• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
UK
So if I have an email of a direct debit being confirmed but don't get in touch, will they just forget about me? I've pre ordered an series x elsewhere and not interested in the all access anymore.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm not mad. Catering for the mad dash of gamers just not their thing and that's ok. If stock comes up later I'll cancel my existing one and get it from there. They're still an excellent retailer.

Microsoft shouldn't have put their name on the supported list, though.

Oh yeh no doubt. I still buy any electrical purchase I can through them.
They're just not very good at this kind of thing.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
PLOT TWIST in the Smyths saga!

So... People that got the direct debit confirmation should be alright? That's... Hopeful.

Edit: I got this reply from Sam Bateman earlier. They're very much aware that this is having a bad impact on Xbox as a brand, so I have faith that they're trying to get this resolved:

Harlowlad

Oct 27, 2017
Working out how to contact Smyths Toys, can only find online form with no way to attach proof. anyone else had any joy?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PLOT TWIST in the Smyths saga!

So... People that got the direct debit confirmation should be alright? That's... Hopeful.

Edit: I got this reply from Sam Bateman earlier. They're very much aware that this is having a bad impact on Xbox as a brand, so I have faith that they're trying to get this resolved:

How about the direct debit confirmation but then followed by a rejection.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I am wondering now if maybe the rejections were linked to stock. It would make more sense why so many people were being rejected who have decent credit histories. I did order quite late after they went up as I was pissing around with Game first trying to get that working.

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My friend got an email from Smyths. Saying he's still eligible for an xbox series s via all access, also there won't be a credit check.

They'll be in touch shortly with details on how to re order.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Out of interest, is it showing up for anyone (obviously those having an issue) in their Smyth's order history, or order history on Klarna?

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even convinced I want it anymore. They haven't given me any confidence they can actually deliver a system to me.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, literally all I have is the DD notification for Klarna. I have also not received any mail from Smyths like some people have mentioned here
Did you get an error or rejection message, or anything?

I didn't get a damn thing apart from the DD confirmation; hell I don't even know whether the order went through or not lol.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Neither. People who DM-ed them, what did you send? There is nothing in my direct debit email that mentions Smyths at all.

On their Twitter some one asked them about Klarna etc, and Smyths said to dm them their email address associated with the order. So I dm'd them with a brief message (placed order, only got dd confirmation), and my email address.

thenameDS

Jul 17, 2018
Just emailed Smyths. I got my Klarna direct debit confirmation, but Smyths told me they were no longer delivering Xbox Series X once I completed the Klarna application.

My Klarna app or Smyths have no information about this order... let's see what they say.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Feel awful for those who've been screwed over by this all-access fiasco. It's shocking how 14h after preorders went live none of MS, Klarna, Smyths or GAME can give a straight answer.

It's not rocket science, and they had fucking months to prepare for this.

Hope everyone who wants one gets one.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Apparently this is the Smyths email going out....note I have not received this myself despite getting a DD confirmation: