• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 23, 2017
GKNEB2.png

dolphin-2013-05-15-14-19-42-26.jpg

ultimate-muscle-legends-vs-new-generation-image307187.jpg

2715260-robin_mask_story.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

This was my jam back on the Gamecube!

Anyone remember this over the top game?

I usually avoid most anime games outside of a select few, but this one was actually really fun.

It had Story Mode, 1 VS 1, 2 VS 2 Tag Team, Free-For-All, collectibles, and custom character creation.

KINNIKU BUSTAH!!!
450full-ultimate-muscle%3A-legends-vs.-new-generation-screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2018
Only played the demo. The now closed K-Mart in the small town i grew up in had a demo station of the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox.

This game and Custom Robo were two games that I never owned but played the hell out of their demos.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Its a really good game, Aki behind it of course. The psp version of this game is better and has a bigger roster.

Ex Libris

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Only played the demo. The now closed K-Mart in the small town i grew up in had a demo station of the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox.

This game and Custom Robo were two games that I never owned but played the hell out of their demos.

Custom Robo is the shiiit. Most played game on my gamecube alongside melee.

Someone needs to revive custom robo

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Custom Robo is the shiiit. Most played game on my gamecube alongside melee.

NOISE is still around, and Nintendo owns the IP so it would be up to them to fund a new one. AFAIK NOISE hasn't made an HD game though and is still a small studio, so they'd need to scale up for it.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening from modern Nintendo. Shame, the series is really good.

As for the actual thread topic, this game is pretty rare and pricey here in the US. Always seemed interesting but I never picked it up. You always pick the obscure gemsto talk about OP.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017

dolphin-2013-05-15-15-16-41-84.jpg

Wow I never knew there was a PSP game!

NOISE is still around, and Nintendo owns the IP so it would be up to them to fund a new one. AFAIK NOISE hasn't made an HD game though and is still a small studio, so they'd need to scale up for it.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening from modern Nintendo. Shame, the series is really good.

As for the actual thread topic, this game is pretty rare and pricey here in the US. Always seemed interesting but I never picked it up. You always pick the obscure gemsto talk about OP.

Hehe, it's what I do best. :)

The worst thing that can happen to these games is being lost to time. Talking about them helps bring awareness.

Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 1 & 2 for arcades and PS2 were the real deal.

I'll need to look into these!

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're in luck, because the creator of the series is releasing a spiritual successor on Steam and Switch in about 10 days. It's called Synaptic Drive and it looks pretty fun!

As for the thread topic, I actually had this game OP. I didn't play it all that much but it was a lot of fun to play it local co-op. I don't know if I was just garbage at the game but I remember it being actually kind of hard? Either way I liked using the guy that turned into a top I think? Some yellow dude.

Deleted member 24624

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One of my favorite games on the system! Shame we never got anything from the series after Galactic Wrestling on the PS2. Surprised to see this is quickly becoming one of the rarest games on the Game Cube!

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Never played the game but I had completely forgotten about the anime. What the hell, I loved this weird as hell show. Damn that brings me back