• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Also TLoU was over 17 million just a little over a year ago, that's a +3 million increase.
Not exact numbers, but MatPiscela did reveal that Days Gone was the sixth best selling PS4 exclusive ever, and it's only been out for a few months which bodes really well.

That zombie fatigue. 🙄

It's great to see great games selling well, especially TLOU, which was my favorite game of last gen, like Bloodborne was this gen. I imagine only TLOU2 could top it for me.

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
UC4 is a visual amazing game, the backdrop of all locations looks like painting, a lot of time I just look at the locations to just admire them.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I constantly see Twitch streamers that aren't normally console gamers play The Last of Us for the first time in preparation for Part II because their chat constantly tells them to.

Game is going to be massive.

Can you name some of the bigger streamers who did or some of the more interesting watches? I love watching entertaining streamers/YouTubers play TLoU for the first time. Pokimane's playthrough comes to mind, but I don't remember if she ever finished it.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Naughty dog has been my favorite dev since my mom got me a PS1 with a copy of crash 3. When I saw the jak and daxter commercials and that it was made by naughty dog I begged my mom for a PS2 and copy of jak. its nuts that they're the first devs I actively followed and bought all their games at launch as a kid.

2007 I remember going to this electronics store and getting uncharted 1 for the PS3. I was freshman in high school back then lol.

They deserve all the success.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Can you name some of the bigger streamers who did or some of the more interesting watches? I love watching entertaining streamers/YouTubers play TLoU for the first time. Pokimane's playthrough comes to mind, but I don't remember if she ever finished it.
I am not 100% sure what are some of the more interesting ones are as I didn't watch them play through the whole game, just noticed it whenever The Last of Us was one of the top games coz it meant a bigger Twitch streamer was playing it.

Honestly I think nearly every major twitch streamer has played it at some point over the 6 years it has been out. I do remember Shroud's one was pretty funny because he is primarily a PC FPS gamer, so he was struggling playing with a controller.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I think TLOU2 may end up surprising a lot of people saleswise. I'm not even sure what the ceiling is for the this game but the hype seems incredible and I've seen it talked about in so many different gaming circles.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
You don't need to be an investor to have basic common sense. Why would Sony put these games on PS Now on day one with a sub $10 entry price when they're doing numbers like this? Makes no sense.

Man this is thee most intelligent response about this whole ps now situation i have read this whole time.

Thank God for Naughty dog tho, I cant wait to see their efforts on next gen

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Last of us is an amazing game and sold very well. But let's be honest, in the USA for a number of years the game came bundled with a PS4, which is included in the sale figures.

Ok again, what does this change?
Every first party exclusive game that has come out, that has sold more than15 million, all had bundles. Hell Mario 64 and Wii sports had bundles for the whole entirety of that respective gen....Does that change anything? No. So no need to keep metioning "Bundles" it does nothing for your argument.

The Last of Us Part 2 trailers dont have millions upon MILLIONS of views because of "Bundles" you know...smh

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can see TLOU2 reaching 25+ million between PS4 release and a PS5 patch bumping framerate/resolution/maybe ray tracing. They could also release a whole new version for PS5 alongside the online game that is being worked on.

The legs will be insane.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah but those people talk as if they were investors. Go into any game pass /psnow thread where the same participants are saying Sony should put first party blockbusters on the service day one cause of "reasons", saying "Microsoft says they're first party games did better by being on their service at launch". Disney isn't going to release the next massive MCU film on Disney plus day and date, they'd be insane. Sony isn't going to release the next AAA game on a streaming service for 1/6th the price because it's going to be insane. Just from a logical point is crazy to miss out on day 1-180 sales.
In business, sometimes you have to disrupt your own business model before someone else does. If Blockbuster started a streaming service (ie bought Netflix) it would have eaten into its existing brick and mortar business but at least they would have had a way to stay alive in today's home entertainment market.

Oct 25, 2017
In business, sometimes you have to disrupt your own business model before someone else does. If Blockbuster started a streaming service (ie bought Netflix) it would have eaten into its existing brick and mortar business but at least they would have had a way to stay alive in today's home entertainment market.

Meh. Microsoft can afford to throw away money with Xbox and Gamepass on a long-term bet. Sony cannot with PlayStation. They are getting there services in place to be ready for whatever comes though.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Ok again, what does this change?
Every first party exclusive game that has come out, that has sold more than15 million, all had bundles. Hell Mario 64 and Wii sports had bundles for the whole entirety of that respective gen....Does that change anything? No. So no need to keep metioning "Bundles" it does nothing for your argument.

The Last of Us Part 2 trailers dont have millions upon MILLIONS of views because of "Bundles" you know...smh

because it came bundled as standard as in no choice and people were buying the PS4 in buckets.
Ps4 was selling itself.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Yes but Sony should let it rest. Like a steak coming out of the oven.

More now please.

Oct 25, 2017
Dm the addy u fkn nerd 🙃
source.gif

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
From this graph :
  • God of War 2 : 4,3 millions
  • God of War 3 (PS3) : 7,6 millions
  • God of War (PS4) : 10,9 millions
  • Uncharted 3 (PS3) : 9,2 millions
  • Uncharted 4 : 16,2 millions
  • TLOU (PS3) : 8,2 millions
  • TLOU (PS4) : 11,8 millions
Edit : GOW3 numbers didn't include Remastered, U3 didn't include Nathan Drake Collection

It just hit me that eventually God of War (PS4) sales alone won't be that far away from the original trilogy's sales... together. (counting original releases only. no remasters)
It's crazy to think right now, a year and a few months after release, if we sum the first 2 God of War's sales, they won't reach God of War 2018. And the PS2 eventually sold over 150M consoles.
Unbelievable how the attach ratio has been increasing so much for Sony's platforms.
This might end up as the most successful stories in videogames where reboots are concerned. I can only think of Resident Evil 4 right now.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
because it came bundled as standard as in no choice and people were buying the PS4 in buckets.
Ps4 was selling itself.
You know what else is still bundled with consoles to this day? Minecraft, yet no one cries bundles when it comes to it, a lot of games get bundled but very few of them reach these sales, not to mention TLoU bundle have long gone.

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't even think of this till now but it would be so rad to see Amy come back to bring a fresh new cast to Uncharted 5. Maybe even do like a small time jump and have Nate's daughter and her friends go on an adventure
People keep saying this, and don't get me wrong, Amy was the central pilar of what made the Uncharted franchise what it is today, but they (Amy Hennig and Naughty Dog) didn't end in good terms.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
why do never have these bundle excuses for Fifa or COD? basically the two biggest franchises in Europe and NA

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and sometimes new experiences are simply supplementary to the old. Putting their eggs into one streaming basket and hoping that's the best way to go is insane. Microsoft can say that their games on game pass are doing better, but better compared to what? We don't get numbers. To make the return that a $60 game makes in say the first 6 months on a $5 sub (and it's less than that cause that $5 has to cover every other game on the service that's getting downloaded) the amount of subscribers required for the length required is increasingly hard to reach. It's partially why Netflix continues to lose money.

Last edited:

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Meh. Microsoft can afford to throw away money with Xbox and Gamepass on a long-term bet. Sony cannot with PlayStation. They are getting there services in place to be ready for whatever comes though.
Agreed, Sony has been taking some conservative steps to prepare for any potential paradigm shift. Something Blockbuster didn't do. Doesn't mean Sony shouldn't at least be prepared to disrupt themselves more aggressively if the shift starts happening. They are trying to balance short and long term goals. Time will tell how successful they are.

Nov 21, 2017
Sic Parvis Magna truly is the perfect motto for the Uncharted franchise when you think about just how big this franchise has become.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sic Parvis Magna truly is the perfect motto for the Uncharted franchise when you think about just how big this franchise has become.

True. The "Nathan Drake" theme always gives me goosebumps when I hear it. I've been on board the Uncharted train since Drake's Fortune, singing its praises when so many people were trashing the PS3 year one lineup, and it's been a really awesome thing to see Naughty Dog come into their own and get the accolades they've always deserved. Uncharted 2 really blew the roof off for them and highlighted their talent. But Uncharted 1 was the game that really made me take a long look at ND. I enjoyed the first Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot back in the day, but I never got into the series like I did, say, Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper. Drake's Fortune just felt like an interactive Indiana Jones movie, and I fell in love with it. Then UC2 took it up a notch. UC3 was a technical masterpiece, and the story and gameplay were about on par with UC2, but Uncharted 4 was a fantastic sendoff for Drake and company, and Lost Legacy is an excellent place where I feel they can continue the series with a new cast (Chloe and Nadine are awesome characters and I want more games starring them).

But yeah, that Uncharted theme. Damn. When it kicks in in Uncharted 4, with the title sequence playing, it gave me the same feels I got playing Metal Gear Solid 4 after being a fan of that series for 10 years since MGS1. It doesn't hurt that the cast of Uncharted is so damn endearing and likable, that I'm as invested in them, as I am the insane setpieces and crazy visuals. I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog does next after TLOU2. TLOU is also a fantastic series, but I'm wondering if it needs a third entry? The world is definitely compelling, but I think the Ellie story should resolve after 2. I hate to see characters I love constantly put through the ringer after a while. Like, give them a break, dammit! Let them be happy for pete's sake!!