• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Well, today did not go well. The Microsoft Store wouldn't let me use the balance I had topped up. Kept getting an error.

Thought I'd place the order anyway since they don't take the money until dispatch and see if I could get support to apply the gift vouchers for me and they said there's no way they can do that.

So I've got £475 in my Microsoft account with nothing to spend it on. 😂

Oof, that's rough.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Both GAME and Smyths still down...over two and a half hours since they were meant to go live...(although in fairness, GAME was up for like 15 seconds).

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Well, today did not go well. The Microsoft Store wouldn't let me use the balance I had topped up. Kept getting an error.

Thought I'd place the order anyway since they don't take the money until dispatch and see if I could get support to apply the gift vouchers for me and they said there's no way they can do that.

So I've got £475 in my Microsoft account with nothing to spend it on. 😂

If you go to your order and select "change payment method" can you do it yourself there?

I was planning to top up on some discounted Microsoft vouchers before release to take some money off the price so this is very disapointing lol.

EDIT: replied to wrong person

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I have one preorder with Curry's, and another with Microsoft (accidentally when the pages got stuck and I went and ordered at Curry's).

I need to cancel one, but unsure which would be considered the more reliable?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Decided I'm just going to sell my X & Pro prior to the new consoles and stick with my Amazon order of the XSX. Can't be bothered to wait and chase the XAA when that should hopefully get me ~£300 to take off of it.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
How's GAME normally with deliveries? Haven't used them before since I would just pop into the store, but I ain't trying to do that now if I don't have to with COVID and all that jazz.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
If you go to your order and select "change payment method" can you do it yourself there?

I was planning to top up on some discounted Microsoft vouchers before release to take some money off the price so this is very disapointing lol.

EDIT: replied to wrong person
Nope, it's not listed there. I thought it would be. I'll keep trying support and see if I can get someone with more direct access or something.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
7 people now at my GameStop at 5:45am. We have 7 Xs and 2 Ss available. Glad I didn't wait until 7am like I'd planned.

maloney

Oct 28, 2017
Did you just spam the cart button or refresh the page? Just wanna be prepared lol

Ok, to be honest it was a little chaotic!
I was spamming the add to cart button and it was saying the maximum quantity error. I then thought I'd try again and add a controller to my order to see if that made a difference. At that point MS website started chugging so while I waited to see if it updated I went to Amazon on another tab.. I couldn't pre-order so I switched back to the MS tab... lo and behold a series X was in my cart, but no controller! So I then completed the order quick!

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Shit, I thought i'd just be able to preorder the Series S from my local GAME at some point before it launches.

Jun 20, 2018
I want to get a white controller (I'm getting Series X) but might wait for Black Friday as there's no real rush for a second controller.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
My local Game (a pretty small one) just said 'we don't know what our allocation is yet'... which is worrying for me.
i honestly would think that's actually the case, because at the end of the day you don't want members of staff telling people that they won't have any on release day. maybe the manchester shop is busy enough to guarantee an allocation?

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
There is definitely something odd going on with Smyths. Twitter is full of people who are saying they are all sold out as they cant even preorder in store.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
i honestly would think that's actually the case, because at the end of the day you don't want members of staff telling people that they won't have any on release day. maybe the manchester shop is busy enough to guarantee an allocation?

Yeah you'd think so. I bet the major stores know their allocation. Smaller stores probably will find out later depending on demand.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft end up doing All Access themselves in the future, given how much of a failure both Smyths and Game have been.

If anything I'm surprised MS weren't handling it themselves already.

Oct 27, 2017
They also had a bundle up with a pricing error of like £180 (was an XSX + headset for around £319?) so imagine they're also currently wondering what to do about all the people that got in on that lol.
Noticed it straight away but purposely didn't pre-order because Game are the last company I'd expect to honour it, haha.

It did prompt me to remember that I'd need a headset for the Series X, though. Can anyone who knows more about them than I do recommend Turtle Beach? Noticed there's pre-orders for a 700X Gen 2 model which looked decent. For PlayStation I just go with official Sony headsets so I don't know much about the third party qualities at all.