• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly me too. I'm just outside Glasgow. got an email apologising for the delay in shipping but I should expect an email 'soon' with updated delivery. Genuinely don't think I'll get it today - even more so when I heard through a friend that he got a Hermes tracking number from Amazon for his order. Bloody Hermes....

A half hour outside Glasgow and same with our Amazon order. I hope Hermes don't get it 😬

Trickytoon

Jan 14, 2018
Amazon UK - 5-9pm slot, so knowing my luck it will be 8:55pm.

Glad I resisted taking the day off, I can live vicariously through the rest of you.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
This is exactly me too. I'm just outside Glasgow. got an email apologising for the delay in shipping but I should expect an email 'soon' with updated delivery. Genuinely don't think I'll get it today - even more so when I heard through a friend that he got a Hermes tracking number from Amazon for his order. Bloody Hermes....

I'm also just outside Glasgow. Card was charged in the middle of the night, and woke up to an email saying delivery was now delayed to tomorrow by 9PM.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

I just spoke to Amazon Customer Service, apparently its getting ready for dispatch now and is still on course for delivery today albeit will be late. I've been charged, so I guess at worst will be here tomorrow.

I also got a discount code (via mail) for £10 off one of the new controllers.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it , UPS says its been delivered but its not and it has a signature. Just what I need. Do I contact microsoft sicne I ordered it from them or UPS?

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon has gone from 8:45-11:45 to 12-3 and the van has literally driven past my house twice, I've seen it out the window while tracking the map. Who gives them these routes?! Amazon delivery estimates are literally always wrong for me, but this is the strangest I've seen it be.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
It's quite frustrating that UPS don't at least give a rough estimate of a delivery time.

I've been sat here in my front room waiting since half 7 🤣

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Working from home, keeping my eye on the street for a yodel van

zrolw.jpg

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
A half hour outside Glasgow and same with our Amazon order. I hope Hermes don't get it 😬
I'm also just outside Glasgow. Card was charged in the middle of the night, and woke up to an email saying delivery was now delayed to tomorrow by 9PM.

I'm also just outside Glasgow. On the website mine still says "delivery by 8 pm today" but it's not even dispatched yet. I also got a delay email that says they're aiming to have it dispatched by next working day and I'll get a delivery date/time after that.

I wonder if a Glasgow/Falkirk distribution centre fucked itself somehow!?

24 hours ago I wasn't too fussed if/when it arrived...now everyone is getting one I want it NOW. I'm such a child :-(

The Libertine

Oct 29, 2017
My Amazon order has now updated from 11pm to "Between 2:15pm and 5:15pm". Starting to relax a little bit more, but will not be happy until it is in my hands.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Argos/DHL just arrived. Had a minor heart attack as he rummaged around his van for 4 minutes. Turns out he's put this section of his delivery in backwards.

Anyway, modern gaming ahoy, let's get upgrading, downloading and patching!!

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
I'm also just outside Glasgow. On the website mine still says "delivery by 8 pm today" but it's not even dispatched yet. I also got a delay email that says they're aiming to have it dispatched by next working day and I'll get a delivery date/time after that.

24 hours ago I wasn't too fussed if/when it arrived...now everyone is getting one I want it NOW. I'm such a child :-(

My order has been sitting at dispatched since this morning. Still in Peterborough, apparently.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Kids series S just arrived, just checking it over, updating and putting their profiles on and then I need to talk to the missus to see if they're having it now or if she wants it put away for Christmas.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018

Same scenario. I wonder what went on? I'm not normally patient but I am at the moment. I've already got a one X though!

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
Mine's still in Peterborough despite allegedly delivering today. Ho hum. I am nowhere near Peterborough.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My Amazon order updated to delivery between 5:45pm and 8:45pm, I'm working today anyway so doesn't really bother me all that much, thankfully I have the day off tomorrow since I figured today would mostly be just waiting.

RealEvil

Nov 6, 2017
Argos DHL Delivery out for delivery, got another text saying it will be today but the DHL tracking says they are too busy and it will now be tomorrow. Amazing.

Nov 24, 2018
My Very order, which is being by Yodel is still sitting at their depot and isn't out for delivery yet.

If it doesn't move by 1pm I doubt I'll be getting it today.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Quick silly question for anyone getting their console delivered to them via Royal Mail.

Is your order being tracked? is it like DPD where you can see where the driver is and how many stops are left till your order arrives?

I dont know but something about a say 2 hour window for delivery but not knowing how close or far the driver is for something like an expensive console gets me anxious. 😟

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there's a massive fuck up at Smyths toys. My local store has around 50 series x units available for sale but the website is saying out of stock and you can't just drop in and buy because of lockdown. The staff in store are aware but there's nothing they can do, there's literally shelves of them waiting to be sold.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
Got the same email from Amazon this morning:
-
Hello,

We're sorry about the delay in getting your order to you, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're preparing it for dispatch now.

Within the next business day you should receive an e-mail from us confirming that the following items have been dispatched...

-
Basically, you aren't getting it today but tomorrow you might. Despite them sending me this two days ago:

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Xbox Series X"
Estimated arrival date: November 10 2020

I'm not too mad (as I won't actually be home to sign for it) but still..

Deltatri3

Oct 27, 2017
for anybody who ordered from game using XAA - did you get a code with yours for game pass? all I got in the box was the console?

Edit - never mind I got it, linked to console 😆

Last edited:

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
My Amazon order states 'Arriving Tuesday' but still not dispatched yet. Kinda annoying. Glad I didnt take a day off work.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I opened the brown delivery box and got a scare when the i read this..

20201110-122119.jpg

I was like, please tell me they didn't send me an xbox one s...

Luckily its a series x.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon delivery still not yet out for delivery

Ass Creed didn't arrive with the postman

Seagate SSD due to arrive by 11:30 hasn't arrived

Love launch days !!!

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Got the same email from Amazon this morning:
-
Hello,

We're sorry about the delay in getting your order to you, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're preparing it for dispatch now.

Within the next business day you should receive an e-mail from us confirming that the following items have been dispatched...

-
Basically, you aren't getting it today but tomorrow you might. Despite them sending me this two days ago:

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Xbox Series X"
Estimated arrival date: November 10 2020

I'm not too mad (as I won't actually be home to sign for it) but still..

Exact same here. Weird that my order says it will be here by 10PM, they may try to push it for late delivery.

I'm not too worried either way.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
for anybody who ordered from game using XAA - did you get a code with yours for game pass? all I got in the box was the console?
I believe it should be there when you start up your console via Digital Direct (I think someone mentioned that earlier). From the All Access site: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-all-access

9b19bbc7-1b80-496a-b919-ed567aeb5a1f.jpg

Digital Direct: Your digital content will be delivered directly to your console during set-up; no codes required. All included digital content will be attached to the first Microsoft Account that redeems it.

www.xbox.com

Digital Direct | Xbox

Redeem digital content including games, subscriptions and exclusive content to your Xbox console with your Microsoft account. No codes required.

I'm in the same boat waiting for my XAA arrival, so here's to hoping that info's correct! xD

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Quick silly question for anyone getting their console delivered to them via Royal Mail.

Is your order being tracked? is it like DPD where you can see where the driver is and how many stops are left till your order arrives?

I dont know but something about a say 2 hour window for delivery but not knowing how close or far the driver is for something like an expensive console gets me anxious. 😟

No you just get a 4 hour window of when the delivery is likely to take place.