• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
There's no way in hell that 4 in 10 of the UK public are aware of Stadia.

4 in 10 people in the UK aren't aware of shit.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
It's still early for serious consumer polls, but I'm not surprised at the PS5 lead. EU is a Sonyland, and only major fuckup can prevent them having a strong foothold there.
Found it interesting that PS5 has more likely to buy % than considered.

PlayStation is a instapurchase for many EU gamers.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Streaming was crap last year but the moment a pr man speaks it's the future.

Honestly this will have zero impact on the traditional model for at least ten years.

OP
OP
gofreak

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Across our two main offices there are nearly 70 people. I genuinely think that if someone came into either of them as asked what Stadia is I would be the only one who would have heard of it. I would be genuinely astounded is the national average was anywhere near that.

There's a 'familiarity'/awareness breakdown that might be a little more telling. Nearly half of the '4 in 10' claim to be aware of the name only - a good chunk of these could be spoofing as to appear more clued in than they actually are, or might actually be thinking of something else entirely.

Oct 25, 2017
im almost exclusivly pc now. Always loved Xbox but kinda feels like they throw something new against the wall every year to see what sticks, if I were going to get a next gen console I'd have more trust in Sony not to mess it up.

You don't need an Xbox to play Microsoft games any more so you are covered regardless.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
UK has always loved Sony, we pray at the alter of Crash Bandicoot
Single flop show doesn't undermine the whole console..

Most of the casual gamer market has probably never even watched an E3 press conference.
This is a sarcastic post, right?
This was clearly before the newest State of Play.
This has to be a joke. The crap I'm seeing from people over that is astounding. It's like they forget all the amazing exclusives Sony has been sending out along with the big 3 still to come. Not every video is going to cater to everyone's interests. People know they will get amazing exclyausives on PS5 and one video covering the next 3 months doesn't change that.

yall can't be this gullible.
giphy.gif

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
One major hurdle no o e talks about is how a lot of people like to get new things. Even when buying a digital only Xbox s you still get the hardware box.

A ps5 is definitely more enticing in that aspect where as stadia's marketing push is the opposite. You don't need anything new to play games at the same or better specs .. anywhere.

It should make for some interesting back and forth advertisements.

OP
OP
gofreak

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I am an Xbox Fan but that's really surprising . Imagine being on the market for 17 years spending Billions on Marketing your brand and suddenly Google announces a new Gaming Service and are already as competitive in terms of awareness and likeliness to buy. How would you feel?

Google Stadia is not even the traditional competitor with a box but a streaming service.

To be honest, I think the overall total flatters Stadia a bit, because some of these people surveyed are necessarily not going to know much about gaming options, and thus you may introduce a recency/familiarity bias in them towards Stadia. In not knowing about Playstations or Xboxes they may simply have picked Stadia in this bit of the survey because they had it recently described to them.

The breakdown on interest seems to bear that out a bit. Among console gamers, at least, Stadia falls to half the 'most likely to buy' share of the next Xbox. Although in the 'overall' gamer demographic it still holds up pretty well...

n5C6pBz.png

Edit - sorry, for clarity in that snipped bit above, it runs top to bottom as PS5, next Xbox, Stadia, 'Switch 2'.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I haven't really gauged the reaction to the state of play on this forum. I saw it and thought it was okay but not many stuff for me. Some of these comments sound like Sony somehow ruined themselves with it. Can someone explain to me how a showing of VR games means Sony is doomed?

OP
OP
gofreak

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
PS5 is gonna own next generation it seems.

Well. Things can change. I'm sure surveys ran prior to this current gen would have flattered Xbox's chances, in the US and UK at least.

But if Sony doesn't fuck something major up, I'd expect them to benefit a lot out of the success of this gen.

I guess I haven't really gauged the reaction to the state of play on this forum. I saw it and thought it was okay but not many stuff for me. Some of these comments sound like Sony somehow ruined themselves with it. Can someone explain to me how a showing of VR games means Sony is doomed?

I have to assume people are being sarcastic about that.

Oct 30, 2017

They can't. ERA is just somewhat toxic.
I am really happy with extra VR news, like No Mans Sky VR!

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Did they see the State of Play, how could they support Sony after that showing

What you on about chief? Wheres MS VR offerings? How about Nintendo now jumping aboard in a lite version if it. End of the day Sony are supporting and offering new exciting ways to play games, Never understood the mindset of gamers these days, Whether on here, Twitch/youtube chat.... It's as if they actually don't game at all or want new technology that furthers the medium.

No mans sky in VR chap, That right there was worth the announcement.

Was you expecting E3 levels of reveals even though we all know what is coming out from Sony already.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Like I said if Sony do everything right they can make PS5 bigger than PS4 like PS2 was for PS1...

But I have doubts they will do everything right(huge focus on their AAA titles, delivering more titles(at least 3 AAA per year), DON'T MAKE Last of Us 2, DS or GOT cross gen THESES games are currently gen games, delivery at least 1 big hit at launch(Horizon 2 or Bloodborne 2 or Gran Turismo 7))

Nov 18, 2017
Sony aren't going to repeat the mistakes of PS3. I predict PS5 will surpass PS4 levels of sales and hype. They already have some strong cross-gen launch titles lined up, which is more than can be said for PS4. And backwards compatibility will nail it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's fairly accurate. I'm getting a PS5, but I'm interested in seeing what they want to try with the Stadia.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
What does the State of Play episode have to do with affecting the PS5? Did I miss a secret part where they cancelled the next God of War, Spider-Man 2, Horizon 2, Gran Turismo, etc. that are all being developed for PS5 as we speak?

Some of you are acting pretty embarrassing about yesterday

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Thing is this survey was taken probably not long after the Stadia hype/announcement - we'll see how they fare after PS5/Xbox next plans/games are out in the wild vs stadia exclusives. Then again after it actually launches and if the impressions hold enough to overcome the latency/network issues and still remain viable.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Pricing is key for Stadia. I'm hoping for an all you can eat subscription model but that price needs to be something like ÂŁ10, same as Netflix. PS Now is something like ÂŁ15 a month (please correct me) and to me that's just too high. If Stadia is ÂŁ10 I'll subscribe for one month and see how it performs. If it offers a lot AND if it fundamentally works quite well for me then I might subscribe for longer or periodically depending on what games are released that I can't get on my PS5 (which I am 100% going to own).

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Commenters online are still a small portion of the PS4 audience guys. Just because you see a bunch of negative posts about where was the big 3 doesn't mean that's a reflection of how people consumed Sony's direct. Gamers are ridiculous, but it's even more exaggerated online, that post was an obvious joke lol...

Back on topic, I'm really indifferent to Stadia. It's all about the games. I mean that's a boring tag line, but that's what I'm doing with my console besides TV and some other entertainment apps. Don't see how I'm going to be playing anything different on Google's machine so why leave my comfort zone without the exclusives from gaming companies like PS or Nintendo? Big meh for me, but I'm open to be changed.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
I am surprised with the PS5 / XB2 'most likely to buy' ratio: 41 / 24. Based on this Xbox is not going to regain market share in UK with the next gen of consoles.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Premature to make such a survey when the two are not on equal footing. It's hard to judge Stadia without understanding a whole lot more about it. With consoles the expectations are more or less the same in terms of cost, access, usability based on Sony's previous efforts. I think asking anyone about Google's efforts right now, will make everyone justifiably cautious and uncertain, more so with a streaming service