• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I always laugh when people use the "bitch eating crackers" thing to defend poor little Elon Musk. The dude is an asshat and could afford to supply large swathes of the country with ventilators at the snap of his fingers but he threw a million dollars at CPAPs for the photo op.
That's what bugs me the most. He's a phony. He lied and said he shipped ventilators because it would make him look good, only to send equipment that could actually make the situation worse.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
This is a bad analogy because water is mostly harmless (yeah I know people can die from excess) whereas promoting a drug that can have serious side effects or become in short supply for those that actually need it is irresponsible.
Bleach is mostly water, and we're like 90% water. Therefore we are bleach.
6ce611626b50e7db5b2432f7a20cbbe9.jpg

I heard he's also donating a fleet of Tesla cars so that underpaid nurses can make it took work.
1465593-00-A_0.jpg

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
the poster your defending was also telling people to suck his dick which is not only hostile but homophobic.
Biased and not representative of the LGBT community here, but I suck dick and you won't see me worry about "homophobic comments" when it comes to telling someone to suck one when it's some loser here ready to lick corporate boots.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Biased and not representative of the LGBT community here, but I suck dick and you won't see me worry about "homophobic comments" when it comes to telling someone to suck one when it's some loser here ready to lick corporate boots.

I'm gay but let's not act like straight dudes saying suck my dick isn't steeped in homophobia come one now . Oh ic so homophobia is ok if it's directed at someone we don't like .

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
i never thought about this, but does this mean i'm going to have an issue ordering my next shipment of tubing for my CPAP? is CPAP stuff going to be hard to come by?

I ordered two extra masks and an extra tube just to be safe.

Regardless of whether cpap/bipap machines can be used as ventilators, there could be a run on equipment. I'm worried this could be the next Chloroquine.

It's already been difficult to find the distilled water I need for the humidifier in my bipap, but I was able to secure a few gallons to hold me over for now.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I was about to say, a lot of libs who say "STOP SAYING SUCK DICK" are mostly just projecting their own homophobia and/or weaponizing homophobia to silence someone they dont like. Its really fun to see in the wild.

Also, LGBT rights are human rights. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why isnt he following BMWs footsteps and gift hospitals masks and attire (+100000) from the Munich plant alone, normally used in the paint shops, the plant is standing still anyway. BMW gifted Spains most hit city 80 cars + 80000 steering wheel and seat covers so that medic and social workers can use these cars to reach old people and with these sleeves (one use) the infection of the people using it is being lowered... I believe drive now gets free for public workers or has already.

So, Dont buy shit any govnermemt can and send it around the world for some Twitter credit, use what you have to make a difference now. Kind of disgusting that he took the time to put Tesla stickers on there and take pics for social media. At BMW, the crew did it over night without it being know, a politician who cougth wind of it send his thanks.

Last edited:

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was about to say, a lot of libs who say "STOP SAYING SUCK DICK" are mostly just projecting their own homophobia and/or weaponizing homophobia to silence someone they dont like. Its really fun to see in the wild.

Also, LGBT rights are human rights. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
I'm gay are you ? I grew up listening to straight dudes use suck my dick as a slur my whole life now you just throw it around freely.

I'm weaponizing homophobia? I'm fucking gaY

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's weird to aim the criticism at him though given statements from health officials suggesting these machines can be useful (and the hospitals they're given to apparently finding them useful too). If that's completely wrong wouldn't it make sense to set them straight and not necessarily the people following it?

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Why isnt he following BMWs footsteps and gift hospitals masks and attire (+100000) from the Munich plant alone, normally used in the paint shops, the plant is standing still anyway. BMW gifted Spains most hit city 80 cars + 80000 steering wheel and seat covers so that medic and social workers can use these cars to reach old people and with these sleeves (one use) the infection of the people using it being lowered... I believe drive now gets free for public workers or has already. Dont buy shit any govnermemt can and send it around the world, use what you have to make a difference.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even about if CPAP machines are appropriate for use in this situation.

The problem is that Musk is a pathological liar and calling them ventilators when he knows very well what they are was purely done to make himself look like a hero.

If he had tweeted "hey we got 1000 cpap machines to donate. they may not be ideal and may increase risks of transmission in some cases but it could free up actual ventilators in some dire situations.", then NOBODY would be talking shit about him for it.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Musk fans bending backwards in this thread are amusing to say the least.

No shit that the guy who thought that submarine was a good idea for the cave did another stupid thing. He'e in for the promotion only.

"Musk is wrong? No, the CDC / the officials are wrong" is some galaxy fucking brain right now, but expected at the same time.

Last edited:

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not even about if CPAP machines are appropriate for use in this situation.

The problem is that Musk is a pathological liar and calling them ventilators when he knows very well what they are was purely done to make himself look like a hero.

If he had tweeted "hey we got 1000 cpap machines to donate. they may not be ideal and may increase risks of transmission in some cases but it could free up actual ventilators in some dire situations.", then NOBODY would be talking shit about him for it.

I dunno, the hospital accepting them called them ventilators too. That seems to be the task they're planning to repurpose and use them for.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am bi. I grew up with that shit too. Doesn't make the concern trolling and corporate pandering any less invalid.

I'm not corporate pandering I'm just pointing out your shitty language and the inconsistency in moderation. I don't give two fucks about Elon musks stupid ass

there is zero reason to tell someone to suck your dick period you seem like an intelligent to person I'm sure you can think of other words to use.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
this thread got so weird. Also lol at complaining about the trolling ban but not responding to the doctor.

Oct 26, 2017
I believe CPAP are used for those that are either recovered enough to not require a ventilator or are not sick enough to get require one... So they aren't ventilators but can free up ventilators...

This is on the back the F1 teams in the UK designing and prototyping new CPAP in the UK inside a few days for use pending certification and scaled manufacturing of these. My understanding is the reason is they're easier to get / make and free up ventilators for those that really need them... So feel free to correct if I'm wrong.
You're right but that doesn't mean they're ventilators.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The usual Musk stans bending backwards to justify what he did is at the very least amusing, but pathetic at the same time.

"Musk is wrong? No, the CDC / the officials are wrong" is some galaxy fucking brain right now, but expected at the same time.

Wrong, they are already here making excuses.

It's actually officials who suggested these machines have a potential use for some patients. That's the issue here. These types of machines, if they have some specific features, can be used for less critical patients in the appropriate circumstances and could potentially relieve pressure on the need for purpose built ventilators.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's weird to aim the criticism at him though given statements from health officials suggesting these machines can be useful (and the hospitals they're given to apparently finding them useful too). If that's completely wrong wouldn't it make sense to set them straight and not necessarily the people following it?
the man clearly did not buy them and send them to be anything less than the ventilators people are saying we need for COVID patients. Dude less than a month ago fucking thought this was al silly to worry about.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not corporate pandering I'm just pointing out your shitty language and the inconsistency in moderation. I don't give two fucks about Elon musks stupid ass

there is zero reason to tell someone to suck your dick period you seem like an intelligent to person I'm sure you can think of other words to use.
I reported them, so it's pretty clear that type of language doesn't matter here. I would think it would fall under 'hostility towards another user' but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

This entire thread is too hostile to have any semblance of a conversation. Say literally anything and you're fucked into the ground being called a 'Musk-stan' regardless of your opinion of him. It's childish.

Last edited:

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Every

I reported them, so it's pretty clear that type of language doesn't matter here. I would think it would fall under 'hostility towards another user' but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

This entire thread is too hostile to have any semblance of a conversation. Say literally anything and you're fucked into the ground being called a 'Musk-stan' regardless of your opinion of him. It's childish.
The hostility doesn't matter when you guys are blatantly concern trolling lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
As someone that was banned for hostility for calling someone downplaying the risks of Covid-19 to younger age groups an "absolute fucking cunt" I can assure you it is still an actionable offence.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Every

oh it only matters for certain people
The hostility doesn't matter when you guys are blatantly concern trolling lol

Concern trolling because I find homophobic language offensive ? How is that ? I thought this community was better than this tbh.

Again toss Elon musk into the fucking sun don't twist my words like I'm defending that piece of shit.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This is getting wildly off-topic. Please stop the hostilities and bickering and get back on topic, thank you.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
wasn't this asshole downplaying the virus just a couple of weeks ago

EDIT: yea he was. wonder if his bootlickers will bring that one up

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the man clearly did not buy them and send them to be anything less than the ventilators people are saying we need for COVID patients. Dude less than a month ago fucking thought this was al silly to worry about.

But these officials suggest they can potentially be used exactly as ventilators for non-critical patients. That means more purpose built ventilators available for those who really need them. The hospital seemed to appreciate them and called them ventilators too. Isn't that kind of important? I'm not saying anyone has to admire Elon Musk here or that it cancels out any of the silly behavior but if the people in need seem to be happy isn't that kind of an ok situation ultimately?

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Has he called the receiving department at the hospital a bunch of pedophiles, yet?

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, the hospital accepting them called them ventilators too. That seems to be the task they're planning to repurpose and use them for.

The hospital's social media person did that, yes. I would hope that person is not a medical professional since they would be of much more use elsewhere.

Elon knows the difference, his tweet about CPAP machines being used for less serious cases to free up actual ventilators was quoted in this thread.

They aren't ventilators and he shouldn't have called them ventilators.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Thank you mod for the on topic request.
Sometimes I think some people who don't like the way a thread is going, purposely shit up a thread because they want it locked.