is a good way to show these differences, nor why they can't even be arsed to normalize the display settings (original has clearly higher brightness than remastered in this comparison).

EDIT: It is unclear what PS4 modes (regular or pro) and PS5 modes (fidelity, performance, or performance+) they are comparing here. It though looks like merely a resolution bump to me, some extra detail resolved by higher internal screen resolution.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
User warned: Lazy dev rhetoric
Lazy ass remaster. Not paying for the same resolution as the PS4 Pro version on the PS5 for 30 more frames a second. That's all they could squeeze out of this machine?

Pathetic.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Uhhhh... so the biggest difference (graphically) is that it's at 60fps now? That should be a patch. If people want to spend money for the other features then by all means, but for me the biggest difference is the frame rate.

There should be a 60fps patch for these games.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dual sense will be by far the biggest difference, I seriously can't tell the difference in graphics besides FPS boost

and no VRR makes 120FPS pointless

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Can't help but feel like this is a bit half-assed and not at all taking advantage of the PS5's hardware. Looks basically the same, running at the same resolution as PS4 Pro, but at 60 FPS. We got the same thing for free with TLoU2.

I'll have to look into that, then. Does it need to register both games on your account or something?

It sounds like you only need to have one of them to get the $10 upgrade, which includes both games.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
While fast loading and dual sense stuff is all well and nice... cant see me paying for this... I only wanted the original games with 60FPS, and many other games have done this for free, Sony feels the need to hold the performance boost hostage with a paid upgrade. No thanks... I have enough to play (especially with Feb and beyond fast approaching) that I wont reward Sony/ND for this bare bones effort.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
$10 upgrade for all those "exciting" feature
guess GoT Ps5 version sold quite well so Sony is pulling this shit again

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
??? It should be a 10$ upgrade.
Sony is trying to trick people into buying the remaster. I also have TLL digitally, but if I go to my library, an icon for the remaster instead of the standalone TLL appears, and it seems like a distracted user would purchase the upgrade accidentally.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Replayed Lost Legacy recently but it's been a while since I played Uncharted 4. Will definitely play it before Horizon 2 come out.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I think $10 is fine for this but I'm just not itching to replay Uncharted 4 anytime soon. It's been 5 years but I just remember it dragging on and on. Lost Legacy I preferred for certain since it truly didn't overstay its welcome.

Level 7 Boss

Jun 19, 2018
I've been meaning to replay both of these, although with my backlog I'm probably never get round to it.

It's a lazy upgrade and i fear that I'll be part of the problem by purchasing it for the load times and 60fps but I know I should resist.

Oct 25, 2017
??? It should be a 10$ upgrade.

They upgraded anyone who owned either digitally to a PS4 bundle which includes both. It's a $10 upgrade from that new bundle to the PS5 version.

They clearly wanted a "new" game to coincide with the Uncharted movie's release, why this is a boxed game without many improvements.

No multiplayer I assume because they aren't going to revitalize a multiplayer mode the same year as Factions is supposed to come out.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is premature. Just wait until it's actually out at the end of the week to do comparisons.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can see the framerate improve in some places but aside from some minor lighting differences the two look the same for resolution