• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
yeah the last episodes released on the 25th '(.
Welp. Hope it gets a fitting ending. I just finished the finale for a series of unfortunate events. That was a good fitting ending. Hoping for the same here.

My list of Netflix shows is dwindling though. Gotta find some new shows to watch. But I don't think most of the Netflix shows are that good

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I hated the ending. I hope the movie has better character arcs for everybody.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
There's a movie? Also Netflix gives no shits about this show apparently.

The series finale of "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" is only a goodbye to the characters for now, as Netflix has ordered a movie — "a one-off special," according to Fey — that will allow them to revisit the characters one more time in a "cool, fun way."

https://variety.com/2019/tv/feature...n-farrow-jk-rowling-sliding-doors-1203089010/

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watching the first of the new episodes.

Wow they really doubled down on their whole "young people are snowflakes" narrative.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I'm glad that the rest of the episodes are out.

The first half of the season felt really empty without these. I guess I just have to wait for the movie, whenever that happens.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed the latest episodes, including the finale. I really wanted a fun, feel-good finale and they delivered, IMO.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Really was not a fan of these episodes. The tone is all over the place, and the ending("everyone gets exactly what they always wanted, everyone is happy, nothing was really learned!") feels weirdly incongruous with the general arc of the show.

The actors remain amazing (Carol Kane being able to deliver her lines without breaking is some sort of God-level talent), but man, I just did not feel like the writing served them this season. Or for most of S3, really.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy in the Elmo costume confessing "My wedding is tonight" after Kimmy kicks him in the balls with always and forever be funny. And I'm not the sort of person that finds ball-kicking funny....like ever.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this show needed to be put down. Any creativity was spent by season 2.

Last edited:

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I find it uncomfortable slowly watching Tina Fey's writing slide further and further into millenial / gen z criticism in tandem with her getting called out for crap online. I think she's hysterical but the second half of this show felt like it was punching downward with a bit too much frequency compared to 30 Rock or the first half of Kimmy.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Call me Andy cause youll have a woody for my buzz!

I loved the second half. It felt like it just went way more off the wall. The show in general needed more Xan calling out Kimmys quirks.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it uncomfortable slowly watching Tina Fey's writing slide further and further into millenial / gen z criticism in tandem with her getting called out for crap online. I think she's hysterical but the second half of this show felt like it was punching downward with a bit too much frequency compared to 30 Rock or the first half of Kimmy.
I don't know what you're talking about, it feels like this program was made by a millennial. Even uncomfortably so.

Oct 28, 2017
Mikey in the finale

Poor Mikey got character assassinated. Leads his hot, rich boyfriend on only to leave him at the altar.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The hour long episode was pretty terrible but outside of that there were some really funny parts in the second half. Finale felt pretty phoned in though and needed the time they spent on that stupid other episode

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what you're talking about, it feels like this program was made by a millennial. Even uncomfortably so.

A prime example would be the "Kimmy is a feminist!" episode in Season 3. Also Tina Fey ends up apologizing or sticking her foot in her mouth for race related jokes a LOT, isn't exclusive to Kimmy Schmidt. I really enjoy her brand of humor a lot and I think there's a lot to like in her work, I just find that I'm wincing almost as much as I'm laughing these days.

Edit:
I only just found this opinion piece but it sums up a lot of the sentiment I had about this episode, and a lot of the elements of this episode that I found mediocre in particular have slowly leaked out into the rest of the show.

https://tv.avclub.com/unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt-misses-the-mark-in-its-satire-1798191465

Last edited:

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Second half had some of the funniest jokes of the entire show for me, but it came at the expense of pretty much everyone's concluding arcs.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the final season. Really enjoyed it. One of the top 10 comedies of my life. Can't wait to rewatch the entire run in a few years.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I thought it was consistently hilarious throughout all 4 seasons.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Good timing for a bump, I just finished this season last night (finally).
Tonally season 4 was all over the place, I think season 2 might remain the peak. The resolution to the character arcs ultimately felt like they were not earned, like they scrambled to write them as a sendoff at the last minute. They probably did.
It was still sad to say goodbye though :(

The hour long alternate reality ep was probably the worst of the entire series, it contributed almost nothing other than to give the actors something else to do. It was the only Kimmy episode I wanted to skip part way through... I was just looking at my phone for the last half.
It would've benefited from heavy cuts, back to the standard length at least.

That said...
Now, who do we harrass to get an official release of "Now That Sounds Like Music"?

Saad

Oct 27, 2017
nah, it always felt it was written by old people criticizing/preaching younger generation the whole 'consenting' and the 'appropriating episode' was a little too obvious imo.
but regardless i still like the show.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
So I just started watching this show as I was looking for something light hearted as I had watched a lot of dark stuff, and I am only halfway through season 1 and really enjoying it. And I now have Pinot Noir stuck in my head.