• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Sony make an Uncharted 5?

• Yes

Votes: 549 82.7%
  • No

Votes: 114 17.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I've been playing the whole Uncharted series these past 2 weeks and it's a pretty great series. I'm almost finished with Uncharted 4 but I do know that Nathan's story ends with the 4th game. Naughty Dog said they're done making Uncharted games for a bit but the series isn't over. Which lines up with the rumors from last year. Apparently Sony opened up a brand new studio in San Diego to work on a new Uncharted game. This studio has hired people from Naughty Dog and I think are also collabing with them on it.

So do you think an Uncharted 5 will ever happen? If it does should Nathan Drake return? Maybe they could do a Father-Daughter team up or something. Or maybe a game with Sam and Sully as the main characters. An interesting story would be Cass becoming the main character and maybe Nate has to come in and help rescue her.

4df5b94cf9325414-600x338.jpg

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I hope there will be another one with Sam playable and Chloe/Cutter/Sully as sidekicks + cameo of Nathan

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it'll have 5 in the title, but yeah I do think we'll get another game eventually.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
I hope not. Loved the series but I hope they move onto something new. It had a great end. Doesn't need anymore.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, but with these two characters again. The Lost Legacy was one heck of a game. Loved, loved LOVED it. Would like to see more.

tumblr_p5su8enuhh1qidzr6o2_r2_540.gifv

Kyubajin

Feb 22, 2019
Drake's story is pretty much done already so as many of you say, probably not with a direct sequel.

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
I also believe another game is forthcoming, eventually. Drake is definitely retired. I agree that it probably won't be called 5 though.

That is if the movie doesn't kill the franchise first.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
100% but it wont be 5 and it wont be with Nate (for now).

I think these are some of the options they have to continue the franchise:
  • Young Sully Prequel (Makes too much sense, specially if another studio takes over. Plus the settings would be pretty awesome during the 70s and 80s)
  • Lost Legacy Sequel (A No brainier but I'm not sure if Lost Legacy was a commercial success to guaranteed a sequel for Chloe)
  • Sully/Sam Buddy Cops Thieves Spin Off (This could be part of a Lost Legacy sequel to be honest)
  • Soft Reboot/Sequel with a New Cast (Basically Uncharted's ME Andromeda for lack of a better example)
  • U5 with Older Cass as the Protag (I think this is the more far fetched one but if ND ever wanted to come back and do a #5, this is the way)

Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

It wont be called Uncharted 5.
It wont be made by Naughty Dog.
Its probably coming sooner then you expect.

I am very curious how the actual development is handled because you hear some strange things.

Is it the (not so) secret new San Diego team?
Is it the core team of lead developers working out of PlayStation HQ but with actual development outsourced to a network of smaller teams worldwide?
Is Naughty Dog still overseeing it but not directly involved?

I dont know. Very curious.

And the big question. Will it actually be good or will it be another Halo 4 / 343 situation?

Last edited:

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Nah

4 was a perfect conclusion.

I agree with this, but I'm also not ready to put Uncharted and/or Nathan Drake behind me. I know Nolan North has recently made some statements about wanting to return, I hope they find a way.

Those are just so of my guaranteed to be great games that I know I can pick up day one every single time.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'm sure there will be non-Naughty Dog spinoffs, but I doubt anything called "Uncharted 5". They've set up multiple alternative casts to head fakes without Nathan Drake in them.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Even if its happen its not gonna be by ND so its better to let it go. Sony will make it happen tho because they love money.

Abuguet

Apr 23, 2019
Drake can still star in another Uncharted game.

1. His offspring following in his footsteps,
2. Things getting way too out of hand,
3. Drake has to equip his grappling hook one last time to save the ones he loves most. (Kind of like in 4, but the stakes are higher).
4. Elena saves 'em all in the end.
5. ???
6. Profit

Sam would basically be the Proto Man of the game helping Drake when he can't go on. Sully makes a cameo as an old gambling man retired in the beaches of Bahamas, and gives advice and key item to get Drake going. Teaches a lesson or something, says goddamn way too goddamn much.

It's called Uncharted 5: Drake's back pain.

GOTY.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Hoping the San Diego studio is on it.

While Drakes story has ended, the globe trotting and spectacle can keep going with Chloe.

While I'm glad ND gets to work on new things, that's also my worry. Whoever is working on it has big shoes to fill but also an opportunity that studio to give it a fresh perspective on what Uncharted is.

An Uncharted on PS5 would be bonkzilla, so I hope it's happening

dat boi

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe but it almost certainly won't be called Uncharted 5. UC4 is literally called A Thief's End, signifying the end of the Nathan Drake numbered series.

I'd like to see a sequel to Lost Legacy or another spin off series with Sam as the main character.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As someone that just finished Lost Legacy recently. I hope that is the direction they go.

Including some of the design choices, but with even more freedom and a more open playground ala one of the chapters.

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
There'll be another Uncharted game but I doubt it'll be a Drake-starring full fledged sequel.

I can see them doing some like Lost Legacy-esque things though, just more Uncharted spin-offs like that

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Looking at how much Uncharted 4 sold, hell yeah they will make more. Who makes it and what it's titled is another matter though.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How can they not? Uncharted is a beast of a franchise, and the pinnacle of PS3/PS4 capabilities.

Can't even imagine what a PS5 Uncharted is going to be.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I would only be interested in a 5 if Nathan is the MC. He is the reason I like this franchise tbh.

That or young Sully.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I think so, but not for a little while and I don't think they call it Uncharted 5 or be about Nate at all. I think we'll get another Lost Legacy or two in the next gen and then the Uncharted 5 type game which follows someone else.

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
We'll get another Uncharted. Whether or not it's a sequel or a spin-off is the question. I vote spinoff.