• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I did PayPal credit for both argos and ms store. I can see the payment for Argos, not an instruction from MS store. I guess that'll be initiated nearer dispatch.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Was only getting one if I could do the all access thing, guess I'm not getting one. Did pre order a ps5 so its not the worst thing not getting the x

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Well....Smyths never put any up on XAA so that has kind of fucked up my plans, now the game queue for XAA is over an hour.

Think I have failed.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
For those struggling to add to basket on MS store, going incognito worked for me!

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I want to do is go eat some frosties but I know as soon as I look away Smyths will sell out

edit: maybe they're already gone then. I'm bored now.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After countless page loads, hangs, stalls, pictures of dogs etc, I managed to snag a Series X at Amazon, plus Argos as a back up for good measure (Amazon can be unreliable).

My tip for Amazon if you're using a mobile is not to bother with the app, and load the link in your mobile browser, but as the desktop version. That worked for me just as it did with the PS5 pre-order, else it simply wouldn't load or add to the cart.

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Smyths jumping the gun on PS5 while being asleep at the wheel for the Series X, despite being one of the only places you can get All Access... GG, fellas.

Is that confirmed? I was on the page for ages but it never went live

I selected the console i wanted, and it said none available for either click or collect or home delivery, and this was bang on 8am too..

Munroe

May 17, 2019
If when going to Game website you end up in a queue, open up an incognito window and try again, I managed to get straight in

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Argos did the Barclays payment authorization, they've already taken my money but it went to a "not found" page and the order isn't showing in my account now. How the hell am I going to sort this one out?
A similar thing happened to me. The last page never loaded. However, I can see it in my Orders section and I got Paypal email so it seemed to go through ok. I would give a couple of hours to settle down then if it's not there I would get in touch with Argos.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Did anyone buy one from Smyths outright as in NOT on XAA? I can't work out if they sold out everything normally and didn't bother with XAA or it just hasn't gone up yet.

I've had the same message since 7.35 am

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
People can calm down if they've ordered from Amazon, for example. You've got your email and your confirmation. The product now isn't available. This thing has been planned well by Microsoft, so they knew exactly how many machines they had, for sure. You're good.

Thanks again to whoever posted the Smile link, godsend.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure what's actually going on with the Smyths site, keeps saying there's no consoles available for home delivery or for my chosen store - but it's literally said that from the beginning. So either their stock API isn't working, or some numpties not set up the listing properly.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I selected the console i wanted, and it said none available for either click or collect or home delivery, and this was bang on 8am too..

That's the same whether you choose a console or not, has been since before 8am. I genuinely think someone's missed the "go live" button, as they've not even tweeted about it. The entire gaming section is a bit broken at the moment

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
seems pretty easy to get an x for me, apart from on all access? got one from amazon, game still easily have them purchasable (non all access)

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Really struggled there with the MS store trying to get the checkout to work but stopped using Safari and switched to Firefox and it finally worked.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argos did the Barclays payment authorization, they've already taken my money but it went to a "not found" page and the order isn't showing in my account now. How the hell am I going to sort this one out?

I used PayPal for Argos. In these sorts of scenarios I always find it's more reliable.