• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Can't wait to see the breakdown of these games. UC4 is 6 years old this year, but it's about to be one of the best looking games of 2022.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
With that said, I doubt a game of that visual quality is possible at 4K60 on PS5, tbh, magic or not. It may be a mid-2016 game, but, honestly, graphics hasn't advanced that much since those games came out. Uncharted and God of War are still among the most spectacular games I've seen, visually.

And how does GOW run on PS5? Exactly.

I don't think, at all, that it would be too crazy to expect at least a 1800p window or checkerboard 4K here. It's not like 4k60 games don't exist, yes most newer ones only get like 1440p or 1800p when they combine with 60, but like I said, this is a 2016 game that already run in 1440p30, I don't think it's too crazy to expect this here. TLOU2 also runs in 1440p 60 now and it's a much newer game and only PS5 enhanced and if I'm not wrong, the unpatched 1.0 version of GOW on PS5 already runs in 4K60, so for a brand new port of this 6 year old game, I stay with it, only 1440p60 (instead of at least 1800p checkerboard) is disappointing. 🤷‍♂️

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Sure didn't expect to come into this thread and see slander against the older Uncharted games which are all acclaimed and still quite modern. Uncharted 2 is still one of the greatest games ever made.

"No one wants to play those now." Some mad ass Jim Ryan energy.
You'd think they were from the PS1 era going on some of what's being said in here.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
And how does GOW run on PS5? Exactly.

I don't think, at all, that it would be too crazy to expect at least a 1800p window or checkerboard 4K here. It's not like 4k60 games don't exist, yes most newer ones only get like 1440p or 1800p when they combine with 60, but like I said, this is a 2016 game that already run in 1440p30, I don't think it's too crazy to expect this here. TLOU2 also runs in 1440p 60 now and it's a much newer game and only PS5 enhanced and if I'm not wrong, the unpatched 1.0 version of GOW on PS5 already runs in 4K60, so for a brand new port of this 6 year old game, I stay with it, only 1440p60 (instead of at least 1800p checkerboard) is disappointing. 🤷‍♂️

Sure, if 360p difference is something to be disappointed about…. I get what you're saying but I'm still happy I'll get to play it at 60fps and with haptics. Perhaps I'm easily satisfied. As I said, a lot of people here are almost looking for things to be disappointed about. We don't even know if UC is coming with some additional enhancements.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Only played UC1 and 2, worth playing 3 in order to play these?
Absolutely. 3 is my favorite of the PS3 games. It's a bit shorter than Uncharted 2, which I felt was a bit long in the tooth, and has some of the best storytelling and action of the entire series. Absolutely play it.

Villa

Oct 28, 2017
How does the Nathan Drake collection run on PS5? I haven't played any uncharted game before and once I finally find a PS5 I'd like to play through the series in order.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
For 10 bucks Ghost of Tsushima offering 4K/60 (and more) and this is just straight 1440p/60 is a lame "movie bundle" effort. This is just the perfect time period for a replay while we wait for february but will wait for the PC version.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Self proclaimed drivey-by:
All of the Uncharted games rule.
Except the first.
It is just not enjoyable anymore.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
For 10 bucks Ghost of Tsushima offering 4K/60 (and more) and this is just straight 1440p/60 is a lame "movie bundle" effort. This is just the perfect time period for a replay while we wait for february but will wait for the PC version.
As is unfortunately becoming the norm with these upgrades, I suspect the PC version will get a lot more attention than the PS5 version which usually gets haptics, 3D audio and an unlocked framerate with little/no visual enhancements or just a back compat patch

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Self proclaimed drivey-by:
All of the Uncharted games rule.
Except the first.
It is just not enjoyable anymore.

1-B54-BA13-1755-4-D59-82-E4-5-A844-DF036-DE.jpg

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
As is unfortunately becoming the norm with these upgrades, I suspect the PC version will get a lot more attention than the PS5 version which usually gets haptics, 3D audio and an unlocked framerate with little/no visual enhancements or just a back compat patch

FWIW dualsense does work on PC including adaptive trigger stuff, games like Far Cry 6 have them though you likely need to be plugged in with usb to get them to work correctly. Not sure how they'd translate the 3d audio, is Tempest a hardware limited thing to PS5 only? If not I suppose they can release software or drivers on PC to enable it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
FWIW dualsense does work on PC including adaptive trigger stuff, games like Far Cry 6 have them though you likely need to be plugged in with usb to get them to work correctly. Not sure how they'd translate the 3d audio, is Tempest a hardware limited thing to PS5 only? If not I suppose they can release software or drivers on PC to enable it.
Uncharted 4 was one of the first games to support 3d Audio on PS4 (with the platinum headset) so it can probably work fine on PC

Doubt this 3d audio implementation is going to be anything special in this case. I really liked it on GOT though

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
UC3 is such a mess story wise. I don't think it registered with me the first time playing through it back in the day. I played it last year and was surprised how poor the story telling was especially compared to 4 and LL.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, if 360p difference is something to be disappointed about…. I get what you're saying but I'm still happy I'll get to play it at 60fps and with haptics. Perhaps I'm easily satisfied. As I said, a lot of people here are almost looking for things to be disappointed about. We don't even know if UC is coming with some additional enhancements.
When sony decides to ask for money for their upgrades it kind of puts a higher expectation on it. From the trailers this looks identical in lighting, textures etc.

Grunge Hamster

alt account
Banned
Dec 1, 2021
Based on the Tom Holland movie? 😳
I guess they didn't pay to use his likeness... Dude in the trailer looks in his thirties.

Oct 28, 2017
UC3 is such a mess story wise. I don't think it registered with me the first time playing through it back in the day. I played it last year and was surprised how poor the story telling was especially compared to 4 and LL.
I think the game is great and has memorable set pieces (the reason for the story's problems as we know), but the story is straight up hot garbage. Nothing makes any sense.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I forgot that this wasn't coming to PC on the same day, hopefully when the PC version is out, it has support for dual sense, 3D audio, and PC features like DLSS.

The graphics on PS5 doesn't seem to have changed much, looks like better shadows, and better texture filtering.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
That just links to a generic data transfer page
I was going to say the same thing, haha. I looked all over that page and there was really no specific information for save data transferring corresponding to a PS4 -> PS5 game upgrade path. Not that I'm unfamiliar with the general process, but I was curious what the FAQ said.

I'm wondering what the trophy list for this looks like. Could it be two separate games / two separate trophy lists? Or, perhaps one game/trophy list entry for the collection with the trophies for each game grouped under that one entry?

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say the same thing, haha. I looked all over that page and there was really no specific information for save data transferring corresponding to a PS4 -> PS5 game upgrade path. Not that I'm unfamiliar with the general process, but I was curious what the FAQ said.

I'm wondering what the trophy list for this looks like. Could it be two separate games / two separate trophy lists? Or, perhaps one game/trophy list entry for the collection with the trophies for each game grouped under that one entry?
Was it Ghost of Tsushima that just needed the PS4 save on the console and the PS5 version could detect it?

Maybe it's alluding to that?