• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
The brexit fanatics are doubling down, not sure how he pulls it off.
Well if he's telling everyone outside the UK to spend resources on Brexit instead of the Covid-19 and keeping the economy afloat he's going to buy a lot of bad blood

Unless there's an amazing turnaround of the pandemic (wish there was) an extension is inevitable

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Well if he's telling everyone outside the UK to spend resources on Brexit instead of the Covid-19 and keeping the economy afloat he's going to buy a lot of bad blood

Unless there's an amazing turnaround of the pandemic (wish there was) an extension is inevitable

I read that moves were being made behind the scenes to extend by a year or even two, but Boris and crew are still sticking to the timetable in public, it's going to get nasty if thinks he can just bluster the idiots he has whipped up.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotally I feel like the general public are already forgetting about Brexit, even before the pandemic so it might be easy to slip in an extension. Especially when the government don't need to worry about an election for another 4 years.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
I read that moves were being made behind the scenes to extend by a year or even two, but Boris and crew are still sticking to the timetable in public, it's going to get nasty if thinks he can just bluster the idiots he has whipped up.
I can't imagine any government really wants to tackle Brexit while dealing with a health and economic crisis.

The gammons will complain, but I don't think BoJo will suffer politically, it's not a convincing argument lol.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The best part of Brexit has let me down.

I got my new passport today and it's still that god awful horrendous burgundy and not blue.

Why did we even bother.

I might burn it and claim I lost it to get a new one in a few months for another chance,

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Credit where it's due - this country did a thorough job of demonising Corbyn at every opportunity. The cunts.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017

"At a private engagement at the end of February, Cummings outlined the government's strategy. Those present say it was "#herdimmunity, protect the economy & if that means some pensioners die, too bad."

Really don't see how Cumming survives this. He'll be a useful scapegoat for Johnson to put all the blame on but this shit will haunt them when the Virus is over and we have a higher Death Rate than most parts of Europe.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
A man who knows a little bit about science is almost as dangerous as Trump.

They both think they are way smarter than they are.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
So any story about Cummings being absolute bollocks means it's probably Cummings who is saying that it's absolute bollocks. Because it's definitely the kind of language I'd expect in normal times from the prime ministers office.

I think he needs to leave number 10 pronto

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
So any story about Cummings being absolute bollocks means it's probably Cummings who is saying that it's absolute bollocks. Because it's definitely the kind of language I'd expect in normal times from the prime ministers office.

I think he needs to leave number 10 pronto

Well yes. But he doesn't have to and probably won't, and there's not much we can do.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
End of the Corbyn era approaches, his final PMQs

All government is focused on fighting the virus, I'd be amazed if they think they can have everything in place for new year even walking away. But Boris doesn't give a fuck if there's no pressure coming from his side in the media or politically.

Trade associations have never been happy.

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
New regulations for Northern Ireland

twitter.com

Darran Marshall on Twitter

“NEW🚨 Stormont ministers have agreed new regulations which will come into effect at 11pm tonight. The regulations bring into force restrictions on movement. These include that no-one may leave their home without reasonable excuse.”

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
End of the Corbyn era approaches, his final PMQs

All government is focused on fighting the virus, I'd be amazed if they think they can have everything in place for new year even walking away. But Boris doesn't give a fuck if there's no pressure coming from his side in the media or politically.

Trade associations have never been happy.

I'm still hoping that there's an acceptance that there needs to be an extension, but the government are just waiting for a politically opportune moment to announce it.

That being said, I'm fully expecting the fuckers to think we can just plow on.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
The top jobs in the shadow cabinet have been appointed, going to be interesting to see how they perform. Gender balance seems good, Lisa Nandy so far the only one of colour, hopefully BAME representation will be shown more in the rest of the positions.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018

My employers sent out an email as soon as all the talks of an exit strategy started saying they'll still be enforcing social distancing regardless of lockdown deadline.

Feels like politicking, could backfire

Oct 28, 2017

My employers sent out an email as soon as all the talks of an exit strategy started saying they'll still be enforcing social distancing regardless of lockdown deadline.

Yeah, my work expects a work from home strategy for at least another two months. There's no real requirement for an office in the first place, but the idea of normality demands it.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also having a plan doesn't just mean going back to normal as it pointed out in the first paragraph of the story.

People talking about Starmer when the quote literally says it's from Neil Ferguson, the government's own scientific advisor and the person who convinced Johnson to lock down in the first place.

Also having a plan doesn't mean lifting everything and going back to normal. Literally nobody is saying that.

www.theguardian.com

UK needs lockdown exit strategy, says key coronavirus adviser

Prof Neil Ferguson suggests there has been more planning for Brexit than Covid-19
Downing Street needs to accelerate planning for exiting the coronavirus lockdown because contact tracing, testing and social distancing will be needed "indefinitely" until a vaccine is discovered, Prof Neil Ferguson, one of the leading epidemiologists advising the government, has said.

www.telegraph.co.uk

Neil Ferguson, the scientist who convinced Boris Johnson of UK coronavirus lockdown, criticised in past for flawed research

Professor Neil Ferguson predicted Britain was on course to lose 250,000 lives during the coronavirus epidemic

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
People talking about Starmer when the quote literally says it's from Neil Ferguson, the government's own scientific advisor and the person who convinced Johnson to lock down in the first place.

Also having a plan doesn't mean lifting everything and going back to normal. Literally nobody is saying that.

www.theguardian.com

UK needs lockdown exit strategy, says key coronavirus adviser

Prof Neil Ferguson suggests there has been more planning for Brexit than Covid-19

www.telegraph.co.uk

Neil Ferguson, the scientist who convinced Boris Johnson of UK coronavirus lockdown, criticised in past for flawed research

Professor Neil Ferguson predicted Britain was on course to lose 250,000 lives during the coronavirus epidemic

yeah, i'm amazed people don't want to see a well thought out exit strategy that has cross party backing and the reasoning set out in advance so problems etc can be worked out beforehand. people need to stop letting the government get away with blagging their way through everything in some dumb version of national unity.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
People have been falling over themselves to ignore what he's actually saying ever since that letter was released.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
You would have thought people would agree it is good to have a strategy for an inevitable future event, but there you go!

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Looks like our government is off its tits.

UK making 'impossible demands' over Europol database in EU talks

According to a German government report on the UK's position in the Brexit talks, seen by the Guardian, Britain wants to "approximate the position of a member state as closely as possible" when it comes to working with Europol, the EU's law enforcement agency.
This included a desire to continue to access Europol's central intelligence database (EIS) – a wish the German report, summarising the EU's position, described as "not possible".

Britain running down the clock in Brexit talks, says Michel Barnier

Michel Barnier has suggested the UK is running down the clock in its talks over the country's future relationship with the EU by refusing to even discuss key issues such as access for European fishermen to UK waters.
During a virtual press conference at the end of a week of videoconference talks, the EU's chief negotiator appeared exasperated by the British team, led by David Frost. The UK's chief negotiator has said the UK will leave the single market and customs union with or without a deal by the end of the year.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Johnson proud to announce the birth of his son yet when asked about his kids in the run up to the election he doesn't talk about them.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
Barnier has written some remarks after the latest round of negotiations. No deal here we come!
  • Why would we seek to give favourable market access conditions to certain British professionals when our European fishermen would be excluded from British waters and risk losing their livelihoods?
  • Why would we help British enterprises to provide their services in the EU without any guarantees of economic fair play?
  • And, beyond our economic partnership, why would be ambitious on questions of extradition or the exchange of personal data if we have no firm commitments from the UK on the protection of European citizens' fundamental rights?
  • And lastly, how would we guarantee that our future partnership would be coherent on all of these important topics in the absence of a single institutional framework? We need this to enable the United Kingdom and the EU to jointly implement the full range of our commitments.

To make progress in this negotiation – if it is still the United Kingdom's intention to strike a deal with the EU – the United Kingdom will have to be more realistic; it will have to overcome this incomprehension and, no doubt, it will have to change strategy.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I didn't realise until a few weeks ago that the UK lead negotiator "Frosty" is a chum of Boris and a right wing brexiteer type, i thought he was the usual civil servant just doing what he's told, but he left the service to go into business until Boris brought him back to the foreign office.

So yeah, i'm not expecting much, and the idea that Boris can just casually trundle up to a summit with Ursula von der Leyen and get a deal annoys me.

Geeker

May 11, 2019
Understandably COVID and the unrest in the US is sucking up most attention right now, but is it not time for a Brexit OT v4 again? After all, has anything really changed? Seems like negotiations are still in a complete stand still and UK government is still in la la land where you get all market access and all of the magical sovereignty as well. At the same time the no deal scenario inches closer with the promise to have a deal or no deal ready by the end of the year. Is it just me or is it all a repeat of the 2019 fiasco?