• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Of course its Labours fault, this wouldn't happen if they won GE19.

Corbyn should have resigned when Lisa Nandy asked him to back in 2016.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
This Trevor Philips stuff is bizarre, The Policy exchange releasing a PDF, complaints about having a flawed definition of islamophobia and freedom of speech etc. I sometimes feel i'm living in a fucked up experiment of some kind. I think suspending him with a leadership contest underway was a mistake, but all this shit about Labour trying to intimidate the EHRC has to be the ramblings of a loonie.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know someone else was going through the same battle my wife was here recently, I feel shit for not being able to remember their username right now, but if you're out there other guy who was fighting for their wifes PIP did you get anywhere?

After 6 months and almost 2 more months waiting for the tribunal date to come through my wife was finally awarded her disability again! If you haven't heard from them yet dont give up hope! We HAD given up hope. It broke my wife and shes been seeing a therapist since but it's actually fucking over! Dont give up, there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Never watched it but Nigel Farage on to discuss something he has no business discussing. wow...

I know someone else was going through the same battle my wife was here recently, I feel shit for not being able to remember their username right now, but if you're out there other guy who was fighting for their wifes PIP did you get anywhere?

Still waiting on that Tribunal date. x.x would be great to hear something soon, things are tight money wise due to all my own hospital appointments (we get a taxi there due to some other issues I have and it's like 20 - 30 quid each way) plus shopping every week and other surprise expenses. urgh.

Hopefully we get a date soon and win it. Hopefully.

After 6 months and almost 2 more months waiting for the tribunal date to come through my wife was finally awarded her disability again! If you haven't heard from them yet dont give up hope! We HAD given up hope. It broke my wife and shes been seeing a therapist since but it's actually fucking over! Dont give up, there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Oh and congrats on winning it. We're at a month or so of waiting now for a date (after having to resubmit information because of a paperwork error on our part. Did that back in Jan)

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Never watched it but Nigel Farage on to discuss something he has no business discussing. wow...

Still waiting on that Tribunal date. x.x would be great to hear something soon, things are tight money wise due to all my own hospital appointments (we get a taxi there due to some other issues I have and it's like 20 - 30 quid each way) plus shopping every week and other surprise expenses. urgh.

Hopefully we get a date soon and win it. Hopefully.

Fwiw I know the feeling. It's been rough as fuck getting by. At Christmas we had the rent +£70 for the whole month. Fingers crossed you get what we did where they call and offer it reinstated over the phone. We were also waiting on the tribunal date which was already overdue but got a call instead. I'm crossing my fingers and toes you get tha same. When this happened to my father he got the call a couple weeks later whereas ours was months so I figure they're very backed up atm.

Since we seemed to be going through this around the same time I'm hoping it's just a similar case for you too. They didnt actually mention any change in circumstances. They just basically saw the tribunal request finally and chose this instead of fighting it.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed you get what we did where they call and offer it reinstated over the phone.

Wow, lucky. Almost jealous (but happy <3) of yous haha.

Our luck tends to be pretty bad so I doubt we'll have that luck, plus from 0 points to being awarded it without going to tribunal, I just don't see it happening.

But yeah, I am really happy for you and your wife though. ^^

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MEBs4si.png

🤷‍♂️ might as well get Mr Blobby on next

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, lucky. Almost jealous (but happy <3) of yous haha.

Our luck tends to be pretty bad so I doubt we'll have that luck, plus from 0 points to being awarded it without going to tribunal, I just don't see it happening.

But yeah, I am really happy for you and your wife though. ^^

I'm gonna be holding out every bit of hope for you and your wife man. We've been feeling down on our luck with all of it too. Admittedly my wife was granted 4 points initially which may have acted as a small leg up, but she was also denied any extra points with mandatory reconsideration too. If you're a month in then hopefully you'll be a month out from a call. We had definitely given up on the hope of anything other than tribunal too.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be holding out every bit of hope for you and your wife man. We've been feeling down on our luck with all of it too. Admittedly my wife was granted 4 points initially which may have acted as a small leg up, but she was also denied any extra points with mandatory reconsideration too. If you're a month in then hopefully you'll be a month out from a call. We had definitely given up on the hope of anything other than tribunal too.

Our mandatory reconsideration response letter from them was literally the same thing the initial letter decision said. As in, they basically didn't even read the mandatory reconsideration letter we submitted.

So urgh.

Appreciate the good thoughts though, thanks. <3.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I checked out his appearance - thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought - thought he'd literally been invited into the studio as some sort of Coronavirus expert.

It was more to do with the government's response and how the most trenchant opposition is currently coming from outside Westminster.

Although, I'd rather save that for experts too.

In more positive news:

www.theguardian.com

UK banks offer mortgage holidays for customers affected by coronavirus

RBS, NatWest, Lloyds and TSB to increase credit card limits and let fixed-term savers withdraw cash early

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
She was pretty good talking to Piers about Trans issues and self-identifying.

All those people in the comments saying "THIS IS WHY LABOUR WILL KEEP LOSING" are themselves completely oblivious to the fact that nobody cares about "winning the culture war" but them, and the rest of us see the discourse for what it really is... an attempt to strip away civil rights.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
All those people in the comments saying "THIS IS WHY LABOUR WILL KEEP LOSING" are themselves completely oblivious to the fact that nobody cares about "winning the culture war" but them, and the rest of us see the discourse for what it really is... an attempt to strip away civil rights.

TBH, the trans stuff can become a issue for Labour, there were reports of the Conservatives already testing out how to weaponise the issue before the last election. I definitely expect them to try and use it in the coming years, Labour has to be able to respond in a way that effectively makes clear they stand with the trans community and advocate for then effectively. Emphasis on the effectively because I see a lot of people who are 100% right in what they are saying but can't communicate it and handle the issue in interviews/debates. Props to Lisa for being able to do that.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
The conspiracy theorist in me, is starting to wonder if there's a way that Boris will make money from the spread of the Coronavirus; at first I was thinking that it's possible that reliance on US Pharma will strengthen his relationship with Trump, but then I thought, even if Boris tried to contain the Coronavirus, 99% of the population would take the vaccine, regardless of whether there was any risk of them catching the coronavirus or not.

Hmm..., so how else could Boris be financially benefiting from the spread of the Coronavirus...???

Maybe it's the opposite, and he's worried about the share prices of all his investments; have the Teletubbies had an IPO???

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
...Isn't this their own voting base too?

The Author responds

"On reflection, I should not have used the word "cull". But I am unrepentant about the economic point I was trying to make. Any thinning out of those of prime working age is a much bigger supply shock than the same thing among elderly retirees. Obviously, for those affected it is a human tragedy whatever the age, but this is a piece about economics, not the sum of human misery."

A telegraph reader not happy with the show of weakness

"The only people getting bent out of shape over the 'cull' comment are deeply precious and timorous
invertebrates who revel in taking offence and struggle with anything which requires even a semblance of resilience."

Bunch of fucking nutters

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this is before brexit and the coronavirus too.

the chancellor is about to promise the world as we're running head first into a recession

Oct 31, 2017

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Boris Johnson signalled that self employed could receive sick pay - sorry, just saw it on Guardian live blog from PMQs

Good move tbh

Oct 27, 2017
That telegraph quote is unreal.

"Thanks for the crucial votes that got us exactly what we wanted, now do what's right and die a painful death at the hands of a preventable disease"

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
So you can phone up and get asick note from NHS 111...

That seems like it will cause the 111 lines to get clogged up even more...

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
So you can phone up and get asick note from NHS 111...

That seems like it will cause the 111 lines to get clogged up even more...

It's good as a temporary measure - but yes, those lines will be clogged up.

Seems like some okay measures in this budget so far tbh

Edit: or maybe not as good as I first thought

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How many businesses are valued less than 50K?

Coronavirus recession not a Brexit recession.