• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
As soon as I posted that last message I had an email. Went through the process, all sorted. Fuck me, what a shitshow this has all been.

How are people going about it on Smyths still showing as sold out?

They've got a unique way of ordering the series X if you were one of the affected people yesterday, so they have presumably put the XAA page up to allow those to preorder without having any new ones go through. These all expire on Friday, so I'm guessing there will be some more available on Saturday

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got an email, but I already decided to eat the cost upfront at Amazon and get the cheap Gold->Game Pass deal. Sorry Smyths, you fucked this one up.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Regarding the smyths email people are getting does it give you the option to not fulfill the purchase?

I've not received one though I did go through the klarna application yesterday so I figure there is a chance I might get one still but I've bought from elsewhere now.

Winstano

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Regarding the smyths email people are getting does it give you the option to not fulfill the purchase?

I've not received one though I did go through the klarna application yesterday so I figure there is a chance I might get one still but I've bought from elsewhere now.
Yes, it's a code that you need to use. It's an optional purchase and the code expires on Friday

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I AM FUMING. I can now log on to pre order but now Smythsa are asking for

Klarna order number
This can be found on your original xbox all access order confirmation email from Klarna.

I can;t use my serial number as I'm not at home.

I've gone through all my emails and they didn't send me one of these numbers. I've rang Klarna and they don;t even know what an order number is.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017

Klarna order number
This can be found on your original xbox all access order confirmation email from Klarna.

I've gone through all my emails and they didn't send me one of these numbers. I've rang Klarna and they don;t even know what an order number is.
Did yours go through yesteray, or did you receive an email today?

Winstano

Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Klarna order number

Do you have an all access sub already? You should be able to check the details on your Xbox account?

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah got the email from Smyths too and it worked perfectly. I didn't have a DD set up on my account nor anything on the Klarna site from yesterday so didn't think I'd get the opportunity but I did.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
So I was contacted by smyths just now via email. they gave me a unique code and was able to get my xbox x pre-order with all access :) my partner is going to be so chuffed! there is still hope people!

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Nothing here, but then I have spent the last hour slagging them off on Twitter so that might be why.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Do you have an all access sub already? You should be able to check the details on your Xbox account?

Yes. I'm trying to upgrade but nothing I enter lets me progress with the pre-order.

I don't know what you mean. Why would my Klarna order number show up on my Xbox account?

My Klarna acc number doesn't work

My Smyths order number doesn't work.

The merchant number doesn't work.

Nothing works.

Have anyone successfully upgraded their AA via All Access? Surely someone here knows the part of the process I'm on about?!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I'm trying to upgrade but nothing I enter lets me progress with the pre-order.

I don't know what you mean. Why would my Klarna order number show up on my Xbox account?

My Klarna acc number doesn't work

My Smyths order number doesn't work.

The merchant number doesn't work.

Nothing works.

Have anyone successfully upgraded their AA via All Access? Surely someone here knows the part of the process I'm on about?!

That's how the email let us get AA, but it gave the option to enter an xbox serial number (which you've already said you don't have with you).
Have you registered your xbox with MS?

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Spoke to them on the phone. Looking into it but I wasn't logged into smyths when I went through as wasn't prompted to so not sure if it works for me. Annoying, hopefully they'll sort. If not definitely not using smyths again lol.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
What a mess, did mine with Smyths. Got the email from Klarna with my direct debit instruction but there's no direct debit set up according to TSB and I've received no email from Smyth's either.

Winstano

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Gotta say, in spite of the scale of this fuckup, they've possibly come up with the best way to resolve it. Giving a "fake" serial number to upgrade from, and saying stock has been reserved for those affected is a pretty solid response. Shouldn't have had to have come to this though!

You can use your Xbox Serial number which might be somewhere on your xbox account? If you've registered it as your primary is it in there?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, in spite of the scale of this fuckup, they've possibly come up with the best way to resolve it. Giving a "fake" serial number to upgrade from, and saying stock has been reserved for those affected is a pretty solid response. Shouldn't have had to have come to this though!

You can use your Xbox Serial number which might be somewhere on your xbox account? If you've registered it as your primary is it in there?

Ideally, before reopening preorders, they should've reassured people that there were reserved preorders for people who had been screwed over yesterday.

Winstano

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Ideally, before reopening preorders, they should've reassured people that there were reserved preorders for people who had been screwed over yesterday.
They did that in the email that they sent out - agree it probably should've been in a twitter statement or something though

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017

I ended up ringing home and asking the missus to look at the back of the box for the S/N. Can't believe they spring that part way through a pre-order application.

What a shambles.

Finally got the pre-order done though!!!

The latest shambles though.

I live with my missus now but Smyths would not let me change the delivery address from where I lived when I ordered my One X this time last year!! So it's currently being delivered to an empty house!

So I'll have to ring them now I've pre-ordered to change the delivery address.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
I ended up ringing home and asking the missus to look at the back of the box for the S/N. Can't believe they spring that part way through a pre-order application.

What a shambles.

Finally got the pre-order done though!!!

The latest shambles though.

I live with my missus now but Smyths would not let me change the delivery address from where I lived when I ordered my One X this time last year!! So it's currently being delivered to an empty house!

So I'll have to ring them now I've pre-ordered to change the delivery address.
I'm fairly sure they said they can't change address without cancelling.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The serial number they gave me to input for the 'upgrade' was a random Xbox one s Jedi bundle - presume it's just a way to reserve your new console, seemed ok otherwise

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
They did that in the email that they sent out - agree it probably should've been in a twitter statement or something though

The problem is that I didn't get an email from them until 45 minutes ago.

The serial number they gave me to input for the 'upgrade' was a random Xbox one s Jedi bundle - presume it's just a way to reserve your new console, seemed ok otherwise

Yep, that's the same one I got.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I'm fairly sure they said they can't change address without cancelling.

HAha!!!!! This just gets better and better.

They only tell me that AFTER I pre-order. Have they ever done this before?!

So, my next question is. Do they give PRECISE delivery days for delivery? I'm happy to sit in the empty house waiting for it.

What happens if they just randomly try to deliver when nobody is home?

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Daft / obvious question, if you do go all access, the live subscription I presume is a pre paid code right or does it start as soon as it's delivered?

Just thinking if we give it as a Christmas present and if the current subscription needs cancelling first

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Daft / obvious question, if you do go all access, the live subscription I presume is a pre paid code right or does it start as soon as it's delivered?

Just thinking if we give it as a Christmas present and if the current subscription needs cancelling first

I was told that it's a prepaid code on a card (asked in a thread on here some where lol), so you enter it manually whenever you wish (before expiry).

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
But do you have to activate it straight away?

Don't think so, as long as it is not set up. From their help pages:

Your 24-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is delivered directly to your console. Redeem it during initial console setup or later in the Settings app.
To redeem during initial setup:
As you set up your new console, you'll be prompted to redeem the Digital Direct offers that come with it. If you decide not to redeem them right away, the offers remain on the console until they're redeemed.
To redeem after setup in Settingsapp:
  1. Select Settings > Account > Included with this Xbox to see an overview of and redemption status of any Digital Direct offers included with your console.
  2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all > Full Library. Look under Available offers to see your offers

Hulkamania78

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester UK
I got mine through Game and Access. today I logged in at 6am and the page wants ready even though that was the time but by 7am it was and tbh the process dead easy and straight forward. I honestly thought Game would mess it up but ive had all the emails,
Gutted for you guys who went Smyths. I work right next to a Smyths in Manchester but glad I didn't go in now. Hope you guys get sorted.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Cancelled the backup Series X amazon order I made.

Just so fucking relieved the XAA is sorted. Still would not go this route in the future, communication from Smyths has been abysmal, the only positive thing I can say is that they worked out a way to fix the issue. Just got to hope they have the stock when it comes time to deliver now.

Never had both consoles at launch like this. Zero idea what to pick up Cyberpunk on now. I assume the Series X version might look more enhanced as the PS5 is just back compat?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017

Just so fucking relieved the XAA is sorted. Still would not go this route in the future, communication from Smyths has been abysmal, the only positive thing I can say is that they worked out a way to fix the issue. Just got to hope they have the stock when it comes time to deliver now.

Never had both consoles at launch like this. Zero idea what to pick up Cyberpunk on now. I assume the Series X version might look more enhanced as the PS5 is just back compat?
I think games will generally run better on the XSX, but also don't forget XSX/XSS get auto HDR for every game.
Only game I'm worried about is Watch dogs, because I remember reading that Watch Dogs 2 ran awfully on X1 (possibly X1X too).

Oct 26, 2017
UK

I'm planning to wait till 2021 for cyberpunk to play it when the proper next gen patches come out, though there is a good chance I won't have the willpower to wait lol

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Just got this email from Smyths (in response to a ticket I raised last night):

"Thank you for your email.

We have checked with Klarna to verify all customers who had an approved Klarna credit applications for Xbox All Access on Tuesday 22nd of September.

All of these customer have now received an email from us with further information on completing their Xbox All Access Pre-Order.

Please note some of these emails may have gone to your spam or junk folders.

Klarna have confirmed to us that while a customer may have received a direct debit confirmation email, this is not a confirmation of credit approval under their process.

If you have not already received an email from us, then we would recommend that you contact Klarna directly to receive feedback from them on your Klarna credit application. We are not involved in the credit process and do not have access to your information so unfortunately we can't help with this.

Klarna contact information is:
Phone: 0808 189 3333
Email: [email protected]
Please be sure to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.
"

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018

We have checked with Klarna to verify all customers who had an approved Klarna credit applications for Xbox All Access on Tuesday 22nd of September.

All of these customer have now received an email from us with further information on completing their Xbox All Access Pre-Order.

Klarna have confirmed to us that while a customer may have received a direct debit confirmation email, this is not a confirmation of credit approval under their process.

If you have not already received an email from us, then we would recommend that you contact Klarna directly to receive feedback from them on your Klarna credit application. We are not involved in the credit process and do not have access to your information so unfortunately we can't help with this.

"

Right, sounds like they are basically saying that if the credit approval was not successful then don't expect an email. That will irk some people as I think some had a rejection email and a DD email for some reason.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Right, sounds like they are basically saying that if the credit approval was not successful then don't expect an email.
Similar, but I read it as: "If we don't email you, it's because it wasn't successful", which is still stupid because how would you know?

I mean to be honest, there are a lot more people out there, more patient than me, so I expect that they are still patiently waiting for Smyths to email them. Not sure how many preorders those people have missed out on / will miss out on, because by the looks of it, Smyths haven't tweeted to let people know that they've finished emailing everyone that they will.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020

"

I got a different reply, but I don't expect it to go any further as my Klarna application was definitely declined yesterday.

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch and our apologies for the delay in reply.

We are checking with Klarna to identify all customers who have successful Klarna direct debits on Tuesday 22nd of September.

We will be in touch with these customers directly.

Best wishes,

Hannah
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I got a different reply, but I don't expect it to go any further as my Klarna application was definitely declined yesterday.

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch and our apologies for the delay in reply.

We are checking with Klarna to identify all customers who have successful Klarna direct debits on Tuesday 22nd of September.

We will be in touch with these customers directly.

Best wishes,

Hannah
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores

That's word for word the message they were tweeting in response to people querying.