• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
gK3aO35.png

Trailer

The 'Ultra City Smiths' story unfolds via the stop-motion animation of baby dolls repurposed as a grown-up cast of characters. The series hinges on an investigation into the mysterious disappearance of fictional metropolis Ultra City's most famous magnate. Two intrepid detectives follow the case, rallying to fight against their city's dangerous corruption, at a high cost to themselves and their families, all in pursuit of a gentler place to call home.

The first two episodes of Ultra City Smiths will premiere on AMC+ on Thursday, July 22, with subsequent episodes dropping weekly, every Thursday. The series will air on AMC's linear channel this fall.

Cast

Damon Herriman
Bebe Neuwirth
John C. Reilly
Melissa Villaseñor
Alia Shawkat
Tim Heidecker
Kristen Bell
Dax Shepard
Debra Winger
Tim Meadows
Terry O' Quinn
Hana Mae Lee
Luis Guzman
Jason Mantzoukas
Chris Conrad
Sunita Mani
Caleb McLaughlin
Kurtwood Smith
Julian Barratt
Tom Waits

EgjMPiU.png

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Patriot, and I loved Perpetual Grace LTD, so I'm all in on this show.

It looks weird as hell but I can tell there's very much the same existential depression.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Patriot and Perpetual Grace were both amazing. Some of the very best shows of the last several years, nowhere near as popular as they should be.

I'm all in for this. The cast is stacked as well.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Patriot?

Tom Waits?

Fucking IN

And yeah, people need to get on Patriot.
First thing I tell anyone who brings up Amazon Prime.

I love that some of the cast to Patriot is back for this too.

Must've really got along

Oct 25, 2017
I shared this in a previous Conrad thread, but in case anyone is interested, he had an unaired pilot in this same style from back in 2013.

Extremely excited for any new show from this dude.

Ralph

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first two episodes today, another amazing show by Conrad so far. Has that same dialogue style of his that I absolutely love.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Will have to give a watch for that Patriot love.

Patriot you were too good for this world :(

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to believe there are people other than Ratsky who subscribe to AMC+.

Ralph

Oct 27, 2017

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up for a trial through Prime Video just to watch this, it'll be cancelled again as soon as it's over.

Have you watched Perpetual Grace Ltd? His other show, equally as good as Patriot.
First I've heard of it, I'll give it ago even knowing its cancelled, too good to pass up.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The first two episodes were fucking fantastic!

Attn all Patriot and Perpetual Grace fans (all 12 of you): get your butts in here! Don't sleep on this!

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that was an interesting premiere. I have a feeling this is one of those shows that will be more poignant on a rewatch once the season is over.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Heard about this on Tim Heideckers podcast. Need to check this out

Same! Watching it now, hadn't heard of Conrad's previous work, need to watch Patriot and Perpetual Grace LTD as well. The clip Heidecker played of Curtwood Smith's monologue in Patriot is what sold me. Haven't seen that kind of crazy wordplay in a minute.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it. Really hoping we will get a season 2.

Street Hustler Boy better survive this.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
It's too short a run. There's just so much going on that I'll have to rewatch it.

Ultra City Smith's was just so wonderfully strange.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The second half was a bit weaker than the first, but it was still thoroughly enjoyable overall. Really hoping for a second season!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching it that way! I'm not particularly enjoying it. Feels like a less weird PFFR show. I don't get it.