• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Smyths in the UK said they're doing click and collect from their stores.

For anyone who has preordered online for collection in store, Smyths will charge your card up to 48h before release date, and you just turn up and pick it up on 10 November.

For anyone who has preordered in store for collection in store, you must pay the balance by card (only by card) when you collect it on 10 November.
How can they be when there classes as non essential?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't mind digital then there's currently an Xbox Rewards punch card live for AC:V. You get 6,000 points for buying it on the Xbox Store. That's essentially £5 back in credit.

Just need to make sure you activate the punch card before you pre-order it.

If none of that makes sense and/or you don't have a console at the moment then ignore me and get it from somewhere simpler 😅

Sorry if this sounds silly, but does it still count, if I use a gift card to top up my balance?

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
delete your profile and make sure it's not set as your home console

I don't think you need to do much else. You don't even need to delete the games.
You can just factory reset it, It doesnt take very long. You can also backup your console settings to an external hard disk but i forgot to do that before a reset.

Thanks , fingers crossed it goes smoothly. Certainly going to be a unique console launch.

How much are you getting for trade in at GAME, I was going to give mine to my Dad but he seems happier staying on PC, on the plus side though that saves me a 350 mile drive!
Staff at Game last week reckoned between £130-£150 , depending on the condition maybe ? I know people arnt fans of Game , GameStop etc , but I'm glad I have the option to trade old stuff in and pay like £180 for a next gen console on day 1

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw on Curry's twitter that you have until close of business on Wednesday to go to a shop and pay for your order if you preordered for instore pick up.

I'm sure some orders will slip through the cracks as not everyone can do this so anyone who hasn't managed to pick up a system keep an eye on their website from Thursday morning onwards.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Thanks , fingers crossed it goes smoothly. Certainly going to be a unique console launch.

Staff at Game last week reckoned between £130-£150 , depending on the condition maybe ? I know people arnt fans of Game , GameStop etc , but I'm glad I have the option to trade old stuff in and pay like £180 for a next gen console on day 1
Traded my Pro and X in yesterday. Got £130 credit for pro and £140 for the X.

Thanks, for that price though I'll probably just hang onto it and put it somewhere else in the house.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I've been looking at One X consoles for sale on eBay, they've been going for £250+ sometimes. I know some people aren't keen on selling on eBay, but did you think about trying a selling app or something?
I did but couldn't be bothered with the hassle of shipping it, dealing with the middleman fees and the haggling.

Hulkamania78

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester UK
If your going to Game to trade in sign up for the Elite Card you get some extra on trade ins it's only £3 a month and you can cancel at any time.
I got 10% extra when I traded my Pro and X start of September I cleared £420 with the Elite card But also with the PS5 and XSX each console gets you £18 added to the Game card per console after you pay. So in theory it will pay for a Game on one of the consoles

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
oof. Its only £140 now? I realise we're now right on the doorstep of the new ones but they were giving £242 like 3-4 weeks ago

Hulkamania78

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester UK
oof. Its only £140 now? I realise we're now right on the doorstep of the new ones but they were giving £242 like 3-4 weeks ago
Yeah I had the luxury of using my PC/Gears One S and no PS4. But yeah I knew that Game proper have you off the nearer we get to launch. My friend waited was adamant he would be on the same price but 3 weeks later he lost about £30 on each console

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
If your going to Game to trade in sign up for the Elite Card you get some extra on trade ins it's only £3 a month and you can cancel at any time.
I got 10% extra when I traded my Pro and X start of September I cleared £420 with the Elite card But also with the PS5 and XSX each console gets you £18 added to the Game card per console after you pay. So in theory it will pay for a Game on one of the consoles
you also get back the difference if you don't earn the cost of the membership in points/trade in so you kind of can't lose if you use game at all.
granted, things are Real Different right now so i understand any hesitancy!

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
Stupid tesco declined my series x order from Microsoft. Sent me a text asking if I could confirm if it was a valid transaction 😢

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know which courier Microsoft Store uses for consoles? Some companies (Royal Mail etc) deliver to where I am in Scotland next day but some (DPD etc) take at least 48 hours even when parcels are sent using a next day service. Hoping I get it by release now that my payment has been authorised in advance but half expecting to get it next Wednesday at the earliest.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Does anyone know which courier Microsoft Store uses for consoles? Some companies (Royal Mail etc) deliver to where I am in Scotland next day but some (DPD etc) take at least 48 hours even when parcels are sent using a next day service. Hoping I get it by release now that my payment has been authorised in advance but half expecting to get it next Wednesday at the earliest.

On their website it mentions UPS, but it's unclear if this is the normal one or an option but this is my first time ordering with them too.

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's UPS. But don't quote me on it.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

I think it's UPS

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So... Uummm I haven't read the whole thread but my Amazon pre-order is not showing a shipping date, should I be worried?

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Cheers for the answers everyone, no idea what UPS are like for deliveries up here but fingers crossed!

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
realised last night that harmonix' fuser is out on launch day as a digital game, i was checking stores for the physical release assuming that it was a regular game, but the had a placeholder date.

so yep, that's another game to add to my next gen, all-out, going for broke, launch week hullabaloo 😬

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
UK here. Just been charged by the Microsoft store. My bank blocked the payment but I think it's gone through okay now

FaviousM

Aug 20, 2020
Any deliveries I've had from Microsoft in the last year or two have been with UPS so it's a safe assumption it'll be with UPS time around as well

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Got to go instore to GAME and pay off my Wife and I's consoles at lunch today. So damn excited lol. We're nearly there everyone!!

macapes

Nov 19, 2019
United Kingdom
I appreciate this doesn't really help those still waiting, but I ordered 2 days after the pre-sale started and have been charged. So if you ordered before the 24th there's no obvious reason to be concerned about stock.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Mates just been in to Game to finish up his Klarna process.

Brought the box out, scanned it and took it back in the stock room 🤣

paTherion

Jul 11, 2020
The eBay £1 final listing fee ends tonight at midnight. I've been looking to see what the TLOU2 consoles are going for and it seems it's averaging £250-£320 depending on whether it has the game or not. I've listed mine in there now.
I've sold my tlou2pro for £270 without game and cyberpunk xox (also without game) for £260 last week on Facebook marketplace. Used ebay before that but it's nightmare now. Fake accounts buying your stuff etc.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Same. Just want to know if I'm in the launch day batch or if I'm in an "oops we over ordered" situation.

no.gif

After how much of a mess the initial purchase was they surely wouldn't do that to us.