• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Brings back some great memories -- loved playing this one! I had no idea how involved the setup process is either. Makes sense, but not something I ever thought about as a young arcade-goer. :)

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
WOW. I'm super Jealous. This is the first pinball machine I fell in love with, and I really want to have one of my own eventually.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Fuuuuuuuck

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

You don't get it, this is literally a holy grail for me. I've wanted to get one for 28 years. That machine has some deep deep memories.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Great vid. As someone old enough to grow up going to arcades and being very interested in the care and setup of these machines I found this video especially fascinating. I've never seen one NIB before.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So jealous. One day I'll own my own pinball machine. Just did a random search for Bride of Pinbot... 5k..fuck.

Dec 20, 2017
What a find!! Miss seeing these beasts around at pizza places and bowling alleys. Not that I ever really played them, but they still had a presence.

Oct 26, 2017
Reminds me of the time a bunch of still boxed Amiga 1200's were found in a warehouse a few years back (2012 I think?)

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually doable. Never looked into it seriously, but I assume most of these machines are probably not in the best of shape?

No, perfectly fine shape. Top end of a NICE BoP is probably $2700-2800. $2300 may need a cleaning or a shop job. $2000 or so is probably one that needs parts fixed or repaired. Pinball is expensive, yes...But it's not as miserable as it could be!

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw the video a few weeks ago, prety interesting

There's a follow up too if memory serves

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the time a bunch of still boxed Amiga 1200's were found in a warehouse a few years back (2012 I think?)
That was almost 10 years ago and they were found by Petro Tsychtchenko and he sold them for like 200 euros shipped. They were part of a caritative project aimed at giving poor indian students computers so they could learn (and came with a word processor and so on)

They never made it to India and he found them in an old wharehouse. I was in contact with him at the time and he offered me a few units but since my two a1200 were fine I (foolishly) passed on it

Oct 26, 2017
That was almost 10 years ago and they were found by Petro Tsychtchenko and he sold them for like 200 euros shipped. They were part of a caritative project aimed at giving poor indian students computers so they could learn (and came with a word processor and so on)

They never made it to India and he found them in an old wharehouse. I was in contact with him at the time and he offered me a few units but since my two a1200 were fine I (foolishly) passed on it
Wow, fascinating. What do you mean they never made it to india? Did somebody take advantage of the charitable low price to snag them and resell them?

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, fascinating. What do you mean they never made it to india? Did somebody take advantage of the charitable low price to snag them and resell them?
No they weren't meant for sale. They were supposed to reach India back in 1995 and were part of a new A1200 run by Amiga Technologies.

Petro found them a decade later and sold them. I believe they were just forgotten (never got the whole story and he wasn't in the best of situations back then)

Petro is an all around amazing guy though

Oct 26, 2017
No they weren't meant for sale. They were supposed to reach India back in 1995 and were part of a new A1200 run by Amiga Technologies.

Petro found them a decade later and sold them. I believe they were just forgotten (never got the whole story and he wasn't in the best of situations back then)

Petro is an all around amazing guy though
Ah, I see what you mean now. That's a great little story, thanks for sharing.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
What the hell, I literally just watched this last week haha. No idea why.

It's fascinating to see it in such mint condition, I'd love to own one of these! Pinball machines look like a fulltime job to upkeep though...

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell, I literally just watched this last week haha. No idea why.

It's fascinating to see it in such mint condition, I'd love to own one of these! Pinball machines look like a fulltime job to upkeep though...
Probably because you watch retro related channels :p

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I love this machine, there's a place a few blocks from me that had it but had to remove it because it was breaking down too much.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I always wanted Fun House. Or actually one of the Mario or Simpsons machines. I have always been fascinated and intrigued by pinball machines. There's just something about them.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I'm so jealous! My dream is to own a pinball machine some day. I'm in love with Circus Voltaire.