• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The bipartisanship between Democrats and Republicans setting aside their differences to throw Ilhan Omar under the bus for daring to speak out against AIPAC was truly remarkable though. Really inspiring stuff.
Not the kind of crossing the aisle that we wanted, by the one we deserve, sadly :(

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's so fucking gross that politicians bend over for the scum ass Israeli government and military.

Yep. Shoutout to all the Democrats running for their unrelenting support for Israel. And a special shoutout to their supporters who completely handwave this nonsense but are hypercritical of Ilhan Omar's comments on Venezuela, demanding she walk back things and apologise whilst never demanding their favoured candidate do the same when it comes to the state of Israel or show anywhere near the same level of concern when they tout the "Israel has a right to defend itself" line.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
So fucking depressing.
It was a giant controversy for pointing out the Isreali Lobby's influence, the whole political system ganged up on Omar for it, but actual atrocities qmd warcrimes by the Isreali government?
Not a peep!
Cowards!
Yet people here will still stan for cowards liKe Pelosi and Harris.

Cowards.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
In lighter news Netanyahu may be going to prison within the next few years. I just hope that this can start a shift in the political climate of Israel that leads to justice for the Palestinian people. We need to do our part here in the US too. The Democrats and Republicans alike are complicit in this and we need to force change from within our party to finally see change happen imo.
Not happening.

The thought of any form of restraint in killing Palestinians is taken as weakness and is met with backlash.
Part of Natenyahu's political problems is not mudering more.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-politics-idUSKCN1NJ1HM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-says-israel-too-soft-as-gaza-on-verge-of-war

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
These figures are both staggering and completely unsurprising. It would be nice to think the indictment of Netanyahu will lead to the beginning of a turnaround.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly either the US needs to be removed
So you want an even less relevant UN?
also
pdfnews.asp

united-nations-budget-contributions-by-member-countries_in-percentage.png

Oct 26, 2017
also
pdfnews.asp

lmao

This is like the UK and the US giving aid to Yemen. It's fucking empty and meaningless when they're enabling and funding the problem. Try looking at how much money the US gives to Israel.

fwiw I'd like a UN that can actually do anything about the situation. Which unless the US has a drastic change of policy will not happen. This is like years ago when Israel were pulled up on other war crimes i.e. using internationally illegal weapons: cluster bombs and white phosphorus on Palestinians and nothing happened because the US vetoed it like every other time.

Oct 25, 2017
lmao

This is like the UK and the US giving aid to Yemen. It's fucking empty and meaningless when they're enabling and funding the problem. Try looking at how much money the US gives to Israel.

fwiw I'd like a UN that can actually do anything about the situation. Which unless the US has a drastic change of policy will not happen. This is like years ago when Israel were pulled up on other war crimes i.e. using internationally illegal weapons: cluster bombs and white phosphorus on Palestinians and nothing happened because the US vetoed it like every other time.
Though that graph is exactly on topic I didn't mean it like it excuses or makes up for the exact problem.
Both were just about general UN financials that quickly came up.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
How many fucking times did the UN said this? Nothing will happen, I've lost all hope trusting any international community to hold Israel responsible. Israel as a nation has become so sadistic and fascistic yet no one holds them accountable. It's depressing learning that justice will never happen in my life time.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Killing children, disabled people, medics and relief workers. That really tells you how evil the state of Israel is.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Israel: Lol and? What are you gonna do about it?

UN: ...

US: Sorry the check's late, national emergency over here lol. Here's an extra 5 billion.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
So is the liberal American media like the New York Times covering this piece of news? I can't find anything on BBC, the Guardian, CNN etc. Not important that around 900 Palestinian children were shot at by the IDF?
American media is trash and I noticed the BBC sometimes downplay the atrocities. Don't expect most mainstream media to cover this.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So is the liberal American media like the New York Times covering this piece of news? I can't find anything on BBC, the Guardian, CNN etc. Not important that around 900 Palestinian children were shot at by the IDF?

Liberal in name only. They are just there to sell advertising. Fox news is at least open about their agenda. Instead of straddling the line for money.

A while back states tried to ban al jazeera. Not many in media stood by them. Afaik.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
also
pdfnews.asp

Not if they are the enablers in the first place.
Put aside the fact that the US prevent any attempt to stop these atrocities, they fund these war criminals far far more than they put to aid the victim.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-38-billion-defense-aid-package-idUSKCN1GB2NQ

The United States and Israel signed an agreement in September 2016 to give Israel $38 billion in military assistance over the next decade, the largest such aid package in U.S. history

All funded by the US tax payer.

Windy_Smile

Oct 27, 2017
This is heartbreaking, I remember hugging my inconsolable ex-girlfriend who had just received news that 5 of her cousins had been slaughtered in Palestine. I told her that basic human goodness will prevail and there will be peace between Israel and Palestine soon.
That was in the summer of 2001.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Liberal in name only. They are just there to sell advertising. Fox news is at least open about their agenda. Instead of straddling the line for money.

A while back states tried to ban al jazeera. Not many in media stood by them. Afaik.

That's not a strong defence as you think, both TYT (under each video) and Jacobin sell merchandise. Liberal is a large category, as well.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Israel for this shit and fuck the western world for allowing the antisemitism whistle be used to defend this shit time and time again. It's literally just a right wing tactic to say 'stop talking bad about our buddies wrapped up in the war crimes'.

Watch the UK not even touch this with a barge pole since calling them out would mean we have to address wtf antisemitism means to our press that twist it all the damn time.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
User Banned (2 Months): Dismissing violence against non-combatants and disingenuous commentary.
I'm not caping for the obviously heinous shit that Israel is doing, but the UN HRC continues to be a rather nonsensical political body (although in this case it doesn't have a large contingent of Arab states as it did previously), and I find saying that people who throw live bombs for clear political purposes are not terrorists somewhat up for debate. Also for it to be war crimes, who are they fighting a war with then?

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm not caping for the obviously heinous shit that Israel is doing, but the UN HRC continues to be a rather nonsensical political body (although in this case it doesn't have a large contingent of Arab states as it did previously), and I find saying that people who throw live bombs for clear political purposes are not terrorists somewhat up for debate. Also for it to be war crimes, who are they fighting a war with then?
Are states with a majority Arab culture illegitimate, or what?
Also, there is a military occupation in Gaza and the West Bank. The Israeli military runs those places. What else is it if it's not war?

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
The IDF could kill every last man, woman, and child in Gaza and the international community would offer, at most, a stern admonition.

Oct 27, 2017
They are fighting a war with Palestine, unless you are saying Palestine doesn't exist.

There is a group of people with their own culture, language and government. It is basically a state that isn't being recognised as such. So yes they are committing war crime against Palestine.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then the Partisans during WW2 were terrorists as well

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

A terrorist for fighting an occupying force that is engaging in ethnic cleansing. Yeah, no.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
that people who throw live bombs for clear political purposes are not terrorists

You're right, all those journalists and kids and medics that were shot were obviously terrorists

And anyone who might be bombing Israeli targets, separate from the civilians being shot at by the idf here, aren't terrorists, they're freedom fighters acting against colonial occupiers invading their homeland

Oct 26, 2017
If only the UN wasn't a joke with Russia and China (or anyone really) having veto powers and USA on the trigger to pull out. If only USA wasn't sneaking in laws making criticism of Israel punishable.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia

Nice try.