• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
About time an independent auditor came in on this shit. You wouldn't accept this of a business, so why the fuck are we allowing our government to do it?

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
About time an independent auditor came in on this shit. You wouldn't accept this of a business, so why the fuck are we allowing our government to do it?
Didn't the government block auditors from investigation recently?
Edit: oh it was the NCA being prevented from investigating the bounce back loans properly.

Last edited:

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit at the energy price cap increase; average household to face an increase of £693. That's just not realistic for most.

Poor people are fucked. Going to be a case of turning off their heating vs starving.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, fucking hell that's bad.

And combined with the other cost of living increases it's going to be a real hard few years for the poorest in this country.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, fucking hell that's bad.

And combined with the other cost of living increases it's going to be a real hard few years for the poorest in this country.
Oof. Don't forget the high probability of an Interest rate rise this afternoon by 0.5%, with two more rises likely coming in 2022.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at the energy price cap increase; average household to face an increase of £693. That's just not realistic for most.

Poor people are fucked. Going to be a case of turning off their heating vs starving.
Just in time to eat up the first pay rise I've had in 2 years 🙃

Luckily I'll be ok, but fuck me I don't know how some people cope with everything costing more to such an extreme degree.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
After they've cut the benefits increase as well. Even if people still had that money they'd be drastically out of pocket

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Umm, the VAT cut, not a certainty the suppliers would pass on the discount, well make them!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sunak is a real cunt, god help us if he gets the top job.

God look at the twats next to him, get rid of them all.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
The Bank of England has increased the base interest rate by 0.25 percentage points to 0.5%. Breaking news from BBC

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Basically their idiocy puts the average bill up by £500, they lend someone else £200 who may or may not pass it to you and consider themselves the good guys.

Oct 30, 2017
This has actually got me a bit shook. I already work two jobs, and we're just about ok at the moment.

This though - this is going to properly fuck us. Not sure what to do. I grew up in a poor house where my parents could only afford to heat one room, so in the winter my dad used to move my bed into my brothers room (i was otherwise in a box room) and they heated that (it was still cold, and in my parents room you could see your breath). I had hoped after years of graft I could avoid that kind of thing for my kids. So... depressed. What's the fucking point.

Thank fuck I redid our mortgage to a really low rate 5 year fixed last year. If I hadn't done that we'd almost certainly have to sell up.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Loan = Discount.

Newspeak. Nice. Fuck them into space.

Edit - Fuck me, I just noticed the HUGE BRITISH FLAG in that video. Stop the world, I want to get off.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know nationalisation isn't the silver bullet but god why are we letting pointless middleman private companies over price, hoard profits, for one set of pipes, cables, railway in gas, power, water, trains. It's a fucking joke. Take them all back at 51% and keep going.

Oct 28, 2017
Before I moved to Japan and got a better job here, when I was in Scotland, I could barely afford to heat the place. I'd absolutely be heatless if I were back there now, what with that price increase. Surely this has to be the thing that fucks the Tories over? We always say this but their own dosh is what people normally care about at such a base level.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Before I moved to Japan and got a better job here, when I was in Scotland, I could barely afford to heat the place. I'd absolutely be heatless if I were back there now, what with that price increase. Surely this has to be the thing that fucks the Tories over? We always say this but their own dosh is what people normally care about at such a base level.
Buddy, I'll be joining you there shortly. Hopefully this is the thing that makes my partner realise her country might be a bit better to live in than here.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
The world as whole is going to shit, I just feel for all those people that are already struggling as this is just the beginning.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
So basically the situation is my energy bill goes up by £693 but the government are making up for it by lending someone else £200 that they may or may not pass onto me but I'll be paying it back either way?

Oct 30, 2017
So basically the situation is my energy bill goes up by £693 but the government are making up for it by lending someone else £200 that they may or may not pass onto me but I'll be paying it back either way?

Yep.

And to offset that £200 your NI is going up anyway so fuck you.

The council tax thing is a ruse as it was going up anyway so the discount is nowhere near what they say it is.

Party of fiscal responsibility my hairy arse. All this on top of writing off the PPE disaster. Absolute fucking arseholes.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I hope with Sunak's cunning plan to pay back later that prices don't shoot up even more over the next few years.

Nomad Blue

Oct 30, 2017
Cardiff, UK
I hope with Sunak's cunning plan to pay back later that prices don't shoot up even more over the next few years.
I think I read earlier that they're expecting another increase at the next review in October(?). That, and another coupe of interest rate rises this year, plus prices constantly rising for everything else, and we're in for a shit year or two.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Hands up if you felt that the report into Downing Street parties wouldn't actually be made public. I want Borris out but even more so I want this vile piece of work gone with him.

I can't help but look at this image and imagine she's asking: "Where's the button to deport people?"

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Oh God Redmond again saying 'we need to pump more gas in the UK!'
Ignoring the fact that we had 50+% increase in exporting gas generated in the UK to the Continent over the last year due to better market prices. 'We' don't pump gas out the ground in the UK. Private companies do, and they will do what they want with it.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Oh God Redmond again saying 'we need to pump more gas in the UK!'
Ignoring the fact that we had 50+% increase in exporting gas generated in the UK to the Continent over the last year due to better market prices. 'We' don't pump gas out the ground in the UK. Private companies do, and they will do what they want with it.
Best to ignore everything he ever says. He's thicker than Dorries... which is, just, wow.

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
I can't help but look at this image and imagine she's asking: "Where's the button to deport people?"

My grandparents are from the Caribbean. The story of their invite to the UK from the UK government during windrush is well know to my family and friends. Recently both came close to being deported from the UK despite my grandmother working as a NHS nurse and Grandfather being a Royal Mail Postman for most of his working life.

They did that shit knowingly. It's was a purposefully demeaning endeavour. An effort to score points with the far right of the conservative party.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
That's quite a rat.
Also fuck off and good riddance, as if she suddenly cares about truth and decency working for that twat.