• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't gauge UK physical sales as the representation of the sales.
Everything seems to be bombing in the UK.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Wow that's disappointing :(
Hope Capcom will announce a PR with good sales like they did for RE2

Just to give context, Detroit Become Human did ~ 22k (exclusive title) and it was not good

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
And then capcom tweets out *big number shipped* and I serve mountains of crow.

so it is written

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
DMC just isn't big in the UK, I don't know a single person who has even heard of the series to be honest, I didn't even think it would make top 5.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that we always get UK numbers first lol

They lead to such wrong predictions and aren't representative at all

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I had to actually get it on digital because I couldn't find a PS4 copy in my town. I hope it does well overall, game deserves all the love it's getting.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations, you have made the worst post in Era history!

1. Any entertainment product that grosses over $6 BILLION will be studied by future generations. Full stop.

2. Disposable entertainment, as in meaningless? That is such an absurd statement, knowing how games change culture, conversation, ways we interact with one another, help parents forge bonds with children, and advance how we understand what a narrative can look like - just as the novel, film, television series, and graphic novel before them.

3. MCU movies are often extremely meaningful. We're living in an era where black kids and women see themselves as superheroes on screen. Not only does this give them a sense of ownership in our pop culture (which IS culture, whether you like it or not), it also helps dissolve race and gender biases among white kids and boys.

This shit matters. Whether you want it to or not.
I'd like to point out that I am discussing single pieces of c-media looked at in isolation, not the effect of all. And in isolation, no single piece is worth much of anything. Taken as a whole, there is power there, and it is made for the benefit of the ruling classes and no one else.

if one does find genuine meaning and human contact through corporate media, it is not a result of the specific media itself but through their own efforts and humanity. Moreover, corporate media is more often a source of deception and distraction than anything real. Hence, heavy media consumption is an impediment to actualisation.

Finally, crediting MCU movies with dissolving racism...just no. They are merely profiting by reflecting the hard won social changes that folks like mlk fought and died for.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol at anyone freaking out over some UK charts. Games don't sell that much there anyway so it's not an indicator of anything. Games like God of War and Spider-Man didn't even do 100,000 over then in their launch week. When will some of you learn..

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at anyone freaking out over some UK charts. Games don't sell that much there anyway so it's not an indicator of anything. Games like God of War and Spider-Man didn't even do 100,000 over then in their launch week. When will some of you learn..

Spider-man sold huge numbers first week in the UK and GOW also beat it series record there also if i remember right .
In fact when spidey came out it became biggest launch for the year in the UK .

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

God of War : ~96k
Spider-Man : ~190k

Horizon Zero Dawn : ~114k

Jayveer

Oct 25, 2017
I bought both games, but digitally. I'd like to see digital numbers for DMC 5 although I guess realistically it won't push it that much higher like I'd hope.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I see some are concerned for DMC due to sales from a market that has low sales and never reflects on what's going on everywhere else.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With digital factored in the game is substantially ahead of DMC

So it is an improvement for the franchise overall. Not up to DMC4s peak in the UK but much better than the last entry

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
So DMC5 physical sales = DmC sales in 2013 : https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-12-devil-may-cry-5-is-capcoms-second-uk-no-1-of-2019

Meaning with downloads DMC 5 is easily above DmC. However it's probably still below DmC 4

Also, 80% split for PS4
Damn... Sales pretty low, but not counting digital, so we can assume that overall sales are quite a bit better than DmC...

That split is pretty big, that marketing deal didn't pay off.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

DMC5 is fire, it deserves way better numbers :(