• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

0ean

Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Just saw this promo on the Amazon Series S listing:
GGfJlW3.png

Did anyone notice this when preordering the Series X? I must have missed it in my haste, but that's a nice little bonus, which i'll def use.
I didn't notice it, but then was going at speed through checkout. Nice little bonus.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Both All Access retailers absolutely screwed the pooch, what a shambles

yup they sure did. In the UK smyths website was a no go from early on, and the game website was even worse. Joined queue at 1 or so min past 8 and by the time I got access there were no consoles left

Would be interesting to see if anyone managed to get an all access version

I managed to get my Series X via amazon instead

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
That was a mess.

The MS Store puts out an "you've already got the max in your cart" error, my cart says it's empty from the product page but after 5 mins of retrying I go to check the cart and it's actually in there.

So I managed to snag one but it wasn't any better of an experience than the PS5 was for me.

Oct 27, 2017
One thing to note with GAME, is they seem to want in-store collection only and charge £9.99 for it.

On desktop, the page where you define collection has the "Continue to Payment" button enabled before you select a collection point, then disables it after. Someone on their front-end fucked up.

And it looks like a lot of people got around this bug, and will have an undefined collection point on their order, so it's worth checking your email receipt. I've reached out to support to see if they can add the correct collection point.

Had that. But cancelled and reordered with a controller, funny enough did not get that bug.

0ean

Banned
Jan 30, 2019
You would expect Xbox to have more stock compared to PS5 considering how early they've been developing/shipping. Would be interesting to see if these all sell out everywhere.

Firthy

Nov 19, 2017
UK
Literally stuck at the confirm order page for GAME Xbox All Access and getting the error message ' There was an error emptying your basket, please try again.'

Credit check etc all gone through a breeze- but won't let me confirm!

Jun 20, 2018
One thing to note with GAME, is they seem to want in-store collection only and charge £9.99 for it.

On desktop, the page where you define collection has the "Continue to Payment" button enabled before you select a collection point, then disables it after. Someone on their front-end fucked up.

And it looks like a lot of people got around this bug, and will have an undefined collection point on their order, so it's worth checking your email receipt. I've reached out to support to see if they can add the correct collection point.

Yup, this happened to me. I have an Amazon order too, but my plan was to cancel that once I knew Game was fine.

OP
OP
AfterTheFall

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
That was a mess.

The MS Store puts out an "you've already got the max in your cart" error, my cart says it's empty from the product page but after 5 mins of retrying I go to check the cart and it's actually in there.

So I managed to snag one but it wasn't any better of an experience than the PS5 was for me.

Ya, I gave up and snagged one from Amazon because of the cart issue

NME

Nov 4, 2017
Literally stuck at the confirm order page for GAME Xbox All Access and getting the error message ' There was an error emptying your basket, please try again.'

Credit check etc all gone through a breeze- but won't let me confirm!
Same thing happened to me then booted me out, wouldn't let me back in either. Now waiting in the queue again and cba. I'll probably end up cancelling DD as I couldn't confirm order on final page due to emptying basket error.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Got a Series X and Series S. I'll decide nearer the time 👍

It's fascinating in that I suspect in about four weeks time, there will be more stock of the PS5 and XSX/XSS put back into circulation

It's anecdotal sure, but I know of a surprising amount of people preordering both the PS5 and XSX through Amazon here in the UK and waiting the next four weeks to see what new info comes through from Sony / MS about the new consoles to help solidify their choice then cancel the one they don't want

It's unlike any other gen I can personally remember in that sense.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Did anyone ever end up getting through with All Access via Smyths?

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk

That happened to me just without the delivery fee. I've messaged them and hopefully they can sort it as I've not got a game close by anymore.