• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRatedD

Apr 15, 2018
Fantastic game. I got the PS3 bundle with Uncharted and Pain, and absolutely loved that stuff. Also glad I got the 160GB PS3, cuz my hard drive would have filled up quickly with the 80GB model.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
A little rough around the edges, but you could see the potential even then. I fell in love with the characters almost immediately.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
This game's release is where the PS3's library really started to shine and ultimately put Sony's World Wide Studios pretty much ahead of anyone… soooo many great WWS games came after this.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Oh!! Great memories!!!
game that make me feel that I was watching a incredible fun adventure movie!!!
this game make me a huge fan of naughty dog and their cinematic style!

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So cool. I remember when it was a plucky upstart franchise. It wasn't perfect, but I really liked it, felt like Tomb Raider + Indiana Jones, and I was all about it.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The last "good" quality game ND made. Everything after this has been goty material which is crazy.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand the hate this game gets. Yes, the sequels polished up a lot but that doesn't make it bad. Probably still my favorite entry after 2.

I hate what Bluepoint did to it in the remaster tho, putting the UC3 models.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
13 years ? Jeeeeeesus...
Loved this game to death when it released. Even if it was inconsistent, I was really impressed with it visually and I immediately loved the characters.

From this to Uncharted 4, what a great serie this has been.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Even tho I was excited for this before, I ended up buying UC2 first... then UC3 lol. I dunno why. Maybe because by the time I got a PS3 the visuals looked like trash compared to 2 and I was a graphic whore.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Such a great series. Uncharted 1 may not hold up mechanically but I still love it as the foundation for the those three main characters. Such a fun cast.

Also am I the only one who can't listen to Brother's Keeper without repeating Rafe's speech in my mind every time it I heart it start up?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I still remember poring over shots of this in Game Informer when it was first unveiled formally there (after the initial trailer, at which point it didn't even have a title IIRC). This was before they modified Elena's design. I recall being particularly stoked reading about the Die Hard influences.

Simpler times!

4bcd958ea9673_133481n.jpg

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I still remember poring over shots of this in Game Informer when it was first unveiled formally there (after the initial trailer, at which point it didn't even have a title IIRC). This was before they modified Elena's design.

Simpler times!

4bcd958ea9673_133481n.jpg

Oh man, I had purged the memory that Elena was conceived as a brunette! I have often wondered if that was a way to hearken back to Tomb Raider. Well, in the end, we did get a biracial aussie brunette-

The start of the downfall of ND imo

Yes, yes, the reality clearly reflects that. /s

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I remember going to a Blockbuster with some friends. One took a game from the shelf and said "look, it's made by Naughty Dogs, they make good games", so we rented it.

Oh god I loved U1. I still like it more over 2 and 3. Such a great series.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
This game and Ratchet was my introduction to console gaming since i had just purchased a PS3 when they launched. Great times. I replayed Uncharted 1 quite a few times since then i still love it. Uncharted 1 and 2 are without doubt my favourites in the franchise.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
I played it for the first time just a few weeks ago and... it is one of the worst games I have ever played. The level design is extremely boring, basically just one shooting gallery after another, with tiresome waves of super boring enemies. Very slow controls, even slower pacing of the shooting sections, totally worthless climbing sections without any direction and on top of that a bunch of cliché characters that couldn't possibly be more cliché.

Story and gameplay match pretty badly and I think this game also takes the crown for the single worst designed scene I have ever played: There is a climbing section near a waterfall around the middle of the game where an enemy drives in with a car at a distance. On his car is a red barrel. To continue the player needs to shoote the barrel so that the car flies at an inconceivable trajectory towards the player, forming a temporary bridge. This is the epitome of a design where the designers did not think "what would make sense mechanically here", but instead always just thought "what could be the next cool boom moment".

I think Uncharted is the worst game Naughy Dog have made until that point and I really cannot see what people see in this game.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
Second game I bought for my PS3 after getting Killzone 2 with my console. I absolutely loved the game when I played it, and it was a complete surprise to me because I was 16 at the time and I really hadn't followed the PS3 news since I had a 360 for a few years before that, I then played Uncharted 6 months later when it released and the series became my favorite of all time, with Uncharted 2 being my favorite game ever, dethroning Zelda Ocarina. Uncharted along with Sony's other games are what switched me from 360 to PS3 by the later years of that generation.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still has the best story and best adventure. After 1, Drake unfortunately became a globetrotter.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like the game at launch, Uncharted 2 made me retroactively like it. But man, what a timebomb that game was. I couldn't personally see it at its launch, but it changed the industry so damn much. Project Big indeed.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would like an uncharted 5... but not until next generation. And i want the character from the end of 4 to be the main protagonist.

Dec 2, 2017
I remember wanting a new game for my new PS3, desperately wanting Call of duty 4. But it was sold out, so I had to get uncharted because there was nothing else, and being really mad about it. Changed my mind pretty fast. Also the first big PS3 game to get a trophy patch!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I played it for the first time just a few weeks ago and... it is one of the worst games I have ever played. The level design is extremely boring, basically just one shooting gallery after another, with tiresome waves of super boring enemies. Very slow controls, even slower pacing of the shooting sections, totally worthless climbing sections without any direction and on top of that a bunch of cliché characters that couldn't possibly be more cliché.

Story and gameplay match pretty badly and I think this game also takes the crown for the single worst designed scene I have ever played: There is a climbing section near a waterfall around the middle of the game where an enemy drives in with a car at a distance. On his car is a red barrel. To continue the player needs to shoote the barrel so that the car flies at an inconceivable trajectory towards the player, forming a temporary bridge. This is the epitome of a design where the designers did not think "what would make sense mechanically here", but instead always just thought "what could be the next cool boom moment".

I think Uncharted is the worst game Naughy Dog have made until that point and I really cannot see what people see in this game.

Uncharted Drake's Fortune was the first game I played after the PS2, it was magical at the time.

Today we have things like Uncharted 4, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us... so it obviously looks and play bad.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Honestly? This was the game that changed Sony's 1st party output forever. The start wasn't the best, but it turned things for the best for Sony 2 years later.

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The start of a great saga that delivered in every chapter. Uncharted 3 being the only, for me at last, that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
Was great for that time dont care what anyone says.

How much franchise sold so far, 50 + million?

Oct 25, 2017
i still can't believe they did uncharted 2 in two years. just wild given where we're at now as an industry

(and have the games really got twice as good since uncharted 2 given they take more than twice as long? they're better, but probably not that much better?)

i have a real soft spot for the first uncharted. i have beaten it five or six times at this point over the years.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I really enjoyed the first game, I remember playing a few months before UC2. And was blown away by how good the game was. It's probably not something you would want to play now though, it's really a game of its time.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I do kinda like that you spent the majority of the game in 1 island, it kind give the island this huge scope, and the feel that you explore every inch of that island. from the topside jungle, to secret underground lair, to catacombs etc.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
I adore the game. I remember being blown away by the demo and I've finished the full game at least 4 times. The last of which was about 2 weeks ago.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Uncharted Drake's Fortune was the first game I played after the PS2, it was magical at the time.

Today we have things like Uncharted 4, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us... so it obviously looks and play bad.
I personally do not think it is an age thing. I would most definitely have found the game design terrible in 2007 as well. Moreover, one of the two best Assassin's Creed games released only two years after Uncharted.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Played it day one. At the time, I was looking forward to playing it since it's announcement, and in the end I thought it was an excellent adventure type game. IT's sequel was one of my GOTG.