• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flip

Oct 25, 2017
One thing to note with GAME, is they seem to want in-store collection only and charge £9.99 for it.

On desktop, the page where you define collection has the "Continue to Payment" button enabled before you select a collection point, then disables it after. Someone on their front-end fucked up.

And it looks like a lot of people got around this bug, and will have an undefined collection point on their order, so it's worth checking your email receipt. I've reached out to support to see if they can add the correct collection point.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
True, but Very isn't a great comparison right now anyway. The bloody XBox's don't show up if you search for them! I had to use the link in this thread.

Based on the retail allocation in the US, the Series X and the PS5 are very similar, so there's no reason to think that the production isn't the same right now.

Yeah but there'll naturally be less due to a worldwide launch in so many countries no?

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Run little dude, run!

Same here...

YBQOZhN.gif

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone shitting on SMYTHS...they were really efficient with the Ps5 preorders although they jumped the gun.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Why would anyone not just buy it from the MS store? Still offering preorders no problem.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Managed to snag a Series S from Amazon too. Might stick it in the second room if I do decide to keep it.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
waited in a queue for 40 minutes, it finally goes to redirect me only to say game website is down for maintenance...well fuck

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Why on earth are people spending an hour in a queue on Currys when you can instantly go on amazon and buy? Odd.

BozoHarry

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland.
One thing to note with GAME, is they seem to want in-store collection only and charge £9.99 for it.

On desktop, the page where you define collection has the "Continue to Payment" button enabled before you select a collection point, then disables it after. Someone on their front-end fucked up.

And it looks like a lot of people got around this bug, and will have an undefined collection point on their order, so it's worth checking your email receipt. I've reached out to support to see if they can add the correct collection point.

I ordered the Series X + Blue Controller bundle, and my only delivery option was £9.99 DPD Next Day.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but there'll naturally be less due to a worldwide launch in so many countries no?

I'm guessing they'll mostly be funneled into the US and UK as that's where their usual base is. They might not even sell out of initial allocations in some parts of Europe, unless stock is low.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Got a series X & S pre-ordered. Not sure which one to keep yet as I've not seen a huge amount of comparisons. Hopefully it'll become clear over the next month.

If I keep the X the S might end up being a christmas present for the boy.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw this promo on the Amazon Series S listing:
GGfJlW3.png

Did anyone notice this when preordering the Series X? I must have missed it in my haste, but that's a nice little bonus, which i'll def use.

Geezer

Jan 29, 2018
I managed to order an X with Amazon then an S with Microsoft while waiting on Amazon to the list the S. Followed by an S with Amazon after it finally went up.

Like they did with the PS5, Amazon staggered making the cheaper SKU available by about 30 minutes.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Well that's me out of the XAA series x hunt! Best of luck to the rest of you.

Gotta go outside booooo

flip

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered the Series X + Blue Controller bundle, and my only delivery option was £9.99 DPD Next Day.

It is bizarre they offered collection only on the XSX standalone. Maybe the actual problem is they forgot to add DPD options there. Anyway, hoping CS will help me out since I used £250 of trade-in money.

a.wd

Oct 26, 2017
UK
AMAZON HAVE THE S FOR PREORDER AGAIN, it was sold out then? maybe someone found some in like a box or something? Either way, crack on!

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
I'm guessing they'll mostly be funneled into the US and UK as that's where their usual base is. They might not even sell out of initial allocations in some parts of Europe, unless stock is low.

I just want it a bit more even and hopefully this is the start, Sony with a big lead is not good and they've shown in the past they can get a bit silly when in that position.

It'll be nice to have the first XBOX in the house since 360, and I'm loving MS's attitude to PC as that's where I play their games.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Honestly, those (like me) waiting of Smyths XAA just need to keep an eye on the page. For whatever reason they do not seem to have gone live yet, have not seen anyone say they have one from there.

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm...

Edit: so technically, right now it's impossible to get an XSS/XSX via AA online, even though there might be preorders available. GG Game/Smyths...

Yeah,

It was always going to be a tricky one as without gauging interest in AA you'd have to have two separate stock pools for AA and normal to remove the risk of selling out of orders in the process of having a credit application, think I saw Game were giving 60 minutes? I imagine on their back end the AA offer is on a separate SKU to avoid any mix up but this creates a whole load of other potential issues.

Unless MS have fixed the allocations for AA and normal sale which I seriously doubt it presents a logistical nightmare for the retailers, where even if they were able to offer AA i'm not sure why you would willing sign up to it unless there was something in it for you.

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
trying to buy through all aceess on game, sailed thro the process with Klara, but can't check out now.. guess they've all gone...

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why on earth are people spending an hour in a queue on Currys when you can instantly go on amazon and buy? Odd.

Amazon success depends on how you're loading the page. The app keeps crashing at the basket, the mobile link won't load properly, but browsing in desktop version (on mobile and desktop) seems to work fine.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Amazon success depends on how you're loading the page. The app keeps crashing at the basket, the mobile link won't load properly, but browsing in desktop version (on mobile and desktop) seems to work fine.

Yeah it's odd for Amazon - desktop version was required for the PS5 preorder scrum also

thenameDS

Jul 17, 2018
Managed to get a Series X and Series S on Amazon. Good luck to everyone still trying. Smyths seems a shitshow I was trying to get a AA Series X.. but doesn't seem like the page is even up yet.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just want it a bit more even and hopefully this is the start, Sony with a big lead is not good and they've shown in the past they can get a bit silly when in that position.

It'll be nice to have the first XBOX in the house since 360, and I'm loving MS's attitude to PC as that's where I play their games.

Yup, I'm 3 for 3 in the ordering clusterfucks as I got my 3080. In home streaming with HDR is too fiddly, so a Series X with Game Pass and cloud saves is just ideal for me on that end when I want to switch up displays.

I don't think Sony will run away compared to the PS4 v XB1 situation, but they will be in the lead no matter what stock levels are. But with them offering wildly different value propositions and MS willing to spend bonkers money, Sony would be fools to just sit back and think the status quo will carry them.