• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I can't believe how lucky it seems I was with GAME and AA, it was all sorted in under 10 minutes just after 8am!

I'm now hoping Sony issue more stock for the PS5 DE and my luck holds!

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Yeah you'd think so. I bet the major stores know their allocation. Smaller stores probably will find out later depending on demand.
i lived in a town in somerset when the 360 was released. pretty sure gamestation there received the leftover dregs in regards to allocation, haha. i think if i remember rightly they were sent two xbox core/20gb or whatever they were called.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Amazon UK look like they have the Series X back in stock?
tenor.gif

dotnetguy

Jul 12, 2020
A little surprised that Series S is still in plentiful supply on Amazon, although not THAT surprising when you consider it's really targeted at a more casual audience rather than us hardcore day 1 people.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
A little surprised that Series S is still in plentiful supply on Amazon, although not THAT surprising when you consider it's really targeted at a more casual audience rather than us hardcore day 1 people.
Exactly, I've been saying the same on here since it was announced.

X will be the must have item this side of Christmas, not the S. Because X appeals to the early adopters, the hardcore. Come next year though, especially when MS is doing their holiday bundles and XBO stock is fully depleted, S will easily outsell the X. Basically those who just want a new FIFA/CoD box, or parents looking for a great value deal to keep their kids entertained.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Went to Game Westfield White City London 50min before opening and there were 6 ppl queuing. By the time it opened at 10am there were maybe 12-15 people. Went to buy something in Waitrose after and the queue had already gone.

Got one on Amazon this morning too as a back up.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Amazes me that these sites don't adequately prepare for the traffic.

They'll have made a decision that they would rather this be the current situation instead of spending the money needed for the small initial rush, their preparations are basically accepting that this is a likely outcome but that eventually things will go back to normal. It makes business sense to do that but it's a terrible experience for customers.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i must be out of the loop but smyths isn't a place i'd have ever thought would be in the running to work with MS for all access. wonder if a bid was put in? yikes.

They were the only place last gen that did it for One S/X I think?

Regardless. One retailer having problems is unfortunate. Both shitting the bed separately for different reasons is awful.

May 25, 2019
London
How have the UK preorders gone today? Wondering if people have had more luck with all retailers going online at the same time and therefore distributing the demand, as opposed to last week's panic rush from one retailer to another with the PS5

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How have the UK preorders gone today? Wondering if people have had more luck with all retailers going online at the same time and therefore distributing the demand, as opposed to last week's panic rush from one retailer to another with the PS5

System purchases seem to have been fine generally, but All Access has basically failed to work except for the very first few people as those two retailers have had enormous issues.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Glad I ordered my Series S from Microsoft, as I didn't know at the time Amazon wouldn't let me order both models. Got the X from Amazon, S from Microsoft. The S is for my kids at Christmas.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Seems to have been a lot smoother. Probably a combination of retailers sticking to the correct time and less demand for MS' console.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

As someone who was only interested in getting the all access deal its been a complete shit show

However I could almost certainly have got a console without all access if that was what I was after.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Seemingly could have ordered multiple from various sites if I wanted to, so pretty smooth.

I think there might be actual pricks out there who did this.