• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
While I was pretty pissed off (read: fucking livid) when Smyths reopened the XAA orders before sorting out our orders before...I would not have wished those people to lose their orders. What a mess of a situation.

MadAboutEwe

Oct 27, 2017
It's a soft credit check, done once. Once you have an agreement, you just resume. It doesn't affect your credit rating.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
If you did end up with two searches as a result of them screwing up you should be able to get one removed.

Also remember that a hard search isn't the be all and end all - I'd only really be annoyed if you were planning to apply for a mortgage within the next six months.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
If you did end up with two searches as a result of them screwing up you should be able to get one removed.

Also remember that a hard search isn't the be all and end all - I'd only really be annoyed if you were planning to apply for a mortgage within the next six months.

Agreed, if anyone gets a hard search for credit they do not receive you can ask Klarna to reverse it (same with duplicate searches).

Fully agree that it isn't a huge problem either, they fall off over time and a single hard search is perfectly normal in these circumstances where you are taking out a loan or contract, the problems come if you get multiple for some reason as it looks like you are desperately applying for credit.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Just got over two grands worth of credit today, so there is nothing wrong there. You fucked up Klarna. And in turn MS, as you've lost my business, not that I'm sure they will be that bothered lol.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone been able to change their delivery address on GAME for an all access console? I keep getting error messages.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
I always pay for consoles by credit card because it confers Section 75 consumer law protections in the event of the console going faulty for up to 6 years from purchase. At its simplest it basically means the credit card provider is jointly liable for a faulty product.

More here; https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/section75-protect-your-purchases/

Note; PayPal purchases are not offered the same Section 75 protections - https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75/
Good to know, thanks. I did pay with a credit card so will keep that in mind

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Still there....
iEN0E79_d.webp

tenor.gif

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Klarna.nowmsayimg Smyths had taken far too many pre ordwrs.to.covwe.the.stock they had.

Funny thing is Smyths are still advertising the XSX for pre order and you can also still apply for the XSX via XAA.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get why they're cancelling orders... Surely sending people a message to say "You might not get yours on launch day, feel free to cancel" would be a better option here?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they're cancelling orders... Surely sending people a message to say "You might not get yours on launch day, feel free to cancel" would be a better option here?

Most likely because they don't know how many or when they'll get them. Saying ^ implies that you'll still get it with them (albeit sooner rather than later). Standard liability stuff imo.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Even if it was an error these people will 100% have to sign up again. Ultimately their credit agreement is with Klarna and if that was cancelled I would certainly imagine Smyths will not be able to reinstate it.

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well Smyths are advertising PS5 pre orders for tomorrow 😬😬😬

Glad to see it's not just be refreshing the AskSmythsToys twitter search lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm keen to lock in a PS5 DE preorder but I'm gonna have to pass on Smyths this run I think lol. Wonder when other retailers are getting their second ones in.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Honestly, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a DE anywhere.
I don't disagree after Amazon the first time but at least I have that knowledge now. Have the disc version which I'd be happy with - I'm bound to get physical copies through collectors editions at some point - but that flexibility would be nice as previews crop up. Plus, the DE is easier to consider with an XSX ordered.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't disagree after Amazon the first time but at least I have that knowledge now. Have the disc version which I'd be happy with - I'm bound to get physical copies through collectors editions at some point - but that flexibility would be nice as previews crop up. Plus, the DE is easier to consider with an XSX ordered.

Tbh, I wanted to preorder the DE too, but could only get hold of the disc version. After a few days I realised that I was better off due to Sony's apparent pricing policy for next gen.

Something a bit more cheery: hands on previews going up in a few mins apparently.

Last edited:

ischemic

Oct 27, 2017
For those who got declined (with good credit scores etc) and want that hard check deleted, I just got this from Klarna on Twitter

wn5fcry.jpg

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
So when do we think Series Xs are going to be more widely available after launch? I'm considering getting rid of my X pre-order and buying it at a later time instead (likely when Halo Infinite is nearly out) as, quite frankly, I don't need it now. It's kind of ridiculous to be spending £900 this November for games I can play at with a £450 console lol

AC: Valhalla and WD: Legion (the two 3rd party titles I'd likely get for Series X) will look just as great on PS5 and the true next-gen 3rd party stuff won't really be out until next year anyway. I also don't want to go for a Series S instead as I can see myself regretting it down the road.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I pre ordered my ps5 digital edition for smyths no problem whatsoever, it was why I decided to go with them for the all accesss.

Now all this has made me slightly concerned for my ps5 pre order