• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got my Telstra All-Access email. As of today, still in Wave 2 which is early December. There's still a chance I could be bumped, but I'm not hopeful haha

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
I've just been contacted by GAME in Southampton about my instore preorder. I've got to pay for it before Thursday, and then on the 10th I'll be able to pick it up from the store as "Click and Collect". I'm impressed they've been in touch so soon, and it seems like good news.
was going to go in this week to pay mine off but forgot today is a Sunday, haha, so I'll head in in a bit. hoping the fact my stores in a shopping centre doesn't fuck that up.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland

Yes, and the vast majority of people both here and on an Irish forum I visit (my order is on MS Store Ireland) received the email from MS Store a few days ago now, telling them their card would be charged soon and they'd be a day one Xbox owner. I have not received that email. Furthermore, many people have now had their card pre-authorised as MS Store usually takes funds 10 days before release.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and the vast majority of people both here and on an Irish forum I visit (my order is on MS Store Ireland) received the email from MS Store a few days ago now, telling them their card would be charged soon and they'd be a day one Xbox owner. I have not received that email. Furthermore, many people have now had their card pre-authorised as MS Store usually takes funds 10 days before release.
Ah, ok. Yes, I received that email from the MS Store a few days ago. Did you preorder on opening day?

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Ah, ok. Yes, I received that email from the MS Store a few days ago. Did you preorder on opening day?

Yep, I did :( My order confirmation was 19 minutes after pre-orders opened. There was still stock of the Series X on the Irish MS store for around 45 minutes after I ordered so I imagine I was pretty early in.

My order said it was due for delivery on Nov 10th and switched to pending around a month ago. I've heard nothing since and it still says pending. I also still have the ability to change payment method or cancel it, I know some other people have lost those options now.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still have my Series S preorder from over a month ago so I believe I'm guaranteed it at launch but I'm definitely keeping an eye out for a Series X. I may end up just buying an X on the 10th and sending the S back.

I'm okay with an S because I don't have a 4K TV but if I can get an X I may as well.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yep, I did :( My order confirmation was 19 minutes after pre-orders opened. There was still stock of the Series X on the Irish MS store for around 45 minutes after I ordered so I imagine I was pretty early in.

My order said it was due for delivery on Nov 10th and switched to pending around a month ago. I've heard nothing since and it still says pending. I also still have the ability to change payment method or cancel it, I know some other people have lost those options now.

Have you checked your junk mail? I ordered from Microsoft store really late because I got fucked about by smyths all access for most the day, so I didnt end up ordering till after 4pm and I got the email you mentioned, but it was in my junk mail.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Smyths in the UK said they're doing click and collect from their stores.

For anyone who has preordered online for collection in store, Smyths will charge your card up to 48h before release date, and you just turn up and pick it up on 10 November.

For anyone who has preordered in store for collection in store, you must pay the balance by card (only by card) when you collect it on 10 November.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I'm still in the same boat as you too. My e-mail receipt arrived at 8:16am on the 22nd and I still haven't received a recent email like everyone else. Same 'cancel/change how you pay' options are still available for me too.

No e-mail in my junk folder or anything, just checked to make sure. Hope we haven't gotten snubbed for folk who ordered later than us 🤞

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I'm still in the same boat as you too. My e-mail receipt arrived at 8:16am on the 22nd and I still haven't received a recent email like everyone else. Same 'cancel/change how you pay' options are still available for me too.

No e-mail in my junk folder or anything, just checked to make sure. Hope we haven't gotten snubbed for folk who ordered later than us 🤞

Yeah, I hope so too... I'm more worried about not getting the email than the hold on my card; that email went out a few days ago...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just had the call from my local GAME.

They're asking everyone to pay the full balance before Thursday and then doing curbside click and collect on the 10th from 8am. Simple.

Popping over to pay for it all now!

RichieS99

Nov 11, 2017

I wouldnt worry about it, I got my email and I got my confirmation at 25 past so you should be fine.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Just had the call from my local GAME.

They're asking everyone to pay the full balance before Thursday and then doing curbside click and collect on the 10th from 8am. Simple.

Popping over to pay for it all now!
just was in mine to trade stuff in - unfortunately wasn't able to pay off mine yet, sounded like they needed something put in place on the back end but it could just be staff allocation, so I'll be in sometime this week again to pay it off. now to find the best price for assassin's creed and yakuza!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
just was in mine to trade stuff in - unfortunately wasn't able to pay off mine yet, sounded like they needed something put in place on the back end but it could just be staff allocation, so I'll be in sometime this week again to pay it off. now to find the best price for assassin's creed and yakuza!

If you don't mind digital then there's currently an Xbox Rewards punch card live for AC:V. You get 6,000 points for buying it on the Xbox Store. That's essentially £5 back in credit.

Just need to make sure you activate the punch card before you pre-order it.

If none of that makes sense and/or you don't have a console at the moment then ignore me and get it from somewhere simpler 😅

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017

Fingers crossed it's just the system trying to get through all the orders and you'll get yours on launch day.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017

same here. certainly feels like i've been snubbed.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
If you don't mind digital then there's currently an Xbox Rewards punch card live for AC:V. You get 6,000 points for buying it on the Xbox Store. That's essentially £5 back in credit.

Just need to make sure you activate the punch card before you pre-order it.

If none of that makes sense and/or you don't have a console at the moment then ignore me and get it from somewhere simpler 😅
nah that all makes sense, I'll have a look if i can but it through the web store! cheers!

NME

Nov 4, 2017
My xbox series x preorder shows as pending on the Microsoft website, it says I have paid through PayPal... But no money has gone out..? I can't change payment options, so it all looks locked in. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
My xbox series x preorder shows as pending on the Microsoft website, it says I have paid through PayPal... But no money has gone out..? I can't change payment options, so it all looks locked in. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Yeh mine is the same. I have an authorisation on paypal for the order. Im guessing the amount will be taken out at shipping.

NME

Nov 4, 2017
Yeh mine is the same. I have an authorisation on paypal for the order. Im guessing the amount will be taken out at shipping.
OK, but the funny thing is, I don't have an authorisation on PayPal. I think I changed payment method a few weeks back, not sure why, but it's not reflected on my PayPal. I do have an authorisation on PayPal for my PS5 order through Game.. I'm tempted to call Microsoft just to check. I'm not a thief lol.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried calling customer services to see if they can advise? I think there should be a contact number or live chat support on the site.

I'm going to give it till end of the day and then call. I got the email the other day saying they'll take the money out within the 10 days before the console comes out, it's been like 3 days now and nothing.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Wonder how absolutely hammered the servers will be for the new consoles on launch day with people downloading gamepass games etc

Got a physical game for day 1 (Maneater), but will need a patch presumably, so hopefully things don't completly fall over

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Wonder how absolutely hammered the servers will be for the new consoles on launch day with people downloading gamepass games etc

Got a physical game for day 1 (Maneater), but will need a patch presumably, so hopefully things don't completly fall over

Last time they put the option in to download updates before launch, maybe they will do it thia time too.
You can now pre-load any game regardless of whether you've purchased, so you can always do that now to ensure you have the base game before the SX update is out.

I wonder how big smart delivery patches are?

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Last time they put the option in to download updates before launch, maybe they will do it thia time too.
You can now pre-load any game regardless of whether you've purchased, so you can always do that now to ensure you have the base game before the SX update is out.

I wonder how big smart delivery patches are?
Download updates before launch? Sorry, maybe I need more coffee this morning - but how do you download updates on a console you don't have yet?

EnVy_CaLiBeR

Oct 25, 2017
After people got charged, did y'all receive the "get ready to game day one" email from the Microsoft Store? I wouldn't receive a payment reminder email from the Microsoft Store because I paid for my whole order in Microsoft credit so I was wondering was the day one email a sign that my order will be fulfilled.

NME

Nov 4, 2017
Still no authorisation on PayPal for my Microsoft store order :(
I'm in the same boat, see above. Preorder pending with Microsoft, says "paid with PayPal". Yet no pending payment or money out on my paypal.

I called Microsoft, they said as long as it says pending, should be ok. They then suggested calling PayPal.
Called PayPal and they can't see any pending payment from Microsoft, suggested call Microsoft.
Called Microsoft back, as far as they're concerned, if you haven't received any email to the effect that they've had difficulties taking payment and your order is showing as pending, you should be ok. Payment will go ahead around time of shipping.

I just wish I had left my original payment method as card instead of messing around. But this whole preorder business has been quite stressful!

Plum

May 31, 2018
So has anyone else's GAME orders gone from 'Unshipped' to anything else yet? I'm still anxious about maybe having to wait a while after launch to get my Series S, especially after the lockdown news.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land

yeah i have control ultimate edition (no idea if they've committed to a next gen patch on day 1? i've not even seen what the next gen version entails), assassin's creed and yakuza 7, all of which will need a patch of some kind i'm guessing. i'm hoping i can pop in each disk and trigger the smart delivery patches rather than be stuck waiting for each one to download one at a time.

maybe i can download a small xb360 arcade game or something to play whilst it's all downloading!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Download updates before launch? Sorry, maybe I need more coffee this morning - but how do you download updates on a console you don't have yet?

When One X launched they put an option in the settings that allowed the console to download the update for the machine you didn't have; they could do the same here as it's part of the SX launch.

macapes

Nov 19, 2019
United Kingdom
yeah i have control ultimate edition (no idea if they've committed to a next gen patch on day 1? i've not even seen what the next gen version entails), assassin's creed and yakuza 7, all of which will need a patch of some kind i'm guessing. i'm hoping i can pop in each disk and trigger the smart delivery patches rather than be stuck waiting for each one to download one at a time.

maybe i can download a small xb360 arcade game or something to play whilst it's all downloading!

Control UE patch is an unspecified date in the future, not day one.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
My plan of action is to pick my console up as early as possible, set Ori and FH4 to download, get on with some uni work and pray to god XBL doesn't shit the bed before those games have finished downloading.