• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 17, 2018
I suspect I'm just suffering with a bit of FOMO but even though I have a gaming PC, a Series X under the TV as a media centre and for the occasional game I want to play on the big screen sounds tempting. I also have a ton of games on my One X that I'd like to play enhanced.

All Access is almost too good of a deal too.

Deleted member 59

How does the shopto thing work? I've registered my interest and "preordered" but i assume at 8am i need to log back in and "confirm" my preorder?

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Awake and ready....think this is going to be worse than PS5, not holding out much hope of getting an All Access Series X right now. Good luck all.

If I can't go the all access route I probably won't bother, I can afford to just get it outright but it has been an expensive month so I would rather spread it out instead of having another £450 charge.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck everyone!

I'm not planning on picking one up until early next year when I'd like to think there won't be any stock issues, but I will have fomo of that new console buzz.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Woke up early in case any retailers listed early like with PS5. Looks like everyone is sticking to 8am. I have Amazon, MS Store, Game, Smyths and John Lewis loaded and ready to refresh. Also have a "register of interest" at ShopTo as a backup. Crossing my fingers.

Good luck everyone.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect I'm just suffering with a bit of FOMO but even though I have a gaming PC, a Series X under the TV as a media centre and for the occasional game I want to play on the big screen sounds tempting. I also have a ton of games on my One X that I'd like to play enhanced.

All Access is almost too good of a deal too.

Having played around with moonlight streaming and having to run back adn forth to the PC to click on pop up windows, and not able to pick 4k as my PC monitor is 1440p, I'm feeling similar. Just easier to play on xbox under the TV. And gamepass has quite a few more console games than PC.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I've got 30 minutes to decide whether I want to get one of these. Just seems like such a defunct purchase when I already have a PC but, damn, I still want one lol.

dabbling

Dec 3, 2018
Anybody found any actual landing pages besides the Microsoft store, or will it be a case of searching for the console at 8am?

flip

Oct 25, 2017
Worthwhile noting to sign into GAME if you're waiting to order online there, it has a queuing system, probs to avoid DDOS

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Any ideas what will happen in the UK if we are in lockdown come November 10th?
Personally, I can't see another full lockdown like we had earlier this year, unless the NHS gets totally overwhelmed. Shops aren't one of the larger sources of transmission, so I think we'll see lockdown restrictions focused more on social activity and hospitality.

But perhaps delivery is a safer option, or if you prefer collection so you don't have to wait in all day, perhaps collection from a local Amazon hub in a shop that also sells food so would be exempt from any lockdown.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Anybody found any actual landing pages besides the Microsoft store, or will it be a case of searching for the console at 8am?
Google seems to have this indexed when you search for Series X within amazon.co.uk:

Amazon.co.uk: Xbox Series X: PC & Video Games

Online shopping for Xbox Series X from a great selection at PC & Video Games Store.

The general landing page:
www.amazon.co.uk

Xbox: Xbox Series X

Xbox Series X: The fastest, most powerful Xbox ever. Play thousands of titles from four generations of consoles.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be extremely happy if my fellow Germans could wait a few minutes past 9am, so I can get my pre-order in. Dankeschön!

dabbling

Dec 3, 2018
Wild that on the day of the Series S|X pre-ordered, the Xbox One S is £250 at some of these retailers. The next gen is coming in at the same pricing as the end of the current gen!

Plum

May 31, 2018
I have one with 1080ti on board. Do I still want XSX? Of course I do ^^
I've just installed a 3080 and I'm getting one. Really depends on how insane you are.... Lol

I knew posting that would be a bad idea :P

I suppose it would just be £250 if I sell my One X for £200, and I've already got Game Pass Ultimate until Feb of 2022 so I don't have to buy any Microsoft/Bethesda games. It would basically just be me doing a straight upgrade from my current setup (PS4/XB1X/PC) to a new one...

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Xbox Series X | S Consoles - Full Range at Smyths Toys UK

Xbox Series X | S Consoles! Shop online or collect in store!✔️Free Delivery for orders over £19 ✔️ Free Same Day Click & Collect available!

Don't click on the Xbox Series S one though...it's er...broken...and can only be used by me!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've got 30 minutes to decide whether I want to get one of these. Just seems like such a defunct purchase when I already have a PC but, damn, I still want one lol.

I just want a foolproof way to play my PC games under the telly. thats clunky, getting keyboard/mouse back to the PC is clunky, the interface generally is clunky. Just a PITA and every pain point makes me want an xbox. There is probably enough overlap in titles that I can play the MS games on either locally (spare room PC, living room Xbox) and then non-gamepass stuff I can just stick to the PC or sometimes try streaming.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Either in celebration or despair..

giphy.gif