• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game did a boo-boo

41986691.jpg

Probably be cancelled, but still funny.

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Series S pre-ordered through Currys, that was incredibly easy. My dad tried to join the queue a few minutes after me and was thirty thousand persons behind me lol.
Luckliy I snagged via Amazon and the MS store, but there were over 80k in the queue just before 8am when i refreshed the Currys page

Just scanning now and it's at 67k

People are hungry for next gen

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Of course, but it wasn't a comparison. It was saying there is high demand for this and it's not just stock being low.

No, no, you got what I'm saying wrong.

I'm not saying there's no demand, I'm saying the demand seems more than it is because of the same time release, and that they'll sell out quickly because I don't think MS have made as many as they should.

As an example there's just 1,500 people looking at series X on very right now, compared to 16,000 odd when I checked after buying my PS5.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they never mentioned all access as it's made the whole process more stressful, happy to have got a series s but not having it with all access is a shame

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
A word of warning for anyone in Northern Ireland waiting in the Game All Access queue, says not available in Northern Ireland. WTF?

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
OK I still haven't got my rewards credit taken off the final order price, was told by xbox support that only the store can manage this ... and the store support line isn't open yet. Kudos to Wilmar P on support, they were very pleasant to deal with.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, no, you got what I'm saying wrong.

I'm not saying there's no demand, I'm saying the demand seems more than it is because of the same time release, and that they'll sell out quickly because I don't think MS have made as many as they should.

As an example there's just 1,500 people looking at series X on very right now, compared to 16,000 odd when I checked after buying my PS5.

True, but Very isn't a great comparison right now anyway. The bloody XBox's don't show up if you search for them! I had to use the link in this thread.

Based on the retail allocation in the US, the Series X and the PS5 are very similar, so there's no reason to think that the production isn't the same right now.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if Smyths have actually done anything because the message hasn't change. Surely they didn't all go in a millisecond

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
Ordered one X and one S from MS store, no problem at all. They'll charge just before shipping.
Still no Amazon listing here (Italy).

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Smyths still broken and currently in the queue on Game website....
Yeah, I got one from GAME, sounds like I was very lucky though.

I refreshed the queue page and was in under a minute.
Phew, got the XSX AA all handled via GAME. Got my order confirmation number from GAME and Klarna now, so yay! It was stuck on the confirm order spinny wheel of death for awhile, so I thought the order got fucked even though Klarna gave me the okay via email.

giphy.gif

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Kudos to anyone who got sorted with GAME. Joined the queue at 7:30, reached the front at 7:50, kept refreshing for 10 minutes then threw me to the back of a 1 hour+ queue lol.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Idk why these stores never make it clear which page the pre-order links will go live from, nor why they don't have a one-click pre-order.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GAME is officially down "for maintenance". Guessing that they're aware of the price error Hasney posted about.

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
Why MS only decided to let two companies do AA, I'll never know...

I might be wrong but I'm not sure this has anything to do with MS? From what I can see the credit is provided by Klarna so it is probably just limited to retailers that already have an existing relationship with Klarna in order to offer the service. Amazon offer their own credit payment schemes, as do Very and I believe Argos as well. Not sure on all retailers doing preorders but it seems likely to me thats the reason for the limited choice.

0ean

Banned
Jan 30, 2019
It appears scalpers are already selling xsx on eBay and people are buying them for £600+

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone that pre ordered from Very, I can share a positive experience for my day one edition Xbox One.

It arrived on the day of launch, around 7/8pm. Thr lateness was more likely due to the courier than Very themselves.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Luckliy I snagged via Amazon and the MS store, but there were over 80k in the queue just before 8am when i refreshed the Currys page

Just scanning now and it's at 67k

People are hungry for next gen

Surely the People Ahead of you is how many in queue right now and the Queue Number is how many total who queued?

So they dealt with like 8,000 in 40 minutes.

...gonna be a LOOOOONG day.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
My queue finished at Game, but made the mistake of saying I had an account and now I'm stuck.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
True, but Very isn't a great comparison right now anyway. The bloody XBox's don't show up if you search for them! I had to use the link in this thread.

Based on the retail allocation in the US, the Series X and the PS5 are very similar, so there's no reason to think that the production isn't the same right now.

They're still not showing up? Jesus, I guess that explains that then.

Both are still available so anyone stuck on Currys grab one at Very

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I might be wrong but I'm not sure this has anything to do with MS? From what I can see the credit is provided by Klarna so it is probably just limited to retailers that already have an existing relationship with Klarna in order to offer the service. Amazon offer their own credit payment schemes, as do Very and I believe Argos as well. Not sure on all retailers doing preorders but it seems likely to me thats the reason for the limited choice.

Hmm...

Edit: so technically, right now it's impossible to get an XSS/XSX via AA online, even though there might be preorders available. GG Game/Smyths...

Oct 27, 2017
Was on at 7:30am to join Game's virtual queue, and was on the site by 7:36, but then 8am came and no pre-order. Knowing it said I'd only stay logged in for an hour, I started to check Amazon and after several "problem adding to basket" messages, got one through at 8:12am.

Managed to get one at Game at 8:23, but something is weird with it. It's showing as collect from store as a delivery option in my account despite me not picking that. If I try to change address, it shows my home address is already in as the delivery address. I've emailed them but it makes me nervous that any changes push me further down the queue.

I've not pre-ordered a console other than the Wii which was all done in store. Do you usually get confirmations that your order is likely to be fulfilled on launch day? I need to cancel one, but want to make sure the other will get it to me before I do.
I had a look at Game too, and there was never any delivery options at checkout when I added to basket. By clicking nothing else, I thought it would default to their free Royal Mail service. Instead, my email receipt said "Collect from Store" without even specifying a store. I cancelled it immediately.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Why anyone is using anything other than Amazon im not sure!!

Game has let me down in the past, so has VERY and Currys!!